Princess excursions

georgiacat

I thought I made a reservation for a Princess excursion on the Royal using on-board credit. I cannot find where I have a confirmation for that reservation. Will they keep it reserved for me? Do I have to use a credit card to make sure I have that trip?

No, it should show up under your personalizer. Go into "manage my booking" in your personalizer. then at the top click on "excursion reservations"; At the bottom click on "confirmed reservations and payment history". There it will show the excursions you have reserved and it will show paid for. I used my OBC for mine and showed up fine. Under status it will also showed confirmed. If you cannot find any reservations then somewhere along in the process you stopped and didn't complete it. If you are sure you did, then I would first call Princess and see what they show. If they show nothing, then go back in and reserve your tour making sure after you are done to check your personalizer that it is there.

Pooh

I thought I made a reservation for a Princess excursion on the Royal using on-board credit. I cannot find where I have a confirmation for that reservation. Will they keep it reserved for me? Do I have to use a credit card to make sure I have that trip?

Excursions booked in advance must now be paid for in advance. If you just put a reservation in your shopping cart, it will be automatically removed if you do not pay for it within a specified time period (1 day? -- I do not know for sure).

So if you are asking if you need to use a credit card, it sounds as if you did not make payment and you no longer have the excursion reservation. So make the reservation again and pay for it.

When you are in your cruise personalizer, decide to book an excursion and then click on boxes on the excursion to book it, it will be placed in your cart. You then have to go to your cart and click on payment. That is when you will see if you have enough OBC to cover the excursion or not. If it still asks you for a credit card, then you will have to provide one. Otherwise it will list $0 as due and you still have to click on the buy part. This is when you will have successfully booked the excursion. So to the OP if you did not complete all these steps, then your excursion was not booked which is why you can't see it. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all. Pooh, I followed your directions and found that I do have my excursions confirmed. They did not send an email, and I missed the place you directed me too. Now I feel better.

Good. I just checked mine and they show up there and show as paid. I used OBC to pay for them.

Just off the Grand and almost a rude awakening

Booked expensive excursion and assumed our obc would cover it.

Got on the ship and discovered since it was not paid for it was cancelled and had since gone up in price by $ 50 pp.

Cruise excursion person said this was a new policy and she only found out when her parents came on board and she discovered what happened to their excursions.

At first she offered to rebook at the new price. When we said this was not right as we were not told about this policy change, she spoke to a supervisor and they allowed us to rebook at the old price.

Cruise excursion person said this was a new policy and she only found out when her parents came on board and she discovered what happened to their excursions.

At first she offered to rebook at the new price. When we said this was not right as we were not told about this policy change' date=' she spoke to a supervisor and they allowed us to rebook at the old price.[/quote']

As I remember it, the path to selecting excursions does say you need to pay or the reservation will be cancelled. Paying with OBC is still paying and the process must be completed to keep the reservation.

Thanks to all. Pooh, I followed your directions and found that I do have my excursions confirmed. They did not send an email, and I missed the place you directed me too. Now I feel better.

Glad it worked out. Yes, they "hide" your shore excursions on the personalizer. Other ways to find out is by going to the "payments and credits" and looking towards the end of the page where "shore excursions reservations" are summarized with regard to overall pricing. One more method is going to the "excursion reservations" tab and then selecting "browse & reserve excursions" where it will list the ports and will have a green checkmark besides ports that you have already reserved excursions.

I did a trial booking of excursions for my next Star Princess cruise to Alaska. I have $250. non refundable OBC currently (and will have 100. more) ... the booking process took my OBC first, then went to my credit card after that. ... I hope this remains true when I get the rest of my OBC for stock in a few months.