Medical Release on embarkation

diverward

There has been talk that the medical release you have to sign during the checking in process has now been discontinued. Is this a fact? And does it affect all ports? And if it is discontinued when did it happen? Thanks for your replies.

Assuming you are asking about the form you sign attesting that you have no gastrointestinal symptoms or fever at the time of boarding, it disappeared sometime after the first of this year. Had to sign on my Caribbean cruise in November, did not in Alaska in May. Definitely were reports here of its absence in the interim. (And as mentioned in the above response, the form never constituted a "release" from anything on the part of any party).

We sailed last March and there were no forms presented. I doubt anyone filled it out saying they had a medical problem as it would have either kept them from boarding or confined to their cabin. I have always had a good laugh over what I considered a worthless form.

Commonly referred to as the 'Liars Form'.

Do you have norovirus? yes/no

Really, who is going to say yes?

Discontinued.

Yep, "Liars Questionnaire."

If you did have any symptoms and told the truth, you probably wouldn't be getting on the ship, or you would be sent to the medical office on the ship to be examined. Really? The questionnaire IMHO was a license to lie and rightly so. BTW, before anyone gets excited about my comment, I've never been sick on any cruise nor have I been sick getting on a cruise. DH and I did get the cruise cough one cruise though.