neo romantica: dining options

andante

Yes, that's right just pizza at euro7.50. The seating in the buffet area is set up for dinner though and its open seating....you can go anytime, though the menu is the same as the MDR.

are you saying you were able to sit in the buffet area and order off the dinner menu? that has not been reported before. when was this? if it sonething new, it would be welcomed by many. it was not offerred a month ago on mediterranea.

are you saying you were able to sit in the buffet area and order off the dinner menu? that has not been reported before. when was this? if it sonething new, it would be welcomed by many. it was not offerred a month ago on mediterranea.

You need to remember that neoRomantica is not anything like the rest of the Costa Crociere fleet, she is their first try at boutique cruising...and she is gaining popularity too.

There are a few things that set her apart from the rest of the fleet.

You need to remember that neoRomantica is not anything like the rest of the Costa Crociere fleet, she is their first try at boutique cruising...and she is gaining popularity too.

There are a few things that set her apart from the rest of the fleet.

i see that as a big problem. consistency is key to any successful business (think mc donald's - same the world over). if costa wants to do 'boutique', fine, but they should create a separate or sub-brand. this is only going to lead to frustrations and un-happy customers.

CostaSmurfette is right in that the neoRomantica is not like other Costa ships in many ways. This is the first time I've come across this too, but yes we could sit in the buffet area (with tables set up like the MDR) and order off the main menu.

i see that as a big problem. consistency is key to any successful business (think mc donald's - same the world over). if costa wants to do 'boutique', fine, but they should create a separate or sub-brand. this is only going to lead to frustrations and un-happy customers.

McDonalds does indeed spring to mind when I think of Costas Magica. I did four cruises this year, two of which were Costa. Had I done Magica first, I wouldnt have sailed Costa again. I had however sailed earlier in the year on NeoRomantica and it is indeed chalk and cheese. NeoR's pricing structure is different - no free kids n teens places unlike much of the fleet.

It is very clear on Costas website that this ship has its own unique features. Why is that such a bad thing?

We had another cruise booked on Pacifica this coming February, but after the Magica experience, cancelled it and re booked to return to NeoRomantica later in the year.

The dining on NeoRomantica was by far superior to that on Magica. In all areas. If the rest of the fleet is anything like Magica - we would never sail with Costa again. Fortunately as I say, we have experienced this wonderful boutique style ship which Costa offers - its a fantastic experience and on a par with Celebrity!

Choice is there, plain and simple.

Hi Blondie,

Can you tell me: when the buffet restaurant opens in the evening (with anytime waiter service) is it possible to choose to go there, even if you have an allocated table in the main dining room.

Just completed my check in and the it gives dining option as either giar...., or boccelli, so I am wondering if you have to select one or the other. Many thanks.

Hi andante

I hope you don't mind me answering instead of Blondie. We were on the neoR about two weeks ago.

Yes you can go to Giardino on any, or all of your nights even though you have an allocated table in Botticelli.

I actually can't remember whether we had to choose one or the other when completing our check in, but choose Botticelli and you'll get a table number and if you don't want to eat there then go to Giardino.

I'm assuming its the same on all cruises. We had no trouble getting a table at Giardino, but then again the ship was less than half full.

We chose to dine in Giardino only once on the night we were departing from Sydney, which is a beautiful harbour, so we had the lovely view and city lights as were were dining and departing.

Hope this helps.;)

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I haven`t been on Costa for several years. Now I think of taking a cruise on the NeoRomantica.

(Trans Arabia, March 11th).

Can you please tell me if there are free water/ coffee/ tea, machines, to use in the buffet restaurant Giardino, for Lunch , and Dinner? And,-are they open throughout the days, or only for the meals.

Additional I would like to ask, if anybody brought NON alcoholic drinks, like water or juice on the ship.

Thank you in advance

Dietmar

Hello Dietmar

As mentioned earlier, the neoR is quite different to other Costa ships. There are no tea/coffee/water dispensers (the only water dispenser is in the gym). When having breakfast in Giardino (self serve) you walk up to the wait staff and they make you what you want. A pot of coffee was always on the table (no milk though).

You can get free water with lunch or dinner, but no tea/coffee is available. You need to buy that at a bar. (you can buy a coffee package if you drink a lot; this provides you with a certain number of coffees and turns out cheaper than individual purchases)

Each cabin is provided with an espresso machine, but at 1.50euro per cup.

We didn't buy non alcoholic drinks. We bought a wine/water package. You can also purchase a non alcoholic drinks package.

Hope this has been of help.

Archived