NCL Dawn Obstructed View Sideway Cabin

William W

I have just booked a sideway obstructed view cabin on the Dawn for Dec 2013.

I have booked cabin 8622 as it looks like it is larger than other sideway cabin on the deck plan. Is this really the case? If so, how would this compare with the other sideway cabins such as 8616? Does anyone have pictures of the difference between the 2 cabins? Would one have a sofa, and the other a chair?

I will be with my DW, DSs (6 and 1), would this cabin be a tight squeeze for the 4 of us?

Thanks in advance.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700349&highlight=ncl+dawn

The link above shows my photos for Dawn stateroom 8626. I could be alittle bit of a tight squeeze for 4, but not as bad as a standard inside trying to fit 4. You will have enough room in front of the beds to jump in and out.

There was no couch in the room, just a chair near the makeup mirror, and a chair for the table.

For two of us the room was great. The bathroom was huge. A tip for you, request some extra towels to put around the floor on the exterior of the shower as the floor tends to get slightly wet.

I have just booked a sideway obstructed view cabin on the Dawn for Dec 2013.

I have booked cabin 8622 as it looks like it is larger than other sideway cabin on the deck plan. Is this really the case? If so, how would this compare with the other sideway cabins such as 8616? Does anyone have pictures of the difference between the 2 cabins? Would one have a sofa, and the other a chair?

I will be with my DW, DSs (6 and 1), would this cabin be a tight squeeze for the 4 of us?

Thanks in advance.

We have stayed in the sideways cabin on the Dawn ( and other NCL ships). We liked the layout...it seemed a bit bigger, maybe an illusion, but we loved that layout over a conventional one. If they are inside or obstructed view cabins, none will have a sofa, just a chair. The obstructed view sideways cabins on deck 8 are bigger than the inside sideways.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700349&highlight=ncl+dawn

The link above shows my photos for Dawn stateroom 8626. I could be alittle bit of a tight squeeze for 4, but not as bad as a standard inside trying to fit 4. You will have enough room in front of the beds to jump in and out.

There was no couch in the room, just a chair near the makeup mirror, and a chair for the table.

For two of us the room was great. The bathroom was huge. A tip for you, request some extra towels to put around the floor on the exterior of the shower as the floor tends to get slightly wet.

This cabin was larger and had a "huge" bathroom because this was a handicapped accessible cabin, not because it is a sideways cabin. See the bathroom grab rails, shower flush to the floor, etc. I personally would not book a handicap cabin...rather save it for someone who needs it.

This cabin was larger and had a "huge" bathroom because this was a handicapped accessible cabin, not because it is a sideways cabin. See the bathroom grab rails, shower flush to the floor, etc. I personally would not book a handicap cabin...rather save it for someone who needs it.

True,but when room was available at the last minute,and offered we took it. NCL and our travel agent gave it to us, so it was obvious no one needed/booked it on this cruise. Thanks for your personal opinion.

• 4 months later...

we are just back from a cruise in bermuda , and we had room 8622 on the dawn.

first of all there is only 3 beds (2 single bed that make a queen/king size bed and 1 single bed you can fold back against the wall)

be aware the room sit right above the bar karaokee from deck 7, so you will be "entertained "every night until midnight, if you are sensitive to noise or concerned it might be a problem for the 1yo baby i suggest you ask for a change, because it get quite noisy.

Archived