Transportation from LaGuardia to Cape Liberty

Hello all!

My husband and I booked cruise #2 this week (Anthem, April 21-28) and we are so excited!

We have not purchased flights yet, but we are likely going to fly into LaGuardia the morning of departure and then take some more of transportation to the port, but neither of us are familiar with the area. My question is, what is the most cost-effective and quickest way to get from the airport to the port? Uber/Lyft, taxi, shuttle, public transportation or something else?

I know it's not usually the best idea to fly in the day of, but that's looking to be the best option for us this time.

Thanks in advance!

If you are committed to flying in the same day, I strongly advise you to fly into Newark (EWR) instead. Much closer to the port and much less chance for traffic issues.

If you must fly to LGA, then you need the expert help you will find on the East Coast Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

If you are committed to flying in the same day, I strongly advise you to fly into Newark (EWR) instead. Much closer to the port and much less chance for traffic issues.

If you must fly to LGA, then you need the expert help you will find on the East Coast Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Perfect, thanks so much! I knew there had to be a forum!

LGA is under construction and is a complete mess. I wouldn’t use it for any amount of savings. There have been reports every couple of weeks of people being stuck for hours trying to get into and out of the airport. I definitely wouldn’t try to fly into LGA the day of embarkation. Save money somewhere else.

Anthem sails at 3 pm which means you must be checked in by 1:30. Way too tight a time frame to fly into LGA and be sure of getting to Cape Liberty on time. I'm seeing 2 cheap non stop United flights to EWR early morning on 4/21.

If you fly in the night before to EWR, you can get a room and round trip port transportation through Trinityreservations.com at the Ramada for $184 tax included. This is a great deal and is used by many cruisers including myself. You would likely pay more than $184 to go round trip from LGA to Cape Liberty when you include tolls and tip to say nothing about the time and overall aggravation of that trip.

Anthem sails at 3 pm which means you must be checked in by 1:30. Way too tight a time frame to fly into LGA and be sure of getting to Cape Liberty on time. I'm seeing 2 cheap non stop United flights to EWR early morning on 4/21.

If you fly in the night before to EWR, you can get a room and round trip port transportation through Trinityreservations.com at the Ramada for $184 tax included. This is a great deal and is used by many cruisers including myself. You would likely pay more than $184 to go round trip from LGA to Cape Liberty when you include tolls and tip to say nothing about the time and overall aggravation of that trip.

Wow, this was very helpful- thanks, Carol! We'll definitely have to look into Trininty Reservations. And typically we fly American (for the miles), but they don't have any flights arriving into Newark on the morning of the 21st. I'll have to show my husband those early United flights- those are definitely a great option.

I appreciate everyone's advice and suggestions so far! No LaGuardia for us!

Wow, this was very helpful- thanks, Carol! We'll definitely have to look into Trininty Reservations. And typically we fly American (for the miles), but they don't have any flights arriving into Newark on the morning of the 21st. I'll have to show my husband those early United flights- those are definitely a great option.

I appreciate everyone's advice and suggestions so far! No LaGuardia for us!

We're at the Ramada, with package booked through trinityreservations.com, now waiting for our shuttle to Cape Liberty for today's Anthem cruise. This is the fourth time we've done this with great results.

• 4 months later...
Q70 Bus to Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave, E train to World Trade Center, PATH train towards Newark (get off at Exchange Place, one stop), Light Rail to 34th St Light Rail Station.

With all your luggage? Are you nuts?