New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

On the Oasis right now, and there is what appears to be a new menu. I asked them about it and they said it’s just presented different. However, another server said that it could be all completely different the next day. Seems odd. 1361322cb57ca35ad6c2af841d4a5744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have the everyday choices (grilled chicken, fish of the day and such) gone away?

Looks all mixed in now, maybe one or two less choices. Moved everything to 3 course setup to push people to ordering a "starter" and not soup/salad/app. Do like that it has dessert there though so you can sort of set up the whole meal. Don't see port of call or chef specialties.

Anyone miss the days of intermezzo?

We think the new "menu" it terrible. How do you know if you'll be able to have a dessert?

When they come for our order we do not order the desert. We ask to see the menu again and then we order.

I've tried to think of a logical reason for them to do it this way. But I really can't. It won't save them a trip to the kitchen, because if I order a dish with ice cream and they brought it from the kitchen the same time as our entree They would be serving me warm vanilla soup by the time I finish the entree.

Seems like a few less options, so that sucks...

As for seeing the whole meal, I actually like seeing dessert with the rest of the menu b/c sometimes I might want a dessert as an app or an app as a dessert, and now it will be a much easier order. Also, sometimes I like to know if I'm gonna love the dessert or hate it (b/c that might dictate my earlier order)...

Seems like a few less options, so that sucks...

As for seeing the whole meal, I actually like seeing dessert with the rest of the menu b/c sometimes I might want a dessert as an app or an app as a dessert, and now it will be a much easier order. Also, sometimes I like to know if I'm gonna love the dessert or hate it (b/c that might dictate my earlier order)...

Ditto. I hate it when I place my order thinking I'll save room for dessert, and then don't like anything on the dessert menu!

Been heading that way for yrs. 20-30 yrs ago was bread/drinks, appetizer, soup, main course, dessert. Took about 2 hrs start to finish. Would sit down for late sitting at 8:30 and had trouble some nites hacking it to start of show at 10:30. Last nite was main dining and I was in/out in 30 min, though I was only person at my table...

Putting the dessert on the menu at the beginning should speed things up. Our last few cruises, the service has been very spotty -- sometimes it takes 2+ hours, other times 1.5 hours. Also very inconsistent assistant waiter service. To me it all points to less staff, fewer options, and moving it along.

mac_tlc

Looks like 3 rotating apps with most of the old classic ones...

Mains look to rotate the most, with 2 classics rotating a night with 6 other choices...as long as there is always a steak or salmon option, my family will be good:)...

Dessert seems to have 2 (or 3) rotating options and a lot of classics...