New MSC Fantasia Cruiser Questions

Dthorne1

Hello Everyone:

This is our first cruise on MSC. We are diamond members on RCCL and wanted to see what status match we would likely get with MSC?

Also, we booked a YC1 Yacht Club Deluxe Suite and just wanted reviews / opinions on these rooms. Are drinks truly free throughout the ship? Top Shelf? Any experiences with Yacht Club you care to share?

Thanks

Dustin

You will be matched to black status. Just got off 2 weeks on seaside in yc deluxe balcony. I have a review titled ramblings from first time MSC cruiser.

Great things about MSC and some things could be improved upon. I have drink menus and lunch and dinner menus on the review. But overall from a d+ loyal royal we are happy. So happy, webooked 6 more MSC cruises will onboard. Of course once you do yacht club it will be hard to do non yc. Have to say that service was over the top. Better than any service we have had in the suite lounge and coastal kitchen of royal.

Hello Everyone:

This is our first cruise on MSC. We are diamond members on RCCL and wanted to see what status match we would likely get with MSC?

Also, we booked a YC1 Yacht Club Deluxe Suite and just wanted reviews / opinions on these rooms. Are drinks truly free throughout the ship? Top Shelf? Any experiences with Yacht Club you care to share?

Thanks

Dustin

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

. Are drinks truly free throughout the ship? Top Shelf? Any experiences with Yacht Club you care to share?

YC guests automatically have the Deluxe (premium) drinks package included. This covers all items on the bar menus - including some premium brands - except those with 2 asterisks (super-premium items).

Gratuities are not included. The daily service charge is $12.50 pppd for all cabin categories.

Thanks Frank.

Our gratuities included or what did you tip per day for the butler if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

Auto grats are assessed at $12.50 a day per person so I paid that. At the end of each week, tipped our butler and jr butler about $20 a day extra (they work so hard). That was split more towards the jr butler as she does the duties of room steward.

Also tippped our waiter Arthur and Jovi. They were so wonderful for 2 weeks serving us breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Tipped the bartenders Justin and Richard and the other butlers that served us all day in lounge and upstairs at the pool bar.

The service was that good that all the crew that made our stay so wonderful we left an extra tip. Not saying you have to, but the service was that extraordinary that we did.

So the $12.50 per day is automatic and anything above that is discretionary, meaning basic tips are already included? But if you want to tip more you can do so? I thought MSC website said otherwise?
Yes. We did the auto grats and tipped those that made the yc so awesome. The service is very good without being too obtrusive. I do not like being fawned over but the butlers in top sail know when you need something. Best part is my preferred drink was always replenished in a timely fashion.

So the $12.50 per day is automatic and anything above that is discretionary, meaning basic tips are already included? But if you want to tip more you can do so? I thought MSC website said otherwise?

This is what it says in the MSC brochure on the subject:

Tips

Please note that we do not recommend tipping individual members of crew members.

It's only "recommended" that you not tip. We've always tipped extra to those we felt went above and beyond.