Carnival Breeze late coming into port

grandmarnnurse

My wife and I are sailing on the Breeze in 2 weeks, curious as to what time they get off the ship and if going to Hobby, what time they get to the airport....considering making additional reservations on a later flight than the one we are currently scheduled for.

It is 10:30 now and we are sitting at the hotel, port still closed, and web cam does not show the ship berthed, so it is going to be later than they thought even.....about later flight reservations, VERY WISE this time of the year....as the cold fronts push down from the north, we get so much warm, humid air pushed back towards the coast this is a problem during the spring months for sure......(but for those of us living in Texas, we LOVE the mild winters that create this fog when the fronts do push thru!)

It is 10:30 now and we are sitting at the hotel, port still closed, and web cam does not show the ship berthed, so it is going to be later than they thought even.....about later flight reservations, VERY WISE this time of the year....as the cold fronts push down from the north, we get so much warm, humid air pushed back towards the coast this is a problem during the spring months for sure......(but for those of us living in Texas, we LOVE the mild winters that create this fog when the fronts do push thru!)

The Breeze and LOS are both sitting in the Houston anchorage; my in-laws are enjoying an extended vacay.. :)

s!AtjHfk8LqN38g_M6wXkhAJv8_ljSyQ

Edited by billnict

My wife and I are sailing on the Breeze in 2 weeks, curious as to what time they get off the ship and if going to Hobby, what time they get to the airport....considering making additional reservations on a later flight than the one we are currently scheduled for.

As soon as I hear I will let you all know.

Thank you, also out of curiosity, do you happen to know what mode of transportation they are using from the port to the airport? We were considering Uber or Lyft, as opposed to the shuttle,but if we take a later flight we will not be in a hurry to get to the airport. We normally do the self assist so we are off the ship pretty quickly.

They are saying 1:30 now for getting off.

Yes. I was just going to report that also. My son in law just let me know. They are changing their flights because they will not make their original flights. I’m here at their home babysitting, but Im retired and have nowhere to rush to, so all is good. As long as they make it back before I have to catch my Amtrak train back to Buffalo, NY on Wednesday evening from here in Minot, ND! Lol!

Wow- so they probably can't start boarding before 5 at the earliest, meaning 7 PM or later departure!

Fog's rolling back in, most likely not going to leave until tomorrow. I've been sitting off Sabine since Thursday due to fog, you get an hour or two at midday that looks good out here, but not in further, and the weather isn't scheduled to change for 4-5 days.

Fog's rolling back in, most likely not going to leave until tomorrow. I've been sitting off Sabine since Thursday due to fog, you get an hour or two at midday that looks good out here, but not in further, and the weather isn't scheduled to change for 4-5 days.

You didn't see a Robalo 222 run by with full bait wells and empty fish boxes did you? Asking for a friend. :)

I considered cursing the Breeze out of Port Canaveral later this year. Then I saw the video of how Carnival's crew handles "situations." Thanks, but no thanks.

Breeze is a great ship and the issue on Legend in Australia is a rarity... in fact no one on any of the boards- Carnival, RCCL, NCL or HAL- reports ever seeing a brawl involving that number of people before on any cruise line. So you don’t really know how any of them would handle similar ‘situations’.

But if that bothers you, by all means, feel free to cruise other lines.