Emerald Princess: July 1, 2018 - Alaska Passage

Carolina Cruisers 2

Greetings,

We are Franky and Jack from Eastern North Carolina. We will be traveling with son, daughter, 2 grandsons from Seattle and one daughter from NC. Excited to share this cruise with family and hopeful we will see others show up on this thread that we've cruised with in the past.

Cheers!

Greetings,

We are Franky and Jack from Eastern North Carolina. We will be traveling with son, daughter, 2 grandsons from Seattle and one daughter from NC. Excited to share this cruise with family and hopeful we will see others show up on this thread that we've cruised with in the past.

Cheers!

Have a great cruise!! I know you will have some great memories to talk about when you get home.

Tony

Hello Easyboy,

There was no thread for our date ... so I started one. Done that before. Hopefully others will join between now and next July. :):D

Good you started it. Maybe the others were just waiting for it. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:D My husband and I are going July 1!! We were just checking out the excursions and looking at the different drink packages. We are staying a couple of days in Seattle first. Coming from Minnesota. This board has been very helpful, lots of good idea so thanks everyone for that.

Tom Sheridan's latest!

A New Cruise Port Guide for Skagway Alaska Part 1 of 3 is available at

https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/skagway-11-19-17.pdf

New Cruise Port Guide for Skagway Alaska Part 2 of 3 is available at

https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/skagwaypart2_12-12-17.pdf

A New Cruise Port Guide for Skagway, Haines Alaska Part 3 of 3 is available at

https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/skagway-hainespart3_1-16-18.pdf

Hello Easyboy,

There was no thread for our date ... so I started one. Done that before. Hopefully others will join between now and next July. :):D

Have a great cruise. Did you post in the roll call board? That's where people go to find them.

If not, maybe the mods can move this?

• 3 weeks later...

Carolina Cruisers 2, I was on Emerald last July roundtrip inside passage out of Seattle. It was a wonderful cruise. Have a great time and hopefully you will have more people jump on this thread who are going with you. Cheers

Carolina Cruisers 2, I was on Emerald last July roundtrip inside passage out of Seattle. It was a wonderful cruise. Have a great time and hopefully you will have more people jump on this thread who are going with you. Cheers

Hi AF-1

We have completed 30 cruises and about 20 have been with active CC roll calls. It's not a biggie since we will have some family on this cruise. It does seem weird for zero activity. Yes indeed, we will have a wonderful time.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks! Just took a look and it appears that one has little activity. Guess that tells me about Alaskan cruises. LOL

We have a roll call for our September cruise on the Emerald and my friend just asked me why there is so little activity. In general, Alaska roll calls tend to be very quiet. Lots of new cruisers who haven't found Cruise Critic.

We have a roll call for our September cruise on the Emerald and my friend just asked me why there is so little activity. In general, Alaska roll calls tend to be very quiet. Lots of new cruisers who haven't found Cruise Critic.

You are correct about quiet Alaska roll calls. In mid December I started a roll call for a July 2019 cruise tour and no one has posted anything there yet.

• 4 weeks later...
If no one posts to your RC, you can join another RC close to your date and bounce off ideas with those cruisers. Also look at posts on the Alaska Board very informative....

I'm sure happy we have family on this cruise. We are very social and love all the 'meet and greet' parties, etc. and the two threads for this cruise are both DEAD.

Oh well, such is life. :-)

I'm sure happy we have family on this cruise. We are very social and love all the 'meet and greet' parties, etc. and the two threads for this cruise are both DEAD.

Oh well, such is life. :-)

I do not believe there was a meet and greet party on Emerald last July. No biggie we also had family with us

• 2 months later...

I'll be there with family and with my 7 year old son, I am hoping he finds friends on the cruise! The kid programs in his age range (3-7) seem a little young for his taste and I am hopeful he can participate in the next age up.

I'll be there with family and with my 7 year old son, I am hoping he finds friends on the cruise! The kid programs in his age range (3-7) seem a little young for his taste and I am hopeful he can participate in the next age up.

I'm sure (based on our 2 Princess cruises to Alaska; one the first week in July and the other the first week in August) there will be plenty of kids his age on an Alaska cruise. It's just that most of the cruisers are first timers and know nothing about cruise critic. From everything I've read hear about the kids' program, they strictly enforce the age groupings. The only time they might not is when there are only a couple dozen kids on the entire ship and that won't be the case in Alaska.