A Tropical BREEZE to Clear My Head - Photo-Heavy Review.

seannyice81

Good evening everyone.

I returned from what was an overall excellent cruise on Carnival Breeze this last Sunday.

Just a heads-up. For my last several reviews, I've been posting on my blog and here on Cruise Critic. This was actually a lot of work that really is just unnecessary so from this instance on, I will be posting links to the posts on my blog of the day-by-day review of my cruise. Don't worry, there will be no ads or need to register or anything. I will happily reply to comments and questions here as well.

Some Cliffs Notes to get the ball rolling.

-Health issues prior

-Adding a guest last minute

-Windy days

-Chefs Table/Behind the fun

-Lousy neighbors

-Hanging with the locals

-Getting "friendly" with US Customs

I hope you enjoy reading it, and as stated, feel free to ask/comment here. :cool:

Here is a sample of the photos (Most of which will be toward the middle of the review).

13cur%201%20of%201_zpsnbq6jxfk.jpg

32cur%201%20of%201_zpswbnkyutf.jpg

29cur%201%20of%201_zpslnuiv1bz.jpg

Here is the description of my issues prior to the cruise.

http://seanstravelblog.com/2015/04/07/a-tropical-breeze-to-clear-my-head/

Here is a synopsis of the first day of my vacation in which I flew down to Ft. Lauderdale.

http://seanstravelblog.com/2015/04/08/a-tropical-breeze-to-clear-my-mind-pre-cruise/

Enjoy!

I'm so looking forward to the rest of your review! I'm doing this itinerary on the Breeze in July so I am excited to hear your experiences.

I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you must have been during that sinus procedure! I am starting to have more and more difficulty even going to the dentist because I get panicky when the dentist and technician are all up in my face--I feel like I can't breathe and that kind of sets off the anxiety. It sounds like it helped eventually, so it must have been worth it for you.

Keep it up! I like having the blog links, BTW :)

So excited that you are doing this review!!!!:D:D

Sorry you had to deal with all of the medical issues.:( But it happens to the best of us. Last year before our Breeze cruise, I don't know WHAT happened to me, but no sooner did we book it, I began having the worst anxiety attacks and never figured out why.

The morning we flew out, and from that point on, I was fine.

Very weird.

Hope this gets better!!!!

Thanks again!!!!:D

Thank you all for your interest in my review. I will have Miami up in a little while :).

I'm so looking forward to the rest of your review! I'm doing this itinerary on the Breeze in July so I am excited to hear your experiences.

I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you must have been during that sinus procedure! I am starting to have more and more difficulty even going to the dentist because I get panicky when the dentist and technician are all up in my face--I feel like I can't breathe and that kind of sets off the anxiety. It sounds like it helped eventually, so it must have been worth it for you.

Keep it up! I like having the blog links, BTW :)

So excited that you are doing this review!!!!:D:D

Sorry you had to deal with all of the medical issues.:( But it happens to the best of us. Last year before our Breeze cruise, I don't know WHAT happened to me, but no sooner did we book it, I began having the worst anxiety attacks and never figured out why.

The morning we flew out, and from that point on, I was fine.

Very weird.

Hope this gets better!!!!

Thanks again!!!!:D

Thank you!

On the note of anxiety, this trip really helped me learn how to cope with anxiety issues I had been having. I have always been a person to take on a lot of responsibilities and also a person who has a tendency to "worry" more about things. After a few days in, I felt great. More on that soon!

Edited by seannyice81

Great review!!!!! Sounds like you are beginning to feel better.:D:D

Can't wait for the next installment.

Keep up the great work.

That was SO sweet of Kim to send you the OBC. Love it!

Thanks!

Loving it!

I wish I knew about the OBC - I would've ordered more beer when you were in Curacao....;)

Next time! :cool:

Hey Sean, we were on the same cruise... dont know if you remember me from our meet n greet. Love your trip report and amazing pics! Cant wait to read more, hope your feeling better!

I do remember you. There was so much going on with that ship though, that I don't think I bumped into most of you after that. Perhaps we'll cross paths again on another ship. :)

Thanks, and I'm feeling much better thanks to a combination of things. More on that in the coming days installments.

Sean, you said there was a delay in leaving due to the release of luggage for guests not on board. I don't understand how that would happen...can you elaborate, please?

I can only elaborate a little as my roommate witnessed it and I did not. I'm also not sure what the circumstances were as the cruise lines try to keep this private.

If I had to make an assumption, perhaps the guests who did not board with their luggage had an emergency of some degree to where they could not make the cruise at the last minute. Maybe there was something essential in their luggage that needed to be brought back to shore before the ship had progressed further. That's all I can speculate, but I'm sure it was a particular situation that doesn't happen often and required the actions taken. They did make an announcement that the ship had paused to keep guests informed. It was only a couple minutes before we were on our way again.

The port of Miami sent a small open-boat to retrieve the luggage. It must've been interesting for them because there was a little chop to the sea just off the Florida coast.