We Have OM on 4/15 Regal Crossing

Mayo21

I thought the April 15 sailing was going to have ***** functioning for all cabins. The Princess website lists it as the first cruise to be an "Ocean Medallion Vacation." The ones before it are designated as "Ocean Medallion Preview" cruises.

In Jan they told me it will be 'sometime' before it is complete. I hope it is by our Aug cruises.

Thanks so much for the clarification! I wasn’t aware that it was fully up and running for ordering drinks ahead of time, finding where a friend is at, etc.....if it’s fully functioning then no problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on in Dec, and they are rolling out parts of it little by little. Some things will work, some won't. But they are not giving OBC to anyone who actually has an ***** cabin. And if you booked this cruise after the late Nov/early Dec preview cruises, you probably wouldn't get anything even if you don't have an ***** cabin, because they had already announced the problems with the roll-out.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

Which parts of Marina have *****? I'm on the same sailing but towards the stern elevators, have not received an email regarding status. Does the ***** totally replace the cruise cards, or are they still available? I collect them from all of my cruises and have them organized in a business card holder. Would hate to see them go away.

The *****'s are supposed to replace the cards, but because the *****'s don't always work, you'll also get a blue room key card. And then the staff will give you problems getting into Platinum/Elite Lounge with a blue card. No kidding!

We're on the 4/15 sailing as well with a cabin in the ***** group that others have posted. As of today, I have not received any communication as to whether we will actually have the ***** or not.

Check your boarding pass. If it has a medallion on the right side, then you are in a medallion cabin.

... And if you booked this cruise after the late Nov/early Dec preview cruises, you probably wouldn't get anything even if you don't have an ***** cabin, because they had already announced the problems with the roll-out.

We're getting $50 per person OBC for not having *****. I did not book our cruise until the end of December. Others on our roll call thread waited too long to call and said they weren't offered any OBC.

Thanks to all who’ve responded. All the info is much appreciated. I did call Princess and verified my ***** room. She said we’d be hearing from then in another week or so to see if we wanted to receive our Medallions in the mail or at the port. I think mail will be much better! She said that the ***** was fully functioning for those that had it.... all aspects....as a room key, to find a friend, to pay for anything, to have drinks ordered and waiting, to access your folio.... we’ll see, but I’m hoping for a grand experience!

Thanks to all who’ve responded. All the info is much appreciated. I did call Princess and verified my ***** room. She said we’d be hearing from then in another week or so to see if we wanted to receive our Medallions in the mail or at the port. I think mail will be much better! She said that the ***** was fully functioning for those that had it.... all aspects....as a room key, to find a friend, to pay for anything, to have drinks ordered and waiting, to access your folio.... we’ll see, but I’m hoping for a grand experience!

Did they say if everyone is having the ***** or just selected cabins? My cabin isn’t in the preview group, but I thought it was supposed to be shipwide by the TA.

The *****'s are supposed to replace the cards, but because the *****'s don't always work, you'll also get a blue room key card. And then the staff will give you problems getting into Platinum/Elite Lounge with a blue card. No kidding!

If your cabin does have ***** status how do you show your status aboard ship at the shops, bars etc? Are the ***** thingies different colors?

If your cabin does have ***** status how do you show your status aboard ship at the shops, bars etc? Are the ***** thingies different colors?

If the ***** is really working, the shops, bars, etc. will see your status on their screen when you present your medallion.

Question: If your cabin door no longer has a key card slot, how do you use the card they give you in the event the ***** doesn't work if there is no slot? I'm going to guess that your key card would have the ability to be touched on the door and open it?

I'm not going to worry about this, since my sailing isn't until November 2018. I was on the Regal for the repo last year when they were working on installing it. Got to see a lot of staff I hadn't seen in some time because they were on the ship as part of the team installing and setting up.

Maureen

So, for the ***** rooms since we won't really be using key cards, what happens to the room lights inside the room? Will you still need a card of some sort to get them to work?

Our steward supplied a "blank" card for us keep in the room light slot on the first ***** preview cruise - may be a temporary solution though.

Sandra

The key word in the title of this post is “we”, meaning the poster. The rest of us would like to know where “we” stand on this. Princess still advertises our cruise as an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” as opposed to the preceding cruises being advertised as “***** Previews”. Since the ***** conversion seems to be creeping through the ship while it is in service has anyone heard where the program is moving over the next 55 days before the Regal heads across the ocean?

I have asked Princess what is going on with the ***** program and will advise if I receive a response.

The key word in the title of this post is “we”, meaning the poster. The rest of us would like to know where “we” stand on this. Princess still advertises our cruise as an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” as opposed to the preceding cruises being advertised as “***** Previews”. Since the ***** conversion seems to be creeping through the ship while it is in service has anyone heard where the program is moving over the next 55 days before the Regal heads across the ocean?

I have asked Princess what is going on with the ***** program and will advise if I receive a response.

We are on the same cruise as you, April 15th TA Regal Princess. With that said we are not in an ***** room as listed. Spoke to Princess yesterday about the ***** progress, our cruise is now an "***** Preview cruise" now and that ALL Regal cruises are that way through the Spring and all other ships have been put on hold for ***** until they can get Regal 100% working.

The rep offered to move us to an ***** room, I turned it down because we like our room where we're at. We fly back to CPH in Sept. for the TA returning to NYC and the goal is to have the Regal 100% by then. So while we were talking I ask is there OBC or something in lieu of no ***** service, I got $100 OBC for myself and wife plus unlimited internet because we're Platinum.

We are on the same cruise as you, April 15th TA Regal Princess. With that said we are not in an ***** room as listed. Spoke to Princess yesterday about the ***** progress, our cruise is now an "***** Preview cruise" now and that ALL Regal cruises are that way through the Spring and all other ships have been put on hold for ***** until they can get Regal 100% working.

The rep offered to move us to an ***** room, I turned it down because we like our room where we're at. We fly back to CPH in Sept. for the TA returning to NYC and the goal is to have the Regal 100% by then. So while we were talking I ask is there OBC or something in lieu of no ***** service, I got $100 OBC for myself and wife plus unlimited internet because we're Platinum.

Thank you for checking into this! I’m also on the TA. The website still says that this is an “Ocean Medallion Vacation”. I will have to call Princess today to see what can be done.

Interesting that you can be offered movement to an ***** stateroom where you can not purchase a stateroom because according to Princess the ship is sold out.

I wonder if Princess claims categories are “Sold Out” because then they can eliminate price reductions? No price reductions on mini-suites.

I just spoke to Adam at Princess about the 4/15 Regal Cruise. I’m not in one of the Muster station B cabins, but when I asked the status of my Medallion (when it would be mailed to me), he said 2 weeks prior. When I pressed a little more and asked if there was anything else I needed to know about *****, he said there wasn’t. Either I wasn’t being specific enough Witt my questions or different reps have different information. Probably both. Now I wonder, what is the truth about these spring and summer cruises?

I just spoke to Adam at Princess about the 4/15 Regal Cruise. I’m not in one of the Muster station B cabins, but when I asked the status of my Medallion (when it would be mailed to me), he said 2 weeks prior. When I pressed a little more and asked if there was anything else I needed to know about *****, he said there wasn’t. Either I wasn’t being specific enough Witt my questions or different reps have different information. Probably both. Now I wonder, what is the truth about these spring and summer cruises?

I asked point blank, "Is my cabin an ***** cabin?", nothing about Muster station, that may have confused the rep. The rep I had had to call her "Customer Relations" to get the info I posted.

I am in an ***** room on the 3/25 sailing. I received a letter from Princess as mentioned in this post. The letter explained the ***** benefits and also mentioned that a hold would be placed on my room so I would not receive any upgrades. If I wanted to be eligible for an upgrade, I was to call and possibility be taken out of an ***** room. Hmmm....what to do! I chose to stay in an ***** room. I guess I wasn't prompt enough in calling to confirm the details of shipping me the *****, so Princess called me. I chose to have the medallion mailed but have not received it yet. I will check out the working functions to the ***** and report back when I return at the end of our week.