cab fare from Miami Airport to the Port in Ft. Lauderdale

tyler6597

If there are only two of you, taking the Princess transfers will be less expensive.
I agree. When I priced out all of my options a couple of years ago, the cheapest I could find was $78 plus tip. I think the Princess transfer is $19-20/pp.

If you don't want to use the Princess transfer, consider finding a shuttle that goes between MIA and FLL, and take a taxi from FLL to the port.

We found that for the 2 of us last December that renting a car at the Miami airport and dropping it off at FLL was the cheapest. We then took the free hotel shuttle from FLL to our hotel for the night. In the morning our hotel provided shuttle service to the port (for a fee).

If you are not flying in a day early and spending a night, possibly a taxi from FLL to the port after dropping off the rental car might still be a reasonable cost overall.

If you don't want to use the Princess transfer, consider finding a shuttle that goes between MIA and FLL, and take a taxi from FLL to the port.

https://reservations.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx

SuperShuttle shared van MIA-Port Everglades: $56 for two people

SuperShuttle shared van MIA-FLL: $60 for 2 people (then add $15 taxi fare to port)

Private van same for either trip: $110

But if prices were reversed I would still strongly advise against an unnecessary visit to FLL as two major exit ramps are closed for construction. Was there to catch a Sunday 5:00 flight a few weeks ago and bottleneck to exit airport was horrendous. Don't want to contemplate a Saturday or Sunday midday in January with eight ships in port.

Contact SAS Transportation or All Star Transportation , about 15.00 a person , They both run continous shuttle buses

SAS does not provide service from MIA to Port Everglades. SAS can only do roundtrip travel between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale with the service begining in Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by Eng23

SAS does not provide service from MIA to Port Everglades. SAS can only do roundtrip travel between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale with the service begining in Ft. Lauderdale.

Close...SAS can pick up in Miami if the trip ends in Ft. Lauderdale. They do not service the Miami Airport.

American Shuttle, the vendor at the airport, charges $37 for the first passenger and $28 each additional passenger to get to Port Everglades. No need to make reservations. Just locate the American Shuttle Desk outside of bag claim.

Edited by miamiyogi

Close...SAS can pick up in Miami if the trip ends in Ft. Lauderdale. They do not service the Miami Airport.

American Shuttle, the vendor at the airport, charges $37 for the first passenger and $28 each additional passenger to get to Port Everglades. No need to make reservations. Just locate the American Shuttle Desk outside of bag claim.

Thanks for the clarification. At least I was in the ballpark. :)

• 1 month later...

Do you remember what you paid, I was quoted 48.00 for 2 going to mia through princess. Did you use them and if so, how far in advance to you need to make the reservations, our cruise leaves on nov 17th.

Thanks for the info:)

If there are only two of you, taking the Princess transfers will be less expensive.

Do you remember what you paid, I was quoted 48.00 for 2 going to mia through princess. Did you use them and if so, how far in advance to you need to make the reservations, our cruise leaves on nov 17th.

Thanks for the info:)

$48 for two passengers going from the MIA airport to Port Everglades? Or going from MIA to the port of Miami? :confused:

Going to Port Everglades that is a great deal -- book it now. ;)

Going to POM that is a bad deal :( -- a taxi will cost $24+tip (flat rate fare for the cab, not per person) and the trip takes about 15 minutes.

Good luck! :)

• 2 years later...

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

this is the link to the fare chart provided on the MIA web site and gives typical fare for taxi and shuttle

note that a taxi fare is per VEHICLE and shuttle fare is per person . . .

a taxi is $75 plus tip .... according to this page

Edited by Capt_BJ