GTY Question

Hi

just booked a guarantee cabin under US rules.

I wonder about the options once a cabin is assigned.

I know I can change within the category so if I get a 7D I can change to any cabin# within that 7D category.

As there seem to be only 2 regular cabins left in the lower "D" categorys but several hundred on the high decks -

in the "spacious" "B" category.

So here is my question:

If I do get a "D" cabin assignment can I go back to TBA into the hat - to try for a better "B" assessmentin the next round ?

All assuming the first assignment happens well in time before the sailing.

Thank you for the help! (y)

Hi

just booked a guarantee cabin under US rules.

I wonder about the options once a cabin is assigned.

I know I can change within the category so if I get a 7D I can change to any cabin# within that 7D category.

As there seem to be only 2 regular cabins left in the lower "D" categorys but several hundred on the high decks -

in the "spacious" "B" category.

So here is my question:

If I do get a "D" cabin assignment can I go back to TBA into the hat - to try for a better "B" assessmentin the next round ?

I think that you are asking: Can I ask to be thrown back into the guarantee pool? The answer to that question is "yes".

Don't be surprised if you are assigned the same cabin again. :)

Assignment times vary quite a bit. Some people are assigned one almost as soon as they book. Others have reported getting assigned less than a week out, even if they booked more than a year out.

Assignment times vary quite a bit. Some people are assigned one almost as soon as they book. Others have reported getting assigned less than a week out, even if they booked more than a year out.

Agree. Last year, we booked a GTY stateroomd on the RCCL website and the cabin was assigned about 2 hours after booking. Our daughter booked a balcony GTY more than 2 months age for a March 4th cruise, and her stateroom has not yet been assigned.

I think that you are asking: Can I ask to be thrown back into the guarantee pool? The answer to that question is "yes".

Don't be surprised if you are assigned the same cabin again. :)

That was exactly my question!

Thank you!

Do you know how to request to be back in the assignment - pool?

Just let them know or do you have to have them re-price the reservation (which might be a problem) :confused:

Thanks! (y)

That was exactly my question!

Thank you!

Do you know how to request to be back in the assignment - pool?

Just let them know or do you have to have them re-price the reservation (which might be a problem)

Thanks! (y)

You booked with a travel agent? Just have him/her call RC and make that request.

Well we got a cabin#.... but it is the only one left in that category (as far as I can check} and really not the location that we were hoping for...

There are still about 100 cabins left in the main category and all other subcategories have more desirable locations:loudcry:

Hope our TA knows as to how to get us back into the TBA-pool (yn)

Worst case we get the same cabin again.... :eek:

Does it make sense to try again after a few days if the 1st re-try fails?

Would they throw us back into the TBA-pool numerous times again?

Thanks!

Well we got a cabin#.... but it is the only one left in that category (as far as I can check} and really not the location that we were hoping for...

There are still about 100 cabins left in the main category and all other subcategories have more desirable locations:loudcry:

Hope our TA knows as to how to get us back into the TBA-pool (yn)

Worst case we get the same cabin again.... :eek:

Does it make sense to try again after a few days if the 1st re-try fails?

Would they throw us back into the TBA-pool numerous times again?

Thanks!

I think at some point they may refuse to put you back in the pool. Might depend on who you reach at customer service.

I thought the limit was only once............and you can't be tossed back into the pool if there is no pool there..meaning if the GTY you booked is no longer posted on the RCCL site you can't even ask to be put back in the pool. That's the way I understood it. Been years ago when we did it though.

Maybe someone has tried it more recently.

Jimbo:)

I thought the limit was only once............and you can't be tossed back into the pool if there is no pool there..meaning if the GTY you booked is no longer posted on the RCCL site you can't even ask to be put back in the pool. That's the way I understood it. Been years ago when we did it though.

Maybe someone has tried it more recently.

Jimbo:)

I've read about people going back into the pool more than once, but not recently.

I've read about people going back into the pool more than once, but not recently.

Bob, I booked a gty for Brilliance category 6v. There were plenty of cabins with specific cabin #'s... I was assigned and I assume many others as a good 50% cabins disappeared.

Recently in the last 3 weeks I've seen a gty 3v come up... same cabin #'s as the 6v when they were available. I was not allowed to move locations because it was "a different category".

Most recently.... last week.... a gty "ZI" came available at just slightly less than what I paid. Was not allowed to book solo as this gty was reserved for double occupancy. Again same cabin #'s that were available for the 3v and 6v in weeks past.

Fabulous way for RCL to deny cabin changes.... assign previous bookings, get rid of the old cabin categories so that booked cruisers can't change anymore calling in multiple times for cabin changes and/or price drops.... create new cabin categories that only new bookings can book.

I'm confused. I thought once you are assigned you can call and have your assignment switched (within availability). Or is it because OP is asking for different category?

Yes, I think the OP wants to take their chances in hopes of getting a different category.

Where do you find your cabin assignment? Do they email it to you? Thanks

You check your reservation online on RCI website. Just go into My Cruises. We've done multiple guarantee bookings and never have received notification from RCI when cabin has been assigned.

Hi

this is what happened to us .....

When the sale came out there were 6 subcategories still showing availability the lowest 3 subcategories with about 30 cabins all together the higher 3 categories with about 100 open cabins.....the higher the subcategory the more free cabins were available.

Then there was apperantly an assignment run as 3 subcategories sold out within just a few hours!

We also got our assignment in that run in the highest of the 3 subcategories that sold out...

Now there were about 100 cabins in 3 subcategories left and the sale is still on.

We really did not care much for the cabin we got and since our subcategory is now sold out - there is nowhere else to move.

It took a couple calls - as my TA was denied the first time - to get back into the pool..... but we are back to TBA now!:D

Yeah!(y)(y)(y)

Hoping to get a different subcategory now - not necessarily a higher one....but one with a better location or some choices would be nice!

We have nothing to loose at this point and can only win - if we maybe get a different location.....(yn)

I would think we have about a 70/30 chance of getting something better.

Worst case we get the same cabin we just threw back into the pool.....

But since they seem to run the assignments in batches that would be a real coincidence! :eek: