assualt on Vision

Bloemerl

It was a great ten days on the Vision Dec 14-24. However, the Christmas spirit did not abound. My heart goes out to our new found friend and his service dog Freedom. He was viciously assaulted late at nite while getting a pizza in the Solarium. He was beaten because a man could not respect service dogs and felt Freedom should not be on board.

We were able to say goodby to our friend and Freedom as they were being transferred to an ambulance in port to go to the hospital in FLL to check for internal injuries. He has suspected broken ribs and possible internal injuries from repeated kicks to his side and back after he was knocked down in the initial attack

It is to RCL's credit that the perpetrator of this shameless attack was removed from the ship with his family in Dominica.

Sad to hear of this. I just cannot figure out what is wrong with some people these days. It sounds as if it was a very vicious assault and if it was I do hope some charges will be brought against the person who did this. The person who did this rightfully deserved to be booted from the ship and have to pay to get back to where ever they are from.

It is to RCL's credit that the perpetrator of this shameless attack was removed from the ship with his family in Dominica.

How awful. I'm sorry this perpetrator was only removed from the ship. He should have been detained on board (I do believe they have some type of cell) and arrested once they docked in Florida. This person needs to do time for this crime.

We were on that cruise also, and did not hear about this. Remember seeing a service dog and remarking about the unusual ears (if memory serves us correctly). It is a sad day when society is so judgmental that we have to prove a special exception beyond the initial requirements.

We also tried donate blood for the emergency, but sadly did not have the required blood donor card.

We had a great cruise and itinerary. In our opinion, the staff was exceptional and can't wait for the next one.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

There's got to be more to this story......did the bad guy beat up the human or the dog? It doesn't really specify. (or both) If he assaulted either one of them that they needed to be taken off the ship, that's some serious business right there ! If RCCL (only) kicked the bad guy off the ship, and that was the end of it, shame on them......that person needed to be investigated/arrested by the FBI......not just......get off the ship and have a nice day. That is outrageous.

Any idea if the passenger was elderly or why he had a service dog? I'm just curious if he even had a chance to defend himself. I sure hope fellow passengers jumped in and stopped the assault......this just irritates the heck out of me how somebody could do that......and if they did do what is described, they needed to be held accountable.

Where the heck was RC's security or even just a worker for RC? Why would this perpetrator get so far as to repeatedly kick someone on the ground? Normally there are passengers out and about late in the evening getting food or just wandering around, why didn't' they offer to help?

WOW...if this truly happened, it's a good thing myself and my husband (Marine) weren't in the line behind the bad guy. I certainly would have no qualms about stepping in to help and I'm only 5'1".

:mad:

Thanks for your comments. He was already an injured retired Navy Seal Veteran with physical and probably mental war issues, the reason for the service dog. so this seemed so hard to accept. We took care of the dog to go to his designated area to do his "thing" and it is the most docile Water Cocker Spaniel you could ever meet. It is hard to believe anybody would resent the dog being on a ship.

Right now our only concern is that his injuries are treated and he gets home to California OK.

Wow, that is really sad. :eek: I hate to think anyone would be so vicious when traveling so as to beat up someone just because they have a service dog. If someone has a problem with a disabled person, the answer is not beating them up. Ever. You have to be a pretty poor human being to beat up a disabled person.

While googling this story, I found where a 68 year old died on this same cruise ( Vision on 12/19) while on a ship sponsored snorkeling excursion in Dominica. How sad...it sounds numerous bad things happened. How sad for this man's family.

:(

It was a great ten days on the Vision Dec 14-24. However, the Christmas spirit did not abound. My heart goes out to our new found friend and his service dog Freedom. He was viciously assaulted late at nite while getting a pizza in the Solarium. He was beaten because a man could not respect service dogs and felt Freedom should not be on board.

We were able to say goodby to our friend and Freedom as they were being transferred to an ambulance in port to go to the hospital in FLL to check for internal injuries. He has suspected broken ribs and possible internal injuries from repeated kicks to his side and back after he was knocked down in the initial attack

The person who did attack should be banned from all cruises that RCL and Celebrity sail. The best would be if his name is also sent to the Carnival group as a heads up. Hope he learned his lesson and it was a very expensive one. Hopefully his family(DW) will have something to say to him.

He should also be sued for all costs including medical and the cost of the cruise itself.

How awful. I'm sorry this perpetrator was only removed from the ship. He should have been detained on board (I do believe they have some type of cell) and arrested once they docked in Florida. This person needs to do time for this crime.

This... hopefully he will not get away without punishment from some country's legal system.

The person who did attack should be banned from all cruises that RCL and Celebrity sail. The best would be if his name is also sent to the Carnival group as a heads up. Hope he learned his lesson and it was a very expensive one. Hopefully his family(DW) will have something to say to him.

He should also be sued for all costs including medical and the cost of the cruise itself.

I couldn't have said it any better!!! ITA!!!

There's got to be more to this story......did the bad guy beat up the human or the dog? It doesn't really specify. (or both) If he assaulted either one of them that they needed to be taken off the ship, that's some serious business right there ! If RCCL (only) kicked the bad guy off the ship, and that was the end of it, shame on them......that person needed to be investigated/arrested by the FBI......not just......get off the ship and have a nice day. That is outrageous.

Any idea if the passenger was elderly or why he had a service dog? I'm just curious if he even had a chance to defend himself. I sure hope fellow passengers jumped in and stopped the assault......this just irritates the heck out of me how somebody could do that......and if they did do what is described, they needed to be held accountable.

Unfortunately, this is what happens. Cruise lines do not want to deal with the legal aspects...

Archived