Booked on N723 YAY!!

zoomzoom83

Well i am new to the forums here, but i have been reading up for a couple of weeks now and well to tell you the truth i am really looking forward to the cruise. i am so excited, i have been looking at all the wonderful pics of others cruises and the ship and it looks fantastic.

I received my booking confirmation in the mail today. i am booked on the N723 the 11 night cruise upon the Pacific Sun leaving the 23 July 2007. i originally wanted the one in september but all the specials for that cruise was gone. The price went up $400 for the cheapest cabins on the September one, so i went for the July one instead. We have a cabin on the Empress deck E104 inside room right near the lifts. I am happy with the cabin. close enough to the lifts so when i stumble back to the cabin in the early hours of the morning, i dont have far to walk..lol.. It is a twin share cabin with a queen bed. The cost was $1812 per person. The was only $80 more then the cheapest cabin on the ship, so i am happy to pay $80 to move up 4 levels.

The cruise stops at Luganville, Wala, Vila, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines.

Just a few questions

What are the recommended shore tours? There are so many to choose from. We are looking at some sort of cultural tours on a couple of the islands, as well as snorkelling once, if the weather is good for it.

How much should i put on the cruise card?

We have booked in the first dining session at 6pm. What time should we get back to the boat from the shore tours? and what about after dinner shows, what time do they start?

What are the best lounges/bars on the ship?

I will probably come up with more questions later on, but that is all i can think of for now.

Luganville and Vila will the the only 2 ports that you berth a a wharf and have organised shore tours. I liked the blue hole tour in Luganville but I don't think it is offered anymore. Isle of Pines has fantastic snorkelling about 5 mins walk from the spot you get off the tender boat. I think Wala and Mystery Island have good snorkeling too but I don't know because it poured rain when we were then.

If you have a credit card / visa debit card then you don't "put" money on anymore, just link it at when you board and it runs up a bill like for example staying at a hotel, which is automatically finalised at the end of the cruise. If you only have cash look through some old threads of how much people have spent

We have booked in the first dining session at 6pm. What time should we get back to the boat from the shore tours? and what about after dinner shows, what time do they start?

All people must be aboard about 1 hour before the boat leaves so shore tours are back in time for that. Boat usually leaves 6pm at the latest sometimes earlier. So you will make it back for first dinner. The first seating show starts at 7.30pm

Speakeasy lounge is nice for a quiet pre dinner drink. Can't say I really hung out in any after shows. Terraces was probably the best.

HI zoomzoom83. Welcome to the cruise family. Ask as many questions as you like. Someone will answer. Also read some of the previous reviews. You will pick up so much. What state are you from? We booked mid Jan this year and only have about 18 weks to go. Since I found this site I have been on it all the time. I have found out soooo much. This is DH and my first cruise. Suexxx:)

HI zoomzoom83. Welcome to the cruise family. Ask as many questions as you like. Someone will answer. Also read some of the previous reviews. You will pick up so much. What state are you from? We booked mid Jan this year and only have about 18 weks to go. Since I found this site I have been on it all the time. I have found out soooo much. This is DH and my first cruise. Suexxx:)

I am from Adelaide. yeah i have been reading the reviews. sounds like i need to lose some weight before i leave because with all that food onboard i am going to put alot of weight. but on the shore tours, i would like to try some of the local food. what do people recommend i should try and what should i stay away from?

Also, i have read that some people tipped their stewardess and waiters at the start of the cruise and they were treated like royalty. do you think i should tip at the start like $50 and if they are good another tip at the end or just wait till the end of the cruise?

i am checking out this site all the time watching what people are talking about and taking all the advice on board.

• 2 weeks later...
. sounds like i need to lose some weight before i leave because with all that food onboard i am going to put alot of weight. .

I'd say, you'll come home feeling more healthy than before you went. With the regular meals, stairs upon stairs upon more stairs, island walks, island shopping, and most of all you may come home with buns of steel from walking from side to side with the sway of the sea! haha

Have a blast!

Archived