Carnival price protection Lamanai excursion

bohemian101

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this info , my husband is going to do this excursion but we also thought price was high, he will still book it for himself (im not a mayan ruins person) and we will try and submit a claim for it as well. Its worth a shot! We don't go until Nov.

Mayan ruins on Western Magic itinerary

Thanks again! Just got email back from Carnival . We got approved for the 110% guarantee and will have $50 obc each. That’s awesome and thanks for the heads up.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55139324https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55139324

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also got the price guarantee approved on this excursion, for 2/28/18, using the Belize Cruise Excursion trip - belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/lamanai-belize-excursion-mayan-ruins

We rarely book through excursions through the cruise line, but with one of this length and distance from port, I'd have been reluctant to go with an outside company, so it was especially nice to get the lower price, with the assurance that the ship will wait for us if the excursion is delayed.

I submitted price match for this same excursion and was rejected because "Our tour of Lamanai cuts down the overall travel time by an hour each way (2 hours travel time) by utilizing an exclusive route not available to other operators, thus providing us the luxury of completing the tour in 6 hours allowing gusts to maximize time in port. Guests can experience the breath-taking experience of the tour of the site in a leisurely paced 1 hour 30 minutes, which we can extend if the group needs more time. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing an experience of a lifetime. Additionally, our world class facilities at Ayinha Eco Park further enhances the guest experience with a safe and secure restaurant and bar facilities that can comfortably seat 300 guests at a time. These facilities are exclusive to our guests and were developed to offer a Belizean cultural experience. "

I replied back showing screen shots of the identical travel time. What else can I do? Seems like others were able to get this matched without issue.

I submitted price match for this same excursion and was rejected because "Our tour of Lamanai cuts down the overall travel time by an hour each way (2 hours travel time) by utilizing an exclusive route not available to other operators, thus providing us the luxury of completing the tour in 6 hours allowing gusts to maximize time in port. Guests can experience the breath-taking experience of the tour of the site in a leisurely paced 1 hour 30 minutes, which we can extend if the group needs more time. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing an experience of a lifetime. Additionally, our world class facilities at Ayinha Eco Park further enhances the guest experience with a safe and secure restaurant and bar facilities that can comfortably seat 300 guests at a time. These facilities are exclusive to our guests and were developed to offer a Belizean cultural experience. "

I replied back showing screen shots of the identical travel time. What else can I do? Seems like others were able to get this matched without issue.

Sounds like they are traveling by land exclusively. Carnival excursion goes part way by boat up the river, to look at wildlife. So that means it is NOT the same excursion so the price match does not apply.

Sounds like they are traveling by land exclusively. Carnival excursion goes part way by boat up the river, to look at wildlife. So that means it is NOT the same excursion so the price match does not apply.

They both have a 1 hr drive and then a riverboat tour and both serve lunch. They’re identical.

I received the same response. I replied with the fact that people going on our same cruise submitted the same claim and received the price match (I saw this from my cruise roll call.) Scott with guest services wasn't having any of it. He was kind of a dick, actually. So, full price it was. Turns out, at least 4 couples on our bus had gotten the price match, and that was just the people we spoke to sitting near us on the way back. I am still pretty ticked about it. Not a great first impression with Carnival.

I received the same response. I replied with the fact that people going on our same cruise submitted the same claim and received the price match (I saw this from my cruise roll call.) Scott with guest services wasn't having any of it. He was kind of a dick, actually. So, full price it was. Turns out, at least 4 couples on our bus had gotten the price match, and that was just the people we spoke to sitting near us on the way back. I am still pretty ticked about it. Not a great first impression with Carnival.

Awesome, that’s who replied to me too. Did you try twitter? I generally get better response from companies there. And I’ve got an entire year to argue with them.

Awesome, that’s who replied to me too. Did you try twitter? I generally get better response from companies there. And I’ve got an entire year to argue with them.

Ugh, Scott! What is his deal?!?

I did not try twitter. I was honestly so shocked that it initially got denied that it took me a day or two to form a response. So many had gotten approved, including people on my same cruise, so I just took it as a given that my claim would also go through.

I'd for sure escalate and see if there is someone above Scott you could speak to. It's unfortunate that people can provide the same claim but approval depends upon the guest services employee you get.

My claim got denied by Scott too. (Exact same message)

I replied about no one being able to match this exactly and thus the price guarantee being basically unusable but I gave not got a reply yet.

If you can get booking information from another guest that got the claim approved (I believe it was their booking number and claim number? Not entirely sure, but guest services can tell you) they will review it. But by that point for me it was the holidays and I was tied up w family obligations and work and wasn't going to hound a stranger on a message board for their booking info. I was also concerned that Scott would possibly rescind the claim approval for the other guest and I wasn't willing to risk that. After the holidays when I tried to take up the issue again it was too late and my time to submit a claim had passed.

If you can get booking information from another guest that got the claim approved (I believe it was their booking number and claim number? Not entirely sure, but guest services can tell you) they will review it. But by that point for me it was the holidays and I was tied up w family obligations and work and wasn't going to hound a stranger on a message board for their booking info. I was also concerned that Scott would possibly rescind the claim approval for the other guest and I wasn't willing to risk that. After the holidays when I tried to take up the issue again it was too late and my time to submit a claim had passed.

I’m sorry that I am not willing to risk mine. But after my March cruise, I will post my information on here. Be very careful about how you check the boxes on the application form.

I appealed the denial up the chain. They gave me a partial credit. They added $20 onto the other excursion because of Carnival’s super awesome lunch (can you hear my sarcasm?) so I ended up getting $14.29 per adult ticket (I had already received 10% off the normal price) and nothing on the child ticket. Not what I feel is right, but good enough I won’t argue anymore.

Edited by Hllb
Typo

I appealed the denial up the chain. They gave me a partial credit. They added $20 onto the other excursion because of Carnival’s super awesome lunch (can you hear my sarcasm?) so I ended up getting $14.29 per adult ticket (I had already received 10% off the normal price) and nothing on the child ticket. Not what I feel is right, but good enough I won’t argue anymore.

I also got a partial credit and am happy with that. I had originally paid $119.99 so they gave me $24.29 OBC and gave me an explanation of how they cut the travel time by using a private road. I'm totally satisfied with their resolution and have no complaints. :)

I think though it is to important to view the inconsistency as occasional instances when staff CAPRICIOUSLY GRANT the price match - not instances when staff capriciously reject the price match. The rules, administered literally and objectively, would lead to a rejection. Without prejudice, the claims otherwise reflect unfounded entitlement - excessive bias toward the consumers' advantage.

Also, it is important to understand that that puts the inconsistency in a different light: Guest recovery. Occasionally, the cruise line extends the benefit beyond what they promise, in an attempt to delight a specific customer. I wouldn't begrudge another customer getting a bonus even if my purchase was similar to theirs.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I just received my confirmation that we will be receiving $27.49 obc pp. The explanation we got was that they deducted $20 pp for access to the eco park that is exclusive to their excursion. I felt satisfied with this as I also like the guarantee of knowing the ship will wait for us if anything were to happen. Felt it was a win win. Thank you everyone for your help and providing the link to the other excursion!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that have done the excursion with Carnival, what was the riverboat like? How many people does it hold, goes fast? My mom is not keen on speedboats so I want to know before we book.

• 3 months later...

I just did this price match and got the partial credit that seems to be the concession Carnival has made on this one. From Scott too :) I also got a partial child credit that I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else comment on, if anyone finds informative.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $27.49 per adult ticket and $5.49 for the child ticket. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the $95.00 rate per adult and $85.00 rate for the child. Our tour launches from an exclusive Ayinha property built solely for efficient access to Lamanai. Ayinha reduces down the overall travel time by motor coach & boat transfer by 2 hours to reach the Lamanai ruins. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing the experience of a lifetime. Ayinha day admission is USD $20.00 per person, and includes a fusion of Belizean cultural along with Belizean Lunch Buffet. This $20 entrance fee has been included to make the tours comparable.

I just did this price match and got the partial credit that seems to be the concession Carnival has made on this one. From Scott too :) I also got a partial child credit that I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else comment on, if anyone finds informative.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $27.49 per adult ticket and $5.49 for the child ticket. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the $95.00 rate per adult and $85.00 rate for the child. Our tour launches from an exclusive Ayinha property built solely for efficient access to Lamanai. Ayinha reduces down the overall travel time by motor coach & boat transfer by 2 hours to reach the Lamanai ruins. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing the experience of a lifetime. Ayinha day admission is USD $20.00 per person, and includes a fusion of Belizean cultural along with Belizean Lunch Buffet. This $20 entrance fee has been included to make the tours comparable.

I went on the tour back in April and actually feltl a little bad that I got a price match against it as it was worth the full price. :)

I tipped the guides well to make up for it.

• 1 month later...

I just submitted and got a $27.49 pp OBC as well. Thanks for posting the link to the identical tour! We're still paying more for the park, but I got $30 off and know that the Carnival Dream is going to be right there waiting for me when I get back. lol!

• 3 weeks later...