Military OBC Reinstated

Cruise NH

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that the program to give a military OBC for US veterans has been reinstated.

As some may know, this program was in place for awhile but for some reason it was discontinued for US vets, although UK vets were still eligible.

I wrote a post to Cunard's facebook page asking why this was so. Why some vets were eligible for this and not others. They got back to me to say they were looking into it...honestly I wasn't very hopeful.

But then last week they answered my post and said the OBC program was back on so I sent my husband's information in and sure enough, we have OBC for our two trans-atlantics this year. I appreciate Cunard's attention to this matter, they do listen...

I don't know if this reinstatement applies to veterans from all countries or not, but it would be worth a try I think.

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that the program to give a military OBC for US veterans has been reinstated.

As some may know, this program was in place for awhile but for some reason it was discontinued for US vets, although UK vets were still eligible.

I wrote a post to Cunard's facebook page asking why this was so. Why some vets were eligible for this and not others. They got back to me to say they were looking into it...honestly I wasn't very hopeful.

But then last week they answered my post and said the OBC program was back on so I sent my husband's information in and sure enough, we have OBC for our two trans-atlantics this year. I appreciate Cunard's attention to this matter, they do listen...

I don't know if this reinstatement applies to veterans from all countries or not, but it would be worth a try I think.

A big well done and nice to hear Cunard do listen ;)

I received this email last week.

Military Personnel Benefits

We are pleased to offer a special Military Personnel onboard credit program for Cunard Line and Princess Cruises bookings. This program is available to serving military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification as outlined below.

The benefit will be an onboard spend and the latest this benefit can be applied will be 7 days before departure. Please note that it will not be possible to apply the Military benefit once the passengers are onboard the ship. The benefit is applicable to serving military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification.

• Serving personnel currently serving in the following service divisions:
  • British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves with a copy of your official military ID card.
  • Retired Military personnel must provide appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD(there is a specific document retired personnel can obtain from the MOD for this purpose).

• Required Identification
    • Serving Personnel: Copy of your official military ID card.
    • Retired Personnel: appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD

Onboard Credit Amount Per Cabin

• Cruise Length

• Amount

• 6 Days or Less

• $50 per cabin

• 7 - 13 Days

• $100 per cabin

• 14 Days or Longer

• $250 per cabin

*Please note if you have a booking with the following promotions you will not be entitled to the benefits as they are not combinable:

A**/D**/Y**/N**/F**/KPG/KMG/KDG/R**

Please email a copy of your identification with a covering note including your name, booking reference, ship, cruise number and date of travel to:

militarybenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Kind Regards

Jane O'Callaghan| Concessions Administrator

Carnival UK, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST

----- -----

To: Military Benefits/RES/CarnivalUK@CARNIVALUK

The quote above descibes the UK version. I'm observing that it's open to a smaller population than the previous benefit we received in the US. In the US most honorably discharged veterans (as shown via DD-214) were eligible for the described benefit (more than 2 years service, or more than 6 months in a combat zone), not just active duty and retired members.

Hopefully (for my sake :) ) the reinstated benefit will be the same as it had been, and as it has been on Princess all along.

But then last week they answered my post and said the OBC program was back on
Cruise NH, could you please point me to Cunard'sFacebook post on this? It might help me determine my eligibility. I'm a veteran but not a military retiree. I qualified under the old US program so I'd like to see if they've reinstated the same qualifications.

Cruise NH, could you please point me to Cunard'sFacebook post on this? It might help me determine my eligibility. I'm a veteran but not a military retiree. I qualified under the old US program so I'd like to see if they've reinstated the same qualifications.

I'm not a retiree either, but Cunard told me when I phoned that serving more than two years qualifies. I never knew about the former program; this is the first time I've applied. It may take two weeks to process my email, I was told. I'll post the outcome as soon as I know it.

My email to militarybenefit@cunard.com with attached DD 214 and booking confirmation is on its way.

The address above from pmb1 is correct for US veterans, sorry I didn't post that.

The facebook page does not have the requirements on it. It's just a forum to ask Cunard questions. If you have a Facebook account just do a search for Cunard and you'll be taken there if you want to leave a comment.

We sent a scanned copy of my husband's DD-214 and a scanned copy of his driver's card and we heard in less then a week.

If you used a travel agent, they can contact Cunard for you to get the requirements and the OBC.

I used to get this from Cunard and then it was discontinued, does anyone know if I have to resubmit the documentation or will it carry over from before?

It is attached to my Captains Circle number on princess and happens automatically every cruise I book without me even mentioning it.

Also I read this: *Please note if you have a booking with the following promotions you will not be entitled to the benefits as they are not combinable:

Does anyone know what these categories are? Princess allow the OBC on any cruise except interline bookings.

I used to get this from Cunard and then it was discontinued, does anyone know if I have to resubmit the documentation or will it carry over from before?

It is attached to my Captains Circle number on princess and happens automatically every cruise I book without me even mentioning it.

Also I read this: *Please note if you have a booking with the following promotions you will not be entitled to the benefits as they are not combinable:

Does anyone know what these categories are? Princess allow the OBC on any cruise except interline bookings.

We resubmitted our information. I don't think we're going to know the definitive answer to this question until someone tries it. Hopefully they'll report here...so if you do it first...report back.

I don't know what the codes are, but we did have other minor OBC and it remained in place (I don't know what code we had).

I'm not a retiree either, but Cunard told me when I phoned that serving more than two years qualifies. I never knew about the former program; this is the first time I've applied. It may take two weeks to process my email, I was told. I'll post the outcome as soon as I know it.
Just received an email updated booking confirmation from Cunard showing an additional $250 OBC. Thanks again, Cruise NH, for telling us about this Military Benefit.

Archived