Essential Nassau excursion . royal cariibbean

pbinn

Has anyone done the essential Nassau tour with RC? It says 2 hours long in one spot and 3 1/2 in the description. We weren't going to do an excursion at all but saw this one for $45 each and thought it was a good way to spend a couple hours seeing some of the highlights. Stops at the Rum cake factory and John Watlings distillery also.

• 3.5-hour tour: See the sights and attractions of Nassau in air-conditioned comfort; stop for photos and samples of local food and drink along the way.
  • Queen’s Staircase: For amazing views of Nassau, climb a staircase of more than 65 steps carved by slaves from solid coral rock.
  • Fort Charlotte: Learn how the Fort built in the Napoleonic era was used to defend the island against marauding pirates.
  • Atlantis Resort: Take gorgeous photos at the famous Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island.

• 9 months later...

I have personally used Cheryl's Bahamas Taxi and Tours (found on TripAdvisor) and they were exactly the 5 star experience that I was hoping for. It was so much better than a large excursion/tour. You walk out of the port and driver is waiting, professional. Air conditioned, drinks, and at your pace. They will even call in an order at the Fish Fry to save you time.

I took this tour in 2016. You go to a tiny rum cake store, the distillery was another spend your money stop. At the fort they have locals selling t shirts and things. When you go to Atlantis you stop to take pictures of the outside of the building then take you to the shops of Atlantis. After that they take you to a restaurant I wouldn't eat in.

The guide said Woo Hoo! so many times I couldn't wait to get off the bus.

I'm usually not this negative but I thought it was a waste of money.

Thanks for the review. I'll try to find something else. None of the other excursions really excited me. If I don't go on an excursion and want to just walk around, is there stuff by the pier? Is the Queen's staircase too far away to walk to?

You can easily walk to the queens staircase from the pier. Maybe 1/3 of a mile. There are some preplanned routes, I've seen them posted here before and maybe others can chime in with it. But you can actually get to almost all of this stuff just walking. Distillery, rum cake factory, queens staircase, fort fincastle, etc. It's all in downtown and walkable.

• 2 weeks later...