Any one else fed up with the P and O site

the english lady

Is anyone else as fed up as I am with the pando site. :mad::mad:Very early in the morning I get on. After that-forget it.....error messages , never ending egg timer. I am just glad I do not have another cruise booked at the moment. I would image trying to update details, book plane seats must reduce some people to tears.:(:(

One wonders how much they pay their IT people , who seem incapable of setting up a web site that works. This has been going on for at least a week now.

I am sure some of their crew ,that are paid a lot lot lot less than this useless bunch could do a better job!!!!!!!!;);)

Yes the rest of the site is working. Actually, I suppose they don't have to give us a Community Forum, plenty of others to choose from.

Actually when I said it was working, err emmm - the front page is working, but can't get to anything else at all!

I think if they provide a community forum they should ensure it is fit for purpose which, IMO it is not. It appears to be the chief source of online info and banter as the P&O forum here is pretty boring and not used much.

not a row about dress codes for ages :D

Methinks when the contract runs out the existing web site providers might well be replaced ;)

I think if they provide a community forum they should ensure it is fit for purpose which, IMO it is not. It appears to be the chief source of online info and banter as the P&O forum here is pretty boring and not used much.

not a row about dress codes for ages :D

Methinks when the contract runs out the existing web site providers might well be replaced ;)

But the P&O Community Forum is SO difficult to use, I much prefer the forums such as this one.

I only use the P&O site for access to other areas, so generally I don't have much trouble with it!

The main site is very intermittent. Sometimes it will load, but then will come up with error messages. Hope they get it sorted by the time they say the community part will be back. It's been going on long enough.:eek:

Brian

I've just been on the P&O site and it seems it's only the Community Section that is down until Monday. I got into my Cruise Personaliser by clicking on the My Account tab on the main page. No problems it was all very quick.:)

Yes must agree,thought it was my computer,let's hope the cruise will be better.

Will be cruising to Caribbean on 10th Jan.1st time with P & O.

Hi anycraftwilldo

Are you on the Azura? We've got a RollCall set up with a few meet and greets arranged on board - not sure if you've already signed up, if not and you're interested search under Azura and look for Caribbean 10th Dec - it's near the top of the page as there is a lot of activity on it :D

Maybe see you over there :)

Nyree

I was trying to browse the P&O website, to look at possibly booking a cruise - couldn't get anywhere at all. I'll try things 3 times and give up. It's their loss, there's other companies who will do the same cruises. I do the same with every company, from insurance to memory sticks. If anyone wants my money or attention, they'll have to make sure that they can provide the means of getting it.

I was trying to browse the P&O website, to look at possibly booking a cruise - couldn't get anywhere at all. I'll try things 3 times and give up. It's their loss, there's other companies who will do the same cruises. I do the same with every company, from insurance to memory sticks. If anyone wants my money or attention, they'll have to make sure that they can provide the means of getting it.

Me too, tried yesterday and today :mad:

You can book quickly through travel agents and get the same price but I still like to look at the itinerary, port and trips information before I book.

Scandalous really, in this day and age having a fully functional web-site is an essential - very poor show indeed by P & O.

Their website is a bit of a joke - I am in the process of booking excursions for Caribbean cruise in March and every time I look at them some of the prices have changes in the Cruise Personaliser. Example - one trip I have seen advertised at £64, £66 and £68 over the last 2 weeks. Yesterday it was showing at £66 but when we booked it the shopping basket had it at £64 - I imagine if other retailers ran their business like this.

The downtime on the Community site has been extended another week to 14 Jan.

Brian

what a joke :D

I wonder what all the addicts are doing?

Why don't they all come over here and not bother with the P&O site at all;)

ps i am missing the arguments about dress codes and falling standards :D

The downtime on the Community site has been extended another week to 14 Jan.

Brian

Since they are plugging Facebook & Twitter as alternatives I wonder if the forum will ever return?:mad:

As the community part of the site is down, have the response times on the rest of the site improved?:rolleyes:

Since they are plugging Facebook & Twitter as alternatives I wonder if the forum will ever return?:mad:

As the community part of the site is down, have the response times on the rest of the site improved?:rolleyes:

well i think it may be a little faster. However I am still confused that before it all went pear shaped, I went onto Aracdia and there seemed to be a virtual tour button (first time I had seen it) Next time I went on there the button had gone !!! I know I saw it, because I was looking at cabins on there.

It may to P&Os benefit if it does not. I wonder how many potential customers have been put off cruising with P&O by the attitudes displayed on their own site by some P&O regulars"?

well i think it may be a little faster. However I am still confused that before it all went pear shaped, I went onto Aracdia and there seemed to be a virtual tour button (first time I had seen it) Next time I went on there the button had gone !!! I know I saw it, because I was looking at cabins on there.

There is a virtual tour button on Azura, but not on any of the other ships, however like you I am sure there used to be, because I remember using it a few years back for Aurora. Whether this is a temporary glitch or not who knows, probably not even their IT dept.:rolleyes::cool:

I use the Community Forum now & then & I'm a bit miffed that it's going to be out of action for another week. We are on Oriana in 4 weeks time & we were using the forum to arrange a private walking tour amongst our group for one of the ports. Now we can't book anything until the forum reappears & we can see if we have the minimum of 10 persons so we can go ahead & book the tour. I also feel sorry for those already cruising who use the Group facility in the Community Forum to keep in touch with family back home. P & O will be making some money out of the Internet packages on board this week!

I use the Community Forum now & then & I'm a bit miffed that it's going to be out of action for another week. We are on Oriana in 4 weeks time & we were using the forum to arrange a private walking tour amongst our group for one of the ports. Now we can't book anything until the forum reappears & we can see if we have the minimum of 10 persons so we can go ahead & book the tour. I also feel sorry for those already cruising who use the Group facility in the Community Forum to keep in touch with family back home. P & O will be making some money out of the Internet packages on board this week!

Actually a very good point there. How many people set up private groups there so they could keep in touch with home free of charge. It wasn't just the formuns themselves as you say, plus the arranging you would like to do.

hopefully on the 14th it will be back bright and shiny new.

Actually a very good point there. How many people set up private groups there so they could keep in touch with home free of charge. It wasn't just the formuns themselves as you say, plus the arranging you would like to do.

hopefully on the 14th it will be back bright and shiny new.

Yep no doubt the new forum will be wonderful and I'll be counting the pigs flying past my window! :)

Archived