In Cozumel on Christmas Day

gamecockinnc

We will be in Cozumel on Christmas Day. We had planned to take a taxi to Chakanab but I realized it may be closed. I have emailed them asking if they closed for the holiday but was hoping to find out if anyone knew for sure. And if anyone had any other suggestions?

We are a family of 5. Myself, my husband and our 3 sons 19, 16 and our youngest will be turning 7 during this Christmas cruise.

Thank you in advance for your help.

TA

I am trying to get caught up on the options.

As I said it will be my husband, myself, our 19 year son, 16 year son and our youngest son is turning 7 during this cruise.

I read for additional $12.00 that allows access to the water floats and blow up toys,

What is the all inclusive? How much does it cost? Does it come with chairs?

If we don't do the AI is there a entrance fee and can we still rent chairs?

Do you know if there is a sandy beach area for our youngest one?

Any info would be great!

Will you be on the Magic?

Thanks so much!

No problem. We will be on the Magic! Our first Christmas cruise. The all inclusive is $55 for adults and includes food, drinks, kayaks, chairs and table and loungers. It is less for children under 17, can't remember off the top of my head but the info is all on the website. The aqua park (inflatables) was so worth the $12 for us, we have four children and they all loved it. Last time we went we did not do the all inclusive just the aqua park and we had loungers there was no charge to be on the beach. We decided this time with it being a longer day and a special day we would splurge for the all inclusive, really looked to be worth it the last time we were there. My 7 year old loved the beach and was able to play in the sand, he had even brought little sand toys with him. If you need more information they are very good at getting back to you via Facebook or email.

The national Parks are not open on Sundays so I am not sure about Christmas Day. There is a contact email on their website and they were good about answering my questions previously.

Chankanaab, Sanchos and Paradise Beach all have good, well-maintained websites. Paradise Beach says it is open 365 days a year. it has a $3pp entrance fee and minimum food and drink charge of $10pp. Water sport bracelet is $18pp. Good clean facilities and great pool.

Sanchos usually has options of PAYG or AI, but sometimes it restricts PAYG. All members of group must choose same option. AI has choice of more pools and reserved area. There are some food and drink items that are not available on AI.

• 3 months later...
No problem. We will be on the Magic! Our first Christmas cruise. The all inclusive is $55 for adults and includes food, drinks, kayaks, chairs and table and loungers. It is less for children under 17, can't remember off the top of my head but the info is all on the website. The aqua park (inflatables) was so worth the $12 for us, we have four children and they all loved it. Last time we went we did not do the all inclusive just the aqua park and we had loungers there was no charge to be on the beach. We decided this time with it being a longer day and a special day we would splurge for the all inclusive, really looked to be worth it the last time we were there. My 7 year old loved the beach and was able to play in the sand, he had even brought little sand toys with him. If you need more information they are very good at getting back to you via Facebook or email.

I apologize I just checked back and saw your reply. This was at Mr. Sabchos's correct? Did you book online?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I will be in Cozumel on Christmas Day 2018 on the NCL Breakaway. I would like to know others experiences with excursions on that day. Were things closed?

We had a blast! My husband, myself and our 3 sons (19, 16, 7) took a taxi to

Mr. Sancho’s. We paid the minimal entrance fee and were told we had to spend $10.00 ( I think it was $10.00). We bought water passes fir the 3 boys. We arrived around 10:00 am and we’re among the first ones there. We spent the entire day there and had lunch. Their water toys were in great shape and they had a lot. Everything was clean. There was a dock to the left you could walk out on and snorkel off of. We took our youngest sons own life jacket and snorkel mask/snorkel. You can rent everything there if needed.

My only complaint was you couldn’t get in the ocean and wash off, cool off or swim if you didn’t have a water bracelet. [emoji848] They do have the pool you can use but we were there for the beach.

We did walk and came across another bar/restaurant with water toys down from Mr. Sancho’s but in my opinion the water toys didn’t look as nice at all. And that was important to us.

Depending on how long you plan to stay. If you will be drinking alcohol and eating lunch you may want to price the all inclusive option.

I thought it would be crowded but it wasn’t. We’ve been to Cozumel MANY MANY TIMES and I have to say this was a great way to spend the day and spend Christmas Day! We took a taxi back to the port and my husband and sons got back on the ship and I shopped for a bit. And yes everything was open.

Below are some pictures from our day. Have a great cruise! My close friend and I try to take our late in life gifts (we both have little boys who just turned 7 ❤️) on trips every spring break. We are considering the Breakaway for next Spring break. Have you sailed on her before?

e5a40fa2a49298c6f533e01075c2eda2.jpg902446e3ec0cf0844f3cdcd8f63d6369.jpg4036d208e29961df363ca50a92a1840a.jpgbb8de071955fd6567af3b55458cd434e.jpg439cd07d24a70b231150012a8eb01fdc.jpg

Edited by gamecockinnc

You sure you went to Sanchos? :confused: No admission fee that I've heard of on the non-AI side at Mr. Sanchos. Paradise Beach does charge a $3 admission fee and asks all visitors to spend at least $10 each on food/drinks.

You sure you went to Sanchos? [emoji782] No admission fee that I've heard of on the non-AI side at Mr. Sanchos. Paradise Beach does charge a $3 admission fee and asks all visitors to spend at least $10 each on food/drinks.

Omg! I think you’re right! This time was Paradise Beach. Blonde moment. Thank you for politely correcting me. [emoji51][emoji1303]

But we enjoyed Paradise Beach a lot. It was our first time there. 🤣

Omg! I think you’re right! This time was Paradise Beach. Blonde moment. Thank you for politely correcting me. [emoji51][emoji1303]

But we enjoyed Paradise Beach a lot. It was our first time there. 🤣

I have never heard that people couldn’t swim in the ocean there if you weren’t using the water toys? That would be really annoying.

We were in Coz for Christmas Eve 2016. We had a 9 hour day then one of the Carnival excursions was delayed getting back due to a boat having mechanic failure so it turned into 11 hours. We rented a car and drove around the island. Saw lots of Christmas pinatas outside homes, the piers and the plaza were all decorated. Because we were delayed leaving it was way past dark and it was beautiful seeing the holiday lights as we cruised by. That was one of the best Christmas Eves ever.

I have never heard that people couldn’t swim in the ocean there if you weren’t using the water toys? That would be really annoying.

It's usually folks "swimming" near the water toys without a wrist band that is the issue. Never had a problem enjoying the rest of the beach while my kids wore themselves out on the water toys. ;)

We sailed into Cozumel December 25, 2017. I was concerned if places would be open. We had made online reservations with Nachi Cocum so knew that was OK but did not know about other areas.

From what we were told, December 24th is the big Christmas celebration. We docked early and sure enough, around 9 or after, you could see traffic on the main road in the downtown area. Hopped in a taxi and did not see too much closed.

If there is a specific beach, restaurant or attraction that is important, find their email and contact them.

We had a great day!

It's usually folks "swimming" near the water toys without a wrist band that is the issue. Never had a problem enjoying the rest of the beach while my kids wore themselves out on the water toys. ;)

That was what I had always understood. Surprised PP reported a problem.

It was annoying and it happened to my husband and myself. We didn’t purchase the water toy bracelets. I finally had enough and told the “worker/guard” that I was going in the water just a short distance to take some pictures of our sons who did have water bracelets. And I was going to wash off some sand and cool down. He tried to stop me again and direct me to the pool and the waiter who had been serving us all day said something to him which must have been to back off because we had spent a good amount and I am sure he didn’t want it effecting his tips. Which btw we wouldn’t have done.

But he was very “insistent” before this especially towards my husband. And even after our waiter intervened the VERY few times we did go in the water (NOT EVEN close to the water toys) he would stand on the beach and watch us. And again It wasn’t as if he caught us near the water toys as you can tell from the pictures I posted they were taken further away. Since our 2 eldest sons are quite a bit older than our youngest son we watched from shore as they enjoyed the water toys with him and served as helpers and lifeguards if needed.

Even with that hiccup we still had a really amazing day. And fun Christmas Day! It wouldn’t put me off returning at all!

Edited by gamecockinnc

• 4 weeks later...