MSC Armonia...Thoughts

miataman19

Ok gang, booked this ship this morning for a July 15, 2019 7 day Western Itinerary including Havana, Cuba for a college graduation present for my girlfriends 2 boys. I know its an older ship (which I prefer). Not into all the new junk on the new ships (go-carts??? really...lol). Anyone sailed on Armonia recently? I'm seeing reviews from one end of the spectrum to the other. Any input would be helpful. Thanks Y'all :)

We're booked on her in January with the same itinerary. It'll be our first time onboard her, though we've sailed on her sister ship, Sinfonia, which we loved. It's the smallest class ships in the MSC fleet.

I was only on Armonia for 4 nights last December but really enjoyed the ship. She is smaller than other ships I have sailed on but my cabin was amazing and the food was really good. There was also a really good ‘vibe’ and cameraderie on the ship, The captain was fun as well.I was sorry to leave her before her transatlantic journey, would sail on her again.

I think the reviews being so different is if you are North American or European. We have different expectations, eat at different times , eat different food, and maybe a little culture clash thrown in. I hope there is enough to do onboard for your 2 boys and you enjoy x

I was only on Armonia for 4 nights last December but really enjoyed the ship. She is smaller than other ships I have sailed on but my cabin was amazing and the food was really good. There was also a really good ‘vibe’ and cameraderie on the ship, The captain was fun as well.I was sorry to leave her before her transatlantic journey, would sail on her again.

I think the reviews being so different is if you are North American or European. We have different expectations, eat at different times , eat different food, and maybe a little culture clash thrown in. I hope there is enough to do onboard for your 2 boys and you enjoy x

The boys saw that there is a piano bar and they were all in...lol. We prefer a low key type of ship. Tried some of the newer ones. Didn't really care for them. We did love Celebrity Reflection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

The boys saw that there is a piano bar and they were all in...lol. We prefer a low key type of ship. Tried some of the newer ones. Didn't really care for them. We did love Celebrity Reflection.

Been on the Armonia in June a second time and loved it. The Celebrity Reflection is my favourite of all American ships. So not a difficult guess that you will love that cruise also.

Been on the Armonia in June a second time and loved it. The Celebrity Reflection is my favourite of all American ships. So not a difficult guess that you will love that cruise also.

P ... did you finish your review of your trip? I was hoping for some information on Club Tropicana. We are considering going to the show, but it looks like we'll have to apply for a visa if we wish to DIY it. MSC is offering an excursion to the club for €149 pp (tickets are only €79 pp online) and I'm assuming that a 'licence' to leave the ship is built in. I'm just wondering if it'll be less hassle to just book the MSC one.

We have 2 'People to People' excursions for Havana booked - they facilitate leaving the ship without a visa.

P ... did you finish your review of your trip? I was hoping for some information on Club Tropicana. We are considering going to the show, but it looks like we'll have to apply for a visa if we wish to DIY it. MSC is offering an excursion to the club for €149 pp (tickets are only €79 pp online) and I'm assuming that a 'licence' to leave the ship is built in. I'm just wondering if it'll be less hassle to just book the MSC one.

We have 2 'People to People' excursions for Havana booked - they facilitate leaving the ship without a visa.

I was on this ship in January and we booked our tickets on line and just got off the ship and picked up a taxi. There was no problem getting on and off the ship. They just make you go into a booth, look at your and then look at you very closely. MSC provided us the visas

I was on this ship in January and we booked our tickets on line and just got off the ship and picked up a taxi. There was no problem getting on and off the ship. They just make you go into a booth, look at your and then look at you very closely. MSC provided us the visas

Thanks, Jay. Can you remember how much the visas cost? Was the show worthwhile? I take it you embarked in Havana? Our itinerary begins in Miami, with an overnight port visit to Cuba.

We are booked on Armonia for May 2019. I have a 14 yr old and 8 yr old. I'm a bit concerned with stuff for my 14 yr old to do during sea days. She will enjoy the pool and mini golf but are there other things to do for teens? Do they show movies somewhere? Any kid friendly trivia? Anything arts and crafts or cooking? She hates teen clubs - not into dancing, video games, etc.

Thanks, Jay. Can you remember how much the visas cost? Was the show worthwhile? I take it you embarked in Havana? Our itinerary begins in Miami, with an overnight port visit to Cuba.

I think it was 15 Euros, your cabin steward bring a form to sign and it is added to you account The show is amazing. You can also pickup an vintage car outside the port and cheaper than booking direct

I think it was 15 Euros, your cabin steward bring a form to sign and it is added to you account The show is amazing. You can also pickup an vintage car outside the port and cheaper than booking direct

That is great to know - thank you!