Tahiti Air + Hotel package

nkcbkc

It’s Air Tahiti Nui; not the same airline as Air Tahiti. You have very little choice of airlines for LAX-PPT. Air France or Air Tahiti Nui. Hawaiian Air flies to PPT one day a week (Sat?), connecting in Hawaii.

I don’t know that it really makes a big difference in economy.

I like the Intercontinental better, but if you are getting a package pricing cheaper than you can do yourself, there’s nothing wrong with Le Meridian.

Just got back a month ago from the 11 day Tahiti cruise. This was our third trip to cruising in Tahiti. Air Tahiti Nui was ok on the way there, but on the way back the plane was smaller, older, and a lot of the "stuff" on it didn't work and was broken. Not sure what kind of planes they were, but we will never fly on Air Tahiti Nui again. The way home was a bad experience. Even my wife, who is small was crunched in the seat. A real ordeal for us.

The package worked great for us, both financially and logistically., when we did it 2 months ago Our room was very nice at LeMeridien, both on our arrival night and the day room we had on the day of departure. And I was pleasantly surprised with the seats on Air Tahiti Nui, where I found that I was actually able to find somewhat comfortable positions to sleep in, unlike many airplane seats (my husband thinks they are a little wider than many U.S. domestic airline seats). 2 weeks ago, we flew ATN back to Tahiti to do a visit to Bora Bora on our own and we had the same experience both ways. It did not feel like 7-1/2 hours.

In summary, I highly recommend the air and hotel package. I tracked prices for over a year and never saw a better deal come up, and it was *really* nice to be met at the airport, transported in a comfy air-conditioned bus, and never have to carry our luggage in and out of hotels!

Final thought: If you were doing this trip to save money, you wouldn't be taking the cruise in the first place; you'd be backpacking and schlepping all your luggage from one cheap hotel to another! Give yourself permission to enjoy being catered to just once. I gotta say, it was really nice.

I’m not seeing this. What dates?

The United flights xSFO begin around October 30, 2018. Both inbound and return are on the same days (they turn around the same plane) on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. There is no date change so on the Outbound you both arrive and depart on the same day, the return is overnight, so you arrive the next morning.

Flight#/Route/Departure Time/Arrival Time/Aircraft/Days of week 247=Tue/Thu/Sun

UA115 SFO-PPT 1445 2025 788 247

UA114 PPT-SFO 2345 1050+1 788 247

So, a 8:25pm arrival time and an 11:45pm departure.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got back a month ago from the 11 day Tahiti cruise. This was our third trip to cruising in Tahiti. Air Tahiti Nui was ok on the way there, but on the way back the plane was smaller, older, and a lot of the "stuff" on it didn't work and was broken. Not sure what kind of planes they were, but we will never fly on Air Tahiti Nui again. The way home was a bad experience. Even my wife, who is small was crunched in the seat. A real ordeal for us.

TN has a fleet of 5 long haul aircraft, all Airbus 340-300's so all the same size.

4 were refurbished a while back, 1 was not, normally that one is put out on charters, but if there are none she slips back into the rotation.