Room preference - Rear Corner Aft or mini suite - Crown Princess

dingopups

It depends on the ship. If I were on a Royal class build, and I wanted balcony space, I would stick with the balcony. The mini balcony’s on the Royal class ships are small.

If it is a Grand class ship, I might go with the mini. I like the extra space.

Can anyone tell me what is better option on these two rooms Rear Corner Aft or mini suite. We are currently booked in C753 rear corner aft room but notices that mini suites are actually cheaper. Any pros and cons to either?

I think it depends on the destination and # of sea days.We have had both C752 and C753 on grand class ships, on numerous occasions and are booked in C753 on Crown for the crossing on 11/3.I did notice that some of the minis were being priced at the same rate as the premium balcony, but with so many sea days and the possibility of weather issues,we will stick with the private,windless balcony on the stern.

We have only sailed in an aft-facing balcony once. C752 on Grand Princess. We turned down a cheap upsell to a mini as I had specifically booked the aft-facing balcony and wanted to try it out. It has been - without the slightest doubt - my wife's favorite cabin to date. She absolutely loved the wake view. (Actually we both loved the view and the cabin. :))

We've actually only had a mini one time and it was all the way forward on Caribe deck. It was a "window mini" which is as large as a regular mini including balcony space but only has a window instead of a balcony. It made for a roomy cabin.

The aft-facing balconies are great if you like them but we sailed 28 days on Emerald Princess last year and the couple who had C752 said, "Never again!" She hated the vibration which didn't bother us at all. They had booked the cabin based on raves here on CC but found it just wasn't for them after all. I guess the aft-facing cabins are like Scotch whiskey. Either you love it or you hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in between. ;p

We had a mini on the Crown last December and we loved it. The extra space is great for hanging with friends before heading to a pre-dinner lounge or in the mornings for sitting on a cozy couch and having a mimosa! I've never done a rear balcony so I can't really compare the two.

Can anyone tell me what is better option on these two rooms Rear Corner Aft or mini suite. We are currently booked in C753 rear corner aft room but notices that mini suites are actually cheaper. Any pros and cons to either?

UPDATE

Princess Cruise

Ship - Crown Princess

10 Day Southern Caribbean

Room Currently Booked - C753

Room Considering - Mini Suite

We prefer to spend time on our own deck, we were thinking of the suite because of additional space for a 10 day cruise.

Great cabin...........IMO

Keep it!!!! Mark it "NO UPGRADE"!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Just my two cents: we have experienced both types. Did the Regal mini on Caribe deck and more recently, C752 on the Crown in the Med a few months ago. We were anticipating some vibration but other than turning, there was minimal to none. Like Thrak and Mrs Thrak �� we thoroughly enjoyed the aft balcony. It was a hike from the elevators but SO worth it!

There is slightly more space in a mini (loveseat rather than chair), two TVs, tub. Everyone has their own preferences.

The aft balcony is larger and very private. I wouldn’t change your cabin!

Personally, I am underwhelmed by a minisuite. Yes there's bit more room and the bathroom is bigger, and there's 2 TVs ….. but, the tub/shower combo in the mini can be inconvenient because the outside wall of the tub is higher than one would find at home, so can be difficult getting in and out, especially if there's a lot of ocean motion. IMO, 2 TVs is no biggie, as they are, in reality, in the same room, so if each person is watching a different program, it could be difficult because of the audio, unless one wants to watch without sound.

We rarely spent time sitting in the seating area of the mini, so don't really see any big advantage there.

I'd definitely stay with the Caribe deck corner aft balcony cabin!

The aft balcony is my very favorite. We sailed Barcelona to Rome in June and the night we sailed from Genoa , with the city scape from our balcony , we enjoyed the ultimate balcony dinner. I would book this almost every time and have two future cruises booked with aft balcony. The balcony size makes up for the extra space in a mini...…...and we spend many hours on our balcony.

I think it depends on the destination and # of sea days.We have had both C752 and C753 on grand class ships, on numerous occasions and are booked in C753 on Crown for the crossing on 11/3.I did notice that some of the minis were being priced at the same rate as the premium balcony, but with so many sea days and the possibility of weather issues,we will stick with the private,windless balcony on the stern.

John,

We're neighbors. We're in C750 on November 3. We're actually on the b2b but will be slumming it elsewhere prior to Rome, when we get our suite. Hi! Hope to see you onboard.

We're Ellen and Pete from Shippensburg, PA. We're also travel bloggers, twotogo.net, and this is our 40th anniversary cruise.

Ellen

I had E730 on the Crown, the very last covered mini with the huge balcony. Loved the balcony, did not hear any noise from Club Fusion, but there is a definite vibration from the thrusters, especially when docked. However, that would not keep me from booking that mini again, loved it.