World cruise QM2 2013 sold out

2irisheyes

Yesterday there was quite a bit of availability but today this cruise is showing as completely sold out on the Cunard website. Very strange.

It might have something to do with the seven day sale that started today. Cunard is offering complimentary balcony upgrades for selected 2013 voyages & categories that are booked before the 30th of November.

http://www.cunard.com/Special-Offers/2013-Voyage-Offers/

Apparently this has had some impact on what's showing as available in their systems for 2013 voyages. For example, a Queens Grill suite I was looking at yesterday suddenly became unavailable today, Cunard suggested it was because of the sale. I had to wait list it this morning, and was subsequently advised this afternoon that it's mine (so it was never unavailable in actual fact).

Lucky you Whitemarsh. Which sector this time? And Queens no less! :)

Thanks Pushka. It's still the same itinerary - Singapore to Brisbane - but I've changed it so that I'm now doing Singapore to Hong Kong in Britannia, followed by Hong Kong to Brisbane in Queens Grill.

I'm very excited as I haven't done either of those categories. I'm looking forward to experiencing both Britannia and the Queens Grill.

P.S. I made sure to book a Q6 so as to avoid the dreaded 8129.

Whitemarsh - thank you for your reply. The sale does not relate to the world cruise so it should not have any impact. It just seemed to me that it was the world cruise and sectors which were showing as sold out. Other cruises had availability as usual. No doubt time will tell.

Whitemarsh - thank you for your reply. The sale does not relate to the world cruise so it should not have any impact. It just seemed to me that it was the world cruise and sectors which were showing as sold out. Other cruises had availability as usual. No doubt time will tell.

Maybe, I am aware of two similar offers (free balcony upgrades) that are available for the following 2013 world cruise sectors:

QM2 Hong Kong to Brisbane departing Feb 17th 2013

QV San Francisco to Brisbane departing Feb 1st 2013

Hi all

The Cunard website does show legs to Australia booked out but on line travel agents still have berths available, we booked Hong Kong - Brisbane.

The Balcony upgrades are to A4 obstructed views deck 8 or B5 sheltered balcony

Regards

Norm

Received a mailing today from Cunard offering up to 2 for 1 savings (off EB fares) on QM2 sailings Soton-Dubai 1/13, Dubai-Singapore 1/13, Dubai-Hong Kong 1/13, Hong Kong-Sidney 2/13 and Cape Town-Soton 4/13. Also included are several QV segments. Offer expires 10/31/12.

We booked the final leg a few days after the 2014 itinerary was released - Cape Town to Soton, 16 nights. Can't wait, should be a brilliant experience. In a Q6 adjacent to the Q5 next door, have high expectations and anticipate a fantastic voyage.

When I last looked there were very few Grill suites available and I'm not sure if the price guarantee applies to this voyage. We did get good obc to be fair but there may be deals up for grabs which always intrigues me.

I'm guessing that all legs of a world cruise will be popular, wonder how many folks do the whole journey? Anyway, counting down the days, first time on QM2 after 2 trips on Q Vic.

quote: I'm guessing that all legs of a world cruise will be popular, wonder how many folks do the whole journey? Anyway, counting down the days, first time on QM2 after 2 trips on Q Vic.

We did the world cruise in 2011 on the QM2, 94 days that were a trip of a lifetime. About 1/4 of the passengers did the world cruise, though some of those split their time between QM2 and QE, changing in Sidney. At each segment, we would have as many as 1500 new passengers. Surprisingly, there were some passengers who had done world cruise before, some more than 2. At the beginning of each segment, we noticed a marked difference in the personality of the new group that boarded. For example, at the beginning the ship had a high number of Brits, and they were super polite. In South Africa, most of the Brits got off and a younger crowd boarded. In Australia, the party going people arrived. In Dubai, we had a very different crowd of Brits come onboard, lured by incredibly cheap fares for that segment. It was all lots of fun to watch. Though I've read some complaints that the world cruisers keep to themselves, I met all sorts of wonderful people in each segment and didn't feel that way.

• 1 month later...

Archived