Beer Quoits on Pacific Star?

Rallo

Hi all, just wondering if any recent cruisers on the Star can advise me if they still play beer quoits onboard? I thought with the crackdown on excessive drinking etc they may have canned this game which has cans of beer as prizes. Just wondering if I need to hone my skills or not, ha ha!!:D

Do you know what quoits is/are? It is the game that you throw the rope rings onto an upright stick a few metres away.

On the ship, usually around 4-5pm, you line up and get a chance to throw two quoits. If you are sucessful you get a can of beer and sometimes they have the rule that if you get both quoits on then you get three cans. This goes on until they have given away a case of beer. You can have your turn and run back to the end of the line for another go.

Our American cruise didn't have it for beer :( they seemed to be a bit classier than us drunken yobbos. :D

Oooooooh okay, thanks for enlightening me.

I cant say I have ever participated in one.

It would be far more entertaining to watch people try and throw the rope onto the stick AFTER having a few beers. ;) :p

Lol....

Sounds like fun! :D

Oooooooh okay, thanks for enlightening me.

I cant say I have ever participated in one.

It would be far more entertaining to watch people try and throw the rope onto the stick AFTER having a few beers. ;) :p

Lol....

Sounds like fun! :D

That's what I did but next time I'm going to have a go myself.

Karen

On the ship, usually around 4-5pm, you line up and get a chance to throw two quoits. If you are sucessful you get a can of beer and sometimes they have the rule that if you get both quoits on then you get three cans. This goes on until they have given away a case of beer. You can have your turn and run back to the end of the line for another go.

Sounds like fun!!:)

Archived