Live from Quest

excitedofharpenden

A quick note from Quest as we make our way towards Hong Kong from Ho Chi Minh City. Having a wonderful time on the ship with warm (hot actually) sunny weather with the odd rain shower typical of this area. *Food has been excellent in the MDR and Prime C which we ate in last night. *

It continues to be the crew that shines brightest. *Nothing is too much trouble and everyone and I mean everyone is friendly and polite. *The White Night party (this being the first I have been to) was very well done. *Officers serving the food. *There was a barbecue on deck today and once again officers were serving including Captain Leif. *He was I think only entrusted with the salad! *I know it has been said on here before that the officer visibility is top, but it really does make a difference to the feel of the cruise.

I am hooked on the Azamara experience now. *It is just a great way to spend time.

Phil

So glad you are hooked Phil but can hardly say I am surprised!

It is the little things the crew and officers do that make all the difference.

Looking forward to hearing about Hong Kong and China

Enjoy the hot but hope you have your thermals ready for your return to blighty - winter chills are back big time!

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for your insights. I'm pleased to hear you are having a great time on Quest. Not that I'm surprised, but it's nice to hear the officers and crew are outstanding on Quest, as we've both experienced on Journey. I'm also enjoying your Facebook photos.

We look forward to your updates. Enjoy the rest of your Cruise !

It continues to be the crew that shines brightest. *Nothing is too much trouble and everyone and I mean everyone is friendly and polite. *The White Night party (this being the first I have been to) was very well done. *Officers serving the food. *There was a barbecue on deck today and once again officers were serving including Captain Leif. *He was I think only entrusted with the salad! *I know it has been said on here before that the officer visibility is top, but it really does make a difference to the feel of the cruise.

Phil

Phil - I will be on the Quest on March 26. What exactly is the "White Night party" you refer to? Also, could you share the names of the key officers and cruise director currently on board? Thanks, Marc

A quick note from Quest as we make our way towards Hong Kong from Ho Chi Minh City. Having a wonderful time on the ship with warm (hot actually) sunny weather with the odd rain shower typical of this area. *Food has been excellent in the MDR and Prime C which we ate in last night. *

I am hooked on the Azamara experience now. *It is just a great way to spend time.

Phil

Just curious, why are "*" everywhere, is it a function of the ship's computer system?

Just curious, why are "*" everywhere, is it a function of the ship's computer system?

Yes this often happens - lets not worry about it - just keep posting Phil, loving the news

Just an update. *The cruise continues to impress. Greta food and super service from everyone.

*Just a note on the entertainment. They have been revamped. *I am not usually a one for the shows, but they have been excellent with very good singers that don't sound like your usual cruise ship stuff and a really enjoyable dance show with top quality ballroom dancers. *Really very enjoyable. *Russ the CD is doing a great job in promoting the acts and the showroom has been packed even with only 422 passengers onboard.

Questions. *cruzeluze, yes the Blue Waves are just as good and Nyoman in Looking Glass does a very good job here!

Rob, my FB photos aren't public, but I will try to post a few photos here on the board when I am back in laptop land.

Marc, the White Night party is a theme of white held on deck when the weather is cooperating. *Officers serve the food and there is a bnad, singers etc. *Singer Bruce Parker on our trip is very good. *Wear some white if you can, but certainly not compulsory. *Current senior crew are Master Captain Leif Karlsson (Finland), Hotel Director Philip Herbert (England)who is the bsst and nicest HD I have experienced, Food and Beverage Manager Ryszard Gusman (Poland), CD Russ Thomas Grieve (US), Guest Relations Manager Nikki Denyer (UK), Chief Housekeeper Edwin Gonzalves. * All of them are very visible around the ship.

The asterisks seem to appear because I am copy and pasting from the iPad notes app.

Booked another trip on this ship already for later this year. *Can't keep away from Azamara and the £400 discount for booking onboard was welcome.

We leave for Taiwan in an hour and a half at the time of the laser lights show here in Hong Kong, but I think it was better yesterday because it has been foggy here today.

I have also met some great people from the roll call or via it and we are all having a blast.

Apologies for any typos as I am rushing. I have already used my free 237 minutes and am onto the second paid 237. Facebook does that!

Phil

Bruce Parker - he was on our New Year/Rio to BA trip - now you will know why I said the New Year parties rocked even when the weather was a little off - he is a bundle of energy and has a great voice.

Hi to Edwin - another one avoiding us ;)

Booking again - you know the ones to choose - just look at our sig!!!!

From last night's laser show in Hong Kong. Hope that worked. If it has I will try and post some more later on in the cruise.

Phil

Yes it worked Phil - great photo. We look forward to seeing more photos. Enjoy your Cruise.

Current senior crew are Master Captain Leif Karlsson (Finland), Hotel Director Philip Herbert (England)who is the bsst and nicest HD I have experienced, Food and Beverage Manager Ryszard Gusman (Poland), CD Russ Thomas Grieve (US)
Really enjoying your posts and pics, especially since we will join Quest in Asia very shortly.

On our upcoming cruise, it's been reported that we'll have the same senior team, except Ryszard Gusman will be our Hotel Director. So I guess congrats are in order if he'll soon receive a promotion from his current F&B Manager role.

Really enjoying your posts and pics, especially since we will join Quest in Asia very shortly.

On our upcoming cruise, it's been reported that we'll have the same senior team, except Ryszard Gusman will be our Hotel Director. So I guess congrats are in order if he'll soon receive a promotion from his current F&B Manager role.

Hi Ryszard moves up to Hotel Director when Philip is on leave, he is excellent, very approachable. When both are on board they make a good team.

Hilary

Archived