More beer options on Princess!

dides

I don't know where that thread went that bemoaned the lack of craft beers on Princess but there is a new press release today saying that new cocktails, spirits, wines and 17 new international and craft beers will be rolled out on a revised beverage menu fleet wide in the new few months. That sounds really promising!

Sandra

• Like 1

I don't know where that thread went that bemoaned the lack of craft beers on Princess but there is a new press release today saying that new cocktails, spirits, wines and 17 new international and craft beers will be rolled out on a revised beverage menu fleet wide in the new few months. That sounds really promising!

Sandra

Just seen this on Facebook. Hurrah! Cannot wait to see what they are.

As long as they're not all IPAs!

Ha! My other half would agree with you on that -he's been working his way through 1001 Beers: You Must Try Before You Die and the amount of IPAs he sips (to try) and then empties into the sink! He's on around 550 though.

That's why I'm only saying it's "promising" news until we get the first reports back :)

Sandra

Edited by dides

Exotic Regional cocktails, Also 39 wines by the glass !

Wonder what this means, 'The new cocktails will be available on six different menus throughout each ship. '

Edited by Tedferg

Here’s a link to the Princess press release about their updated drink options. I am also interested in how their wine menu will change.

Princess Cruises Unveils New Beverage Menus Featuring Globally Inspired Cocktails”

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2362817

”In addition to the new cocktails, the line has added 20 new high-end and exotic spirits, 39 new wines by the glass, and 17 new international and craft beers to the new menu.

The new beverage menu offerings will be available aboard all ships in fall 2018.

In addition to adding the new wines by the glass, Princess Cruises worked with Doug Frost, one of only four people in the world to hold both the prestigious ranks of Master Sommelier and Master of Wine to refresh the wine menus onboard. More specific details will be shortly announced”.

and the price of the PBP just increased again...:(

will be interested in seeing the price point of the new additions...:cool:

I am still seeing the same price as before on the PBP - $59.99 per day plus gratuity It was slightly less last year but only but not a whole lot less. Have you heard about more changes coming ?.

Once implemented, it’ll be interesting to learn if prices will also increase.

My RCI experience has been that I had to get a wine package to reduce their higher prices to the Princess non-package prices. I’ve read that prices for alcoholic drinks on Celebrity are more expensive than on Princess.

Last year’s wine list changes came with increased prices so it wouldn’t surprise me if their enhanced beverage menus had a higher price. The PBP increased the maximum price to $12 which might be more common with their new enhanced drink options.

I had a lovely Belgian Beer every night in the MDR on our Caribbean Princess Circle Caribbean cruise in March. 10%ABV. $11 plus gratuity per 330ml bottle :o Worth every penny though. I expect some of the new offerings will be priced similarly.

Just a thought, maybe Princess could do Beer Tasting, like they do with the wine. If they get a lot of new beers.

Yes, and some Beer Flights would be good!

Sandra

They have whiskey flights which aren’t of interest to me but would enjoy a beer flight or tasting. :beer-mug:

What is a Beer Flight?

A 'flight' is a sample of several beers, in smaller glasses. Often Brew Pubs will sell samples of four or so beers, usually on a wooden paddle with recesses to accommodate a small glass. This makes it easier to carry. Not sure but I think Vines might do Wine Flights - samples of several Chardonnay for example.

The new cocktails will be priced so that they are not included in the beverage package. That’s how it was when they came out with the new cocktails tied to Norman Love chocolates. The priced them above it so if you wanted one, you had to pay for the entire cocktail. IIRC, they were $14 or so.

I’m thrilled to hear about the new beers they will finally be carrying, it’s about time!!

I just want to point out that someone recently posted saying Princess should add at least one craft beer to the menu, and he was chastised by people telling him to accept the current options and stop thinking himself so important that Princess would care what he wanted. It appears he deleted the entire thread. But I guess what the customer wants does matter, so here's to that guy! 🍻