Deluxe Balcony Breakfast

terrysko2000

Has anyone booked the deluxe balcony breakfast? I might be interested. What kind of food is served? It comes with a coffee card and two princess mugs. I plan on purchasing a coffee card so thought this might be fun! What do you think?

You appear to be looking at the Breakfast Lovers Package under 'Celebration Packages' for $89.00.

The Deluxe Balcony Breakfast can also be purchased on its own for $45.00 which includes a half bottle of sparkling wine. In your Personalizer you can order it under 'Culinary Delights'. But there will be a hangtag in your cabin that you can use to purchase it any morning on board; just hang the order from outside your door the night before.

Since you were already planning on buying the coffee card, if you want to get the Balcony Breakfast you can buy the package as long as the two coffee mugs are worth the $8.35 difference to you.

I have not tried it but all reports are that while the menu is not very customizable, it is a ton of food with something for everyone. Not to be ordered if you have an early tour that day as you will likely need a nap afterward.

You appear to be looking at the Breakfast Lovers Package under 'Celebration Packages' for $89.00.

The Deluxe Balcony Breakfast can also be purchased on its own for $45.00 which includes a half bottle of sparkling wine. In your Personalizer you can order it under 'Culinary Delights'. But there will be a hangtag in your cabin that you can use to purchase it any morning on board; just hang the order from outside your door the night before.

Since you were already planning on buying the coffee card, if you want to get the Balcony Breakfast you can buy the package as long as the two coffee mugs are worth the $8.35 difference to you.

I have not tried it but all reports are that while the menu is not very customizable, it is a ton of food with something for everyone. Not to be ordered if you have an early tour that day as you will likely need a nap afterward.

We did it on the Regal Princess last December. We had a nice sunny morning to enjoy it. It came with a salmon roll, bacon, a little quiche, a noodle salad, a whole plate full of pastries, assorted berries and cantaloupe, champagne, tea and coffee and orange juice. I'm a vegetarian so in place of the salmon and bacon I got a veggie omelet.IMG_20180428_200400_042_1525612091669.thumb.jpg.6de853a1bb28765fa334a8be5f88faaf.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Forums mobile app

IMG_20180428_200400_040_1525611943689.thumb.jpg.bda836b4fc8eed7ca8470635eacc2790.jpg

IMG_20180428_200400_041_1525611968470.thumb.jpg.7925de9b8cafaa41203765549afbc332.jpg

As has been said, it is A LOT of food. It will take both the small table on the balcony, the table from inside the room, and then some to hold everything. If you have a standard balcony (anything less than a mini-suite) and the weather outside is inclement, you better have a neat room with nothing on the desk or you will be having breakfast ON THE BED. That was how we enjoyed our last one. :p

• Like 1

Thank you for the photos, very helpful! We are on the Royal this summer and daughter booked Ultimate Balcony Dinner for a special treat for her family ( they have two connecting cabins ). With the smaller balconies on this ship I wondered how the table setup would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the photos, very helpful! We are on the Royal this summer and daughter booked Ultimate Balcony Dinner for a special treat for her family ( they have two connecting cabins ). With the smaller balconies on this ship I wondered how the table setup would work.

The balcony breakfast we had a couple of years ago looked NOTHING like the photos that Bollycats posted.

We got a small bottle of wine (drain cleaner), the quiche, some salmon, some fruit (not artfully arranged), some pastries, oj, coffee, tea. We've never done it again, because we were disappointed.

sunsetbeachgal: the opening between the balconies is small. You'll have to decide which balcony to put the food on or split it between them.

Times change and things that were are no longer. We have always had the breakfast on the balcony and it is beautifully set up and has always been delicious. The staff is easy to work with if changes in the menu are planned. My favorite is the decorative fruit platter that reminds me of an exotic flower. It is a nice way to spend a morning while on a cruise day, or even in port. We have had this during our time in Mazatlan since we have been there so often and have no plans to leave the ship.

Just had it in March on the Ruby and looked very similar to pictures here. A lot of food! We did it in Ensenada as we weren't planning on getting off the ship that day. It was a lovely start to the dreaded packing last day and we kept the bubbly for packing to lighten the afternoon.

We have done it many times, and enjoy it thoroughly...just a couple of hints, clean off the tops of both your dressing table and above the fridge, so there will be space for the trays to be put, there will be three or four, as you finish your plates, you can condense the trays down. If you have any "take out" containers at home, take at least two, one for cold food and one for the pastries. Not a large one for the fridge, because it won't fit, but consider what you won't eat right away. We keep the orange juice covered so we can enjoy a mimosa later in the day. We need a new coffee card this time, and are also taking advantage of the new "celebrations" package. A "free" coffee cup is a nice souvenir to take home. After you finish your "leftovers" you can discard the container if you want.

We LOVE it! They keep bringing covered plates into the room that look like enough for 4 or more people. The one time was in a regular balcony room and it was difficult. Much easier in a mini which we have done many times. You won't be disappointed.

We had it once in an ocean view cabin. There's a lot of food on several different trays. We managed. That time it was a gift from a friend to celebrate our wedding. (She envisioned that they'd find a spare balcony for us to use for it.)

Another time we received it for a complaint on a previous cruise. And the third time, it came as part of an upsell to a suite. That was the best one because we had plenty of room.

We never eat all of the food at breakfast. We save the pastries and some of the fruit to eat later.

• 1 month later...

Just had it this morning (on the Royal Princess) and was very disappointed. Would be nice if they give some instruction ahead of time as to how much space they’ll need. Instead they just stacked tray upon tray until we were eating on a tower. We had nowhere to put plates (just so we could eat) but on the ground. Had to eat in order of plates, as there was no space to open more than one plate (per person) at a time. No coffee card or mugs included. Would have been a far better experience to have just ordered regular breakfast room service or gone to the dining room.

Edited by london_girl
Added ship

I have a balcony breakfast that came as a nice little bonus with our room booking. We are traveling as a group of 3 though and the breakfast is for 2. Based on the posts here, it sounds like plenty of food for 3 people though.

Do you think that Princess will be happy to let three of us share?

I doubt Princess will care. Yes I think you will have plenty of food to go around, but room for the three of you depends on your cabin/balcony.

We had a breakfast, courtesy of our daughter, and it turned out to be a rainy day so we had to bring the small table from the balcony into the cabin to hold some of the food. We ended up with breakfast on the bed :)

• 2 weeks later...
We did it on the Regal Princess last December. We had a nice sunny morning to enjoy it. It came with a salmon roll, bacon, a little quiche, a noodle salad, a whole plate full of pastries, assorted berries and cantaloupe, champagne, tea and coffee and orange juice. I'm a vegetarian so in place of the salmon and bacon I got a veggie omelet.[ATTACH]420799[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420800[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420801[/ATTACH]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Forums mobile app

Very Nice! We're getting this as a part of the Promotion for the 11/25th sailing of the Caribbean Princess. Love the photos!

• 1 month later...
just found this thread since my upsell includes the UBB. it will be cold end of october so this will be inside the suite. loved seeing the pics and descriptions of the food.seems like done best on a sea day or the last day of the cruise.

you might want to do this the last sea day....

by the last day of the cruise , do you mean the day you get off the ship??

you might want to do this the last sea day....

by the last day of the cruise , do you mean the day you get off the ship??

yes the day i get off the ship

noted. best for last sea day then. of course sabatinis may be so good i dont wanna do the in room bfast. :) have to see.

yes the day i get off the ship

noted. best for last sea day then. of course sabatinis may be so good i dont wanna do the in room bfast. :) have to see.

Sabatini's will be amazing....since it is a perk with your upsell.....you could just tell them to bring you the 1/2 bottle of champagne to drink in the room...and go to Sabatini's every day for breakfast.