island tour, spices and chocolate

5MNtravelbugs

• 3 months later...

Used JnJ Tours in January 2018. Stanley Grainger was a fantastic tour guide. He is a wealth of knowledge about his Island, and as a US Army veteran and former inhabitant of the USA speaks perfect English. Stan has a newer top of the line van that will seat 7 max, our group was 6, ourselves and 2 other couples. He is a gentleman in every way, he pulls that van over, and waves the other traffic past, at many places to show interesting things and explain what you are looking at. You make all the normal stops for Grenada, waterfall, spice shop, crater lake, Ft Fredrik, and then a stop at Grand Anse beach. He will pick you up at the beach and return you to the ship at whatever time you tell him, and no worry he will be there since you don’t pay him till your dropped back off at port.

Highly Recommend this tour – contact info – email:grainger.stan@gmail.com or web site:http://www.jnjtours.com – I had great response with email

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We did a tour with Cutty Tours. We had to wait a little bit for him to get other passengers before we left the port terminal, but he did a great job! He took us to the rainforest and lured a monkey down to sit on our shoulders. We went to the Jouvay chocolate factory (a favorite for me!), the nutmeg factory, and other sites.

We did a tour with Cutty Tours. We had to wait a little bit for him to get other passengers before we left the port terminal, but he did a great job! He took us to the rainforest and lured a monkey down to sit on our shoulders. We went to the Jouvay chocolate factory (a favorite for me!), the nutmeg factory, and other sites.

How many were in your party? Did you arrange the tour with Cutty in advance or find him at the port? I've been communicating with him and thinking of booking him for our group of 5. Did he customize the tour for you? How many hours was the tour? Any information would be great. TIA

How many were in your party? Did you arrange the tour with Cutty in advance or find him at the port? I've been communicating with him and thinking of booking him for our group of 5. Did he customize the tour for you? How many hours was the tour? Any information would be great. TIA

There were four of us and we booked in advance with him. The day of, he did ask what we wanted to see, but we really just wanted the highlights, so we didn't request anything special (although I highly recommend the Jouvay Chocolate Factory). The other party that ended up with us was three - parents and a teenage boy. There was more than enough room for all of us in the van. The teenage boy did get motion sick 3/4 of the way through, though (not b/c of Cutty, just b/c of the roads), so if you are prone to motion sickness, bring meds for it. Cutty will also let you sit up front, which will help with that. I can't remember exactly how many hours the tour was, but it was a good chunk of the day. We got back with a little time left over to walk the area near the port. You pay at the end of the tour, cash.

There were four of us and we booked in advance with him. The day of, he did ask what we wanted to see, but we really just wanted the highlights, so we didn't request anything special (although I highly recommend the Jouvay Chocolate Factory). The other party that ended up with us was three - parents and a teenage boy. There was more than enough room for all of us in the van. The teenage boy did get motion sick 3/4 of the way through, though (not b/c of Cutty, just b/c of the roads), so if you are prone to motion sickness, bring meds for it. Cutty will also let you sit up front, which will help with that. I can't remember exactly how many hours the tour was, but it was a good chunk of the day. We got back with a little time left over to walk the area near the port. You pay at the end of the tour, cash.

Awesome ... he gave me some suggestions for places of interest and I added 1 more (might have been on his list and he just didn't list it) ... said it would be apx 5-6 hours. Good to know about motion sick and sitting up front... one of the people going with us tends to get motion sick on smaller boats, so not sure if she'll have problems...

We have 5 people at the moment ... how long did you have to wait for him to fill up the van with the other people?

How much did he quote you vs what the other people paid?

Awesome ... he gave me some suggestions for places of interest and I added 1 more (might have been on his list and he just didn't list it) ... said it would be apx 5-6 hours. Good to know about motion sick and sitting up front... one of the people going with us tends to get motion sick on smaller boats, so not sure if she'll have problems...

We have 5 people at the moment ... how long did you have to wait for him to fill up the van with the other people?

How much did he quote you vs what the other people paid?

Let's see.... I think we waited up to a half hour. I'm not sure exactly, but it doesn't seem like it was longer than that. I don't think we set an exact time to meet him, so we just went out and asked for him and we were off the ship pretty early. We paid $30/pp plus $2 entry fee to something (nutmeg factory, I think). I want to say that the other group that came with us paid $50/pp, so they ended up paying more for their group of three than we did for our group of four.

Let's see.... I think we waited up to a half hour. I'm not sure exactly, but it doesn't seem like it was longer than that. I don't think we set an exact time to meet him, so we just went out and asked for him and we were off the ship pretty early. We paid $30/pp plus $2 entry fee to something (nutmeg factory, I think). I want to say that the other group that came with us paid $50/pp, so they ended up paying more for their group of three than we did for our group of four.

Ok, thank you ... he quoted me $40/pp for 5-6 hours, so still not too bad - I think we are going to book him and be done with it ... Grenada and Tortola are giving me heartburn trying to find something to do ... ugh - now to narrow down Tortola

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, cruisegus said:

Used JnJ Tours in January 2018. Stanley Grainger was a fantastic tour guide. He is a wealth of knowledge about his Island, and as a US Army veteran and former inhabitant of the USA speaks perfect English. Stan has a newer top of the line van that will seat 7 max, our group was 6, ourselves and 2 other couples. He is a gentleman in every way, he pulls that van over, and waves the other traffic past, at many places to show interesting things and explain what you are looking at. You make all the normal stops for Grenada, waterfall, spice shop, crater lake, Ft Fredrik, and then a stop at Grand Anse beach. He will pick you up at the beach and return you to the ship at whatever time you tell him, and no worry he will be there since you don’t pay him till your dropped back off at port.

Highly Recommend this tour – contact info – email:grainger.stan@gmail.com or web site:http://www.jnjtours.com – I had great response with email

• 3 weeks later...