Babies/Toddlers pool question

panzafit

I see that diapers, swimmers, pullups are not allowed in the regular pools. Can they be in the splash pool on Enchantment. I have one person bringing her 15 month old who plans to stay on the ship and I'm not sure how to tell her the baby can't go in the pool. I thought if she could go in the splash pool it might soften the blow.

As Enchantment is a Vision class ship, I don't believe they have upgraded the splash area to allow swim diapers. These splash areas must meet stringent design, construction, and operation requirements to allow swim diapers. To my knowledge the only RCI ships that have a splash area that allows swim diapers are the Oasis, Quantum, and Freedom classes, and some of the Radiance class ships (not sure which of the last).

The alternative is to bring a blow up tub, not a pool, that is about 18" x 30" (just enough for them to sit in), and either use it on the balcony (or in the shower for bath time), or in an out of the way spot on the pool deck. Fill with a bucket from the showers on the pool deck, and drain into a deck drain or the shower, not back into the pool.

As Enchantment is a Vision class ship, I don't believe they have upgraded the splash area to allow swim diapers. These splash areas must meet stringent design, construction, and operation requirements to allow swim diapers.

Agree

The Enchantment's splash area has no real boundry to keep children, if in swim diapers, from exiting and dipping their feet into the kids pool directly behind it. Hence why there's a rule for that. However parents will still let their small children in that area, I've never seen anyone enforce that rule or ask parents, Is your toddler potty trained. Not sure about any rules for bringing your own tub or small blow up pool.

Theres crew on the pool deck but please remember the Enchantment doesnt have lifeguards, so exercise caution when kids swim or babies splash of course.

... Theres crew on the pool deck but please remember the Enchantment doesnt have lifeguards, so exercise caution when kids swim or babies splash of course.

I thought Royal put lifeguards on all their ships now.:confused:

They definitely have life guards now. They also had attendants on oasis monitoring things including for kids in swim diapers going outside of the the very small swim diaper area (about an 8-10 foot circle). In The rest of the splash zone swim diapers are prohibited.

Lots of parents ignoring that rule (almost all didn’t speak English as a first language) and staff would only occasionally enforce it. It can also be hard to spot a swim diaper depending on the bathing suit and size if the child. We kept our daughter in the baby zone but it was hard because she wanted to explore more than 4 feet in any direction and follow the other kids whose parents weren’t following the rules.

The signage on the swim diaper rule is there but quite minimal and could easily be missed and perhaps more so by those that don’t speak English. Who knows. We looked for the rule.

Basically the baby area is pretty minimal and if very important to you then prepare to be disappointed.

Yikes! Ok, I will have to break the bad news to her then. We are going for my friends 40th birthday celebration (who is also the sister of the person coming with the 1 year old) so she "has" to come on the cruise to celebrate her sisters birthday and wasn't going to leave the 1 year old for a week with anyone, but also just wanted to hang out on the ship instead of going into port. Hopefully Royal can figure out a way to make the ships a little more "friendly family" in respects to babies in the future. At least her baby is only 1 so maybe can just sit on the side with her and dip toes in to keep her satisfied. I couldn't image having a 2/3 year old and having to tell them they can't go in the pool. Thanks everyone for the responses!!

I see that diapers, swimmers, pullups are not allowed in the regular pools. Can they be in the splash pool on Enchantment. I have one person bringing her 15 month old who plans to stay on the ship and I'm not sure how to tell her the baby can't go in the pool. I thought if she could go in the splash pool it might soften the blow.

I Just Took A Small Blow Up Toddler Tub And set It Next To My Lounge Chair after Filling From The Outdoir Pool Shower And Then I Also Dumped It In That Drain When Finished. Also It Is Great in the shower To Give The baby A Bath Or Outside On your Balcony as well

Well, given that Disney and RCI are the only two lines to have these splash areas (Disney all, RCI some), that makes them more kid friendly than all the other lines, in this regard.

This is true. But land based resorts maybe be better for parents wanting pool time with their babies. It is near torture trying to keep a 2 year old wearing a swim diaper in a 4-6 foot area. I know why they have the rules in place but it still is pretty poor in comparison to land based options. You can’t have everything on a moving vessel.

This is true. But land based resorts maybe be better for parents wanting pool time with their babies. It is near torture trying to keep a 2 year old wearing a swim diaper in a 4-6 foot area. I know why they have the rules in place but it still is pretty poor in comparison to land based options. You can’t have everything on a moving vessel.

More than being on a moving vessel, it is that the USPH regulations are stricter than local health codes. The CDC did a study of a few hundred public pools, and the majority of them would have been shut down if they had been under the USPH/CDC mandate, and swim diaper pools were about 80% non-compliant.

Yikes! Ok, I will have to break the bad news to her then. We are going for my friends 40th birthday celebration (who is also the sister of the person coming with the 1 year old) so she "has" to come on the cruise to celebrate her sisters birthday and wasn't going to leave the 1 year old for a week with anyone, but also just wanted to hang out on the ship instead of going into port. Hopefully Royal can figure out a way to make the ships a little more "friendly family" in respects to babies in the future. At least her baby is only 1 so maybe can just sit on the side with her and dip toes in to keep her satisfied. I couldn't image having a 2/3 year old and having to tell them they can't go in the pool. Thanks everyone for the responses!!

We started cruising with our son right around age 2 and while he was doing pretty good, he still occasionally had accidents. We didn't use a traditional swim diaper, we found these on Amazon and they are AMAZING and very effective. They look nothing like a swim diaper. You should have your friend purchase a few of them (just in case) and encourage good bathroom habits (go before you get in, make sure they clean and wash properly, etc....).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01076JRQE/

Enjoy your cruise!

We started cruising with our son right around age 2 and while he was doing pretty good, he still occasionally had accidents. We didn't use a traditional swim diaper, we found these on Amazon and they are AMAZING and very effective. They look nothing like a swim diaper. You should have your friend purchase a few of them (just in case) and encourage good bathroom habits (go before you get in, make sure they clean and wash properly, etc....).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01076JRQE/

Enjoy your cruise!

Still would not be allowed unless in baby splash zone. OP is sailing on n a ship with no baby pool.

This. It was basically torture when we took our youngest on Oasis and he had to stay in that tiny area. They don't understand it, nothing to play with, etc. To give Royal credit, they fixed this on Harmony, which has a very large swim diaper friendly area with slides and everything.

The one closest to camera is for children still in swim diapers.

20171007_110452.jpg

20171007_110445.jpg

There was a lifeguard at the baby pool on Anthem in November. Must be a somewhat boring job. I think there was a separate one for the kids area.

Yes, there is supposed to be a crew member assigned strictly to the swim diaper splash area.

No, she cannot sit on the side and “dip her toes in”. She can bring a small tub (such as the Duck sold at Target) and put it next to her chair. Royal is very family friendly. Other than Disney it is the only line that has splash zones for the diapered set but only has them on the newer ships. If a toddler in diapers doesn’t see the pool, how can it be upset that it can’t go in?

RCCL is a family friendly cruise line. You just need to do your homework and pick the one that works for you. In any case, as a mom of 4 having a one year old see the pool and dip toes in would be like giving someone a piece of chocolate cake but not letting them put it in their mouth lol. Don't do this : )

Currently potty training my 2 year old for our June cruise on Harmony. His brother and sister will be 6 and 5 and he tries so hard to keep up! He made me laugh so hard this week. I told him we had to go in the potty so we can swim on the cruise. And his response was “I not swimmin’ in the potty”. Haha Went right over his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums