Hotels in Barcelona, Spain

4x4bob

We are planning a cruise towards the end of 2019 that starts in Barcelona. We plan to fly in at least two days early to avoid any chance of missing the ship and to get over the jet lag.

Has anyone stayed at any of the Princess Cruises sponsored Hotels? If so was was your experience.

Were they centrally located or way out side of the city?

What restaurants where close by the hotel?

Thanks

Bob

Our first trip to Barcelona in 2011, 90 from our Roll Call, stayed at the Barcelona Universal. it was about a 12 minute walk to Las Ramblas. I am not sure which Hotels are mentioned by Princess. From the airport to our Hotel was roughly 20-30 minutes and the Hotel from the cruise terminal maybe 6 minutes. We really enjoyed the lounge at the Hotel and the food. We did eat down on Las Ramblas at the Pizza Restaurant also just off Las Ramblas ( Placa Real ), where the Walking Tours start.

https://www.visitacity.com/en/barcelona/attractions/placa-reial?campaginid=142095565&adgroupid=6435908790&targetid=kwd-142127499652:loc-190&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Spain%20Auto%20Attractions%20G3%20Exact&utm_term=placa%20reial%20barcelona&utm_content=Barcelona%20G3%20-%20Placa%20Reial%20Barcelona

[several months ago we researched where to stay in Barcelona for our upcoming trip in October. We booked the Barcelona Universal and I was amazed to see you have stayed there in the past. How was it overall. From what you wrote it sounds wonderful.

Thanks

A couple to add to your list.

I stayed at hotel Andante in 2016 and was very pleased. On the more modern side. It is about 2 blocks off La Rambla and close to the Columbus statue.

https://www.andantehotel.com/en

Upcoming cruise I am staying at the Hotel Gaudi with group of cruise friends. It looks very good to me.

https://www.hotelgaudibarcelona.com/

Ten of us, five couples, stayed at Hotel Jazz in 2015. All of us were extremely pleased with the property due to its central location to Ramblas and metro stops, good restaurants and attractions.

This year we will be staying at Hotel Colon near Ramblas. The Hotel is in a charming plaza in the Gothic section near the cathedral that was erected in 1300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been in and out of Barcelona a number of times. Each time we have stayed in another part of the city. We tried the Hilton (in the business area and the convention center), the Hotel Arts a Ritz Carlton and Marriott. Last time was a year ago, we booked a Crown Plaza, then switched to the Hilton at the convention center. I don't like to stay down near Le Rambles... prefer something off the main tourist area. Google is your friend, we always book early and direct... shop around for a quality reasonably priced hotel. If you don't prepay you can always switch if you find a better deal. Barcelona is a great city. Enjoy... easy to get around, taxi are cheap.

We loved the Hotel, originally many were down on Las Ramblas until one of our ladies put the link up to the Universal. We also used for shuttel service to Hotel & cruise terminal, Autos Vilar. http://autosvilar.com/en/

For couples, a taxi would be sufficient, yet we had around 6 of us from the airport going to the Universal. They came with a bus and two vans to take the almost 50 of us to the Cruise terminal. i think we paid each around 10 euros

I love Barcelona! I would highly recommend coming in more than 2 days in advance to get to know that wonderful city! I agree that I prefer staying off Las Ramblas which is the tourist area . To me it is like staying at Times Square in NYC another spot where I wouldn't stay.

I really like being just north of Placa Catalunya on Rambla Catalunya. BTW a "rambla" is just a pedestrian street without cars.

There are tons of lovely hotels from which to choose and not just USA chain hotels. The last time I was there I was in an inexpensive one called Hotel Onix Rambla but there are others nearby that are more elegant if that is what you prefer.

There is an express bus from the airport that goes to Placa Catalunya nearby. I suppose most cruisers have too much luggage to walk the few blocks to a hotel from there but I found it quite easy to do.

Wherever you stay try to get to know the city a bit as I think it is wonderful!!

Look at The Serras. It was #1 on Trip Advisor when I booked it. Location is great, 5 min walk to Las Ramblas. 10 minute walk to the marina and beach. Tons of great shopping and restraunts. Service is impeccable. Check in is done at a nice table, seated in a comfy chair with a complimentary glass of cava. The beds are to die for, supposedly the same one that Queen Elizabeth has. Gorgeous rooftop pool and bar! Complimentary bottle of chilled cava and a snack when we arrived in our room. They arranged for a car service to pick us up from the airport, NOT complimentary but still fabulous. The driver called the hotel to tell them when to expect us and when we pulled up a hotel employee was waiting for us at the front door ready to check us in, along with a bell man to take our luggage, and yet another person with a tray of glasses of cava! As you can tell, I highly recommend the Serras.

We stayed at Barcelona Universal in September of 2013 before a cruise. We really enjoyed the hotel and their breakfast buffet. Walking distance to Las Ramblas and onto the HOHO bus was convenient. We did 3 days before the cruise and managed to see quite a bit of the city. Enjoy!

Any of the H10 hotels are good. We recently stayed at the H10 Montcada which is on the edge of the Gothic quarter and about 10 minutes to La Ramblas. Very central to most things including the waterfront and a great rooftop bar. Barcelona is flat so you can walk to most things if you have reasonable health. I would also recommend a half day tour to Montserrat Monastery.

To me, pink and smallish rooms aren't a concern. I do like the fact there is food available all the time so one doesn't have to be looking for place to have a snack or lunch. Both Continental hotels are a convenient spot for sight seeing, getting around Barcelona at a reasonable price.

To me, pink and smallish rooms aren't a concern. I do like the fact there is food available all the time so one doesn't have to be looking for place to have a snack or lunch. Both Continental hotels are a convenient spot for sight seeing, getting around Barcelona at a reasonable price.

We stayed at Continental 3 years ago. The location can't be beat since it's right on Las Ramblas. The hotel is nothing fancy but it's clean. We don't spend much time in our room. If you book early enough, you might be able to get a balcony overlooking L.R. Saved a lot of money on food, by just eating off the buffet. We rode the HoHo bus all over Barcelona. They have 3 different lines, so we went from one to the other. And yes, it is still pink but I thought it was kind of pretty.

We stayed at the Continental location in Las Ramblas in 2014. The location is great but I wouldn’t recommend it. It was not the very small pink rooms that was the main issue. The bathtub was elevated off the floor and it was probably somewhere between 25” to 30” high. Not good if you are at all physically challenged.

The hotel occupies the 5th and 6th floors of the building with two other hotels on floors 3 and4. The elevator was small and after we had checked out and were going down with our luggage in the elevator it stopped between floors. The emergency phone didn’t work and we waited at least 10 minutes until someone walking down the encircling stairway heard us and contacted the hotel management.

We found the buffet marginal at best and the white wine barely drinkable although the beer was refreshing. We went over to the market area for breakfast, had one lunch on a tour and dinners on a wonderful walking tour with the Barcelona Taste and a very good buffet at a flamenco show.

A couple to add to your list.

I stayed at hotel Andante in 2016 and was very pleased. On the more modern side. It is about 2 blocks off La Rambla and close to the Columbus statue.

https://www.andantehotel.com/en

Upcoming cruise I am staying at the Hotel Gaudi with group of cruise friends. It looks very good to me.

https://www.hotelgaudibarcelona.com/

I'm thinking it looks great too! Can't wait, Holly!

We are planning a cruise towards the end of 2019 that starts in Barcelona. We plan to fly in at least two days early to avoid any chance of missing the ship and to get over the jet lag.

Has anyone stayed at any of the Princess Cruises sponsored Hotels? If so was was your experience.

Were they centrally located or way out side of the city?

What restaurants where close by the hotel?

Thanks

Bob

To specially answer your question, I stayed at the Gallery Hotel thru a Princess pre-package in Barcelona. I know that many don’t use the packages but as a solo female traveler, I felt more comfortable doing this in Barcelona.

The location was just a block from a main shopping street (Passiag de Garcia) that had stops for each of the hop on/hop off busses-one tour in front of a Starbucks and the other across the street in front of the Stella McCartney & Michael Kors stores.

Also, a Metro stop was within a block the other way. There was a bakery next door that served sandwiches into the evening and a few sit-down restaurants with the same block.

The included breakfast from the hotel was very good. Rooms were very nice and the bathroom was very modern. The only “old” thing was the old-fashioned room key that was left front desk at this boutique hotel.

I would definitely seriously consider staying there again in Barelona