What is the dress code for the MDR on Carnival Dream?

leekh

We are starting to pack for our first Carnival Dream cruise. We sailed on NCL before and we usually dress casual for MDR. What is dress attire in the MDR on Carnival Dream? Do the men have to wear button-down or polo shirt with khaki pants? Do the ladies have to wear dresses? Do they allow regular t-shirts and sneakers?

Per the Carnival website

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, itinerary schedule permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

The dress coed is listed on the Carnival website under FAQS. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

short version men can and do wear nice golf length shorts and polo shirts to dinner, they also wear khakis and button downs on cruise casual nights. Cruise elegant ranges from khakis and golf shirt to tuxedos.

Relax and enjoy

We are starting to pack for our first Carnival Dream cruise. We sailed on NCL before and we usually dress casual for MDR. What is dress attire in the MDR on Carnival Dream? Do the men have to wear button-down or polo shirt with khaki pants? Do the ladies have to wear dresses? Do they allow regular t-shirts and sneakers?

Shorts is fine.

I always buy a new pair of jeans and pack a few nice polo type shirts. I wear these to the MDR every time I go regardless of casual or dress up night. It always works. And I feel properly dressed. Never seen anybody turned away for dress code violations.

I always buy a new pair of jeans and pack a few nice polo type shirts. I wear these to the MDR every time I go regardless of casual or dress up night. It always works. And I feel properly dressed. Never seen anybody turned away for dress code violations.

Same here for elegant night , shorts and t-shirts on non elegant nights , 13 cruises never had a problem

Welcome to Carnival leekh. I would say that the most typical cruiser will wear either khakis or dress shorts with a polo on casual night and a nice pair of slacks with a button down (perhaps with a sport coat) for elegant. My wife would typically go with a summer cotton dress for casual and a more dressy dinner dress for elegant. Are there folks dressed up and down from where we are? You bet. Can you get turned away at the dining room if you're way outside the guidelines for that particular night? Yes, I've seen it on just about every cruise. I've also seen things tolerated that I personally wouldn't.

I think some folks make a sport of it and take pride in pushing the envelope. We tend to hang near the median.

We have been on multiple Carnival cruises on many of the ships.

We have not been on the Dream but the dress code is the same for all ships.

You will be fine with t shirt and sneakers and jeans on casual nights.

The only requirement for "elegant" night is a shirt with a collar for men and usually no shorts. I have seen men turned away for trying to wear shorts on that night but not on all ships. Women do NOT have to wear dresses.

DH has black jeans that he has worn on elegant night with no problem. He also has black leather sneakers that he has worn on those nights.

These days he has lightweight blue slacks and some guyaberas(Mexican wedding shirts) that he wears on elegant night. NO need for tie or jacket ever!!