Bayonne/Cape Liberty Terminal

Bayonne port used to require a short shuttle bus ride from the check-in building to the ship. I thought I read there was a new terminal since Quantum class came to Bayonne. Does anybody know if you can just walk onboard after check-in or is there still the shuttle bus?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Bayonne port used to require a short shuttle bus ride from the check-in building to the ship. I thought I read there was a new terminal since Quantum class came to Bayonne. Does anybody know if you can just walk onboard after check-in or is there still the shuttle bus?

In 2014, a new terminal and new parking garage were opened. It is NOTHING like your most recent experience.

No shuttle bus after check in. After you check in you waiit until they announce boarding has started. Or if you arrive after boarding has started, you just take the escalator up.

No shuttle bus after check in. After you check in you waiit until they announce boarding has started. Or if you arrive after boarding has started, you just take the escalator up.

Are there elevators as well?

What I liked most of all with the new terminal is the departure waiting lounge. No more waiting outside (unless you want to) in the elements if you are waiting on a private pick-up and you debarked earlier than you scheduled the ride for.

Wondering how crowded it is now with 3 ships in Bayonne for the summer season.

We were on the first Summit sailing out of Bayonne on April 27, and they used the out door parking lot across from the terminal. Also on the first Adventure sailing on May 11, also used the out door parking lot when leaving they also used parking spaces to the left of the parking garage, the big white canopy buildings. It seems like the Anthem (departs on Saturday) passengers get to use the parking terminal because they were there before any other ships arrived and The Summit(departs on Sunday) gets second for parking lot across from terminal and the Adventure (departs on Friday)gets whats left over. Going back on the Summit on May 27, so I will see if any thing has changed

Question, we are driving to Cape Liberty in June for our 7 day cruise. Do you just proceed to the parking area or do you drop you luggage off first? Also, when arriving do they take you tagged luggage or do you take it inside when you check in? We have done our online check-in and have our tags.

Wondering how crowded it is now with 3 ships in Bayonne for the summer season.

There is never more than one ship in port at a time. Parking is a little tighter with three ships, but by the time passengers for your sailing arrive those from the previous sailing should all be gone creating adequate space in the garage and lots.

How early can new passengers arrive on embarkation day? We like to get on the ship early, maybe 10:30? This is for Anthem...

Early is good. Got there at 10:30 for Anthem last June and there were already 500+ ahead of us. Embarkation commenced at 11am and it took us 45 minutes to get on board.

Question, we are driving to Cape Liberty in June for our 7 day cruise. Do you just proceed to the parking area or do you drop you luggage off first? Also, when arriving do they take you tagged luggage or do you take it inside when you check in? We have done our online check-in and have our tags.

You drop your luggage off first,all tagged luggage the porters will take from you, then proceed to the parking garage and if the garage is full they will tell you where to go to park. If you have handicap license plate (not handicap window plaque) you can ask and they will put you in the parking garage might have to park 3 / 4 levels up but it might be easier then walking to the outside lot

Early is good. Got there at 10:30 for Anthem last June and there were already 500+ ahead of us. Embarkation commenced at 11am and it took us 45 minutes to get on board.

Good to know. On our past cruises with Carnival, they won't allow you in the doors if you're there too early.

The porters take your luggage when you pull up to the curb outside. (or if you opt to go straight to the garage, when you roll up with the bags) I can't recall ANY cruise terminal where you check your bags inside.

How early can new passengers arrive on embarkation day? We like to get on the ship early, maybe 10:30? This is for Anthem...

That's a good time. It's not unusual for boarding to start at 10:45. The worst that will happen, if boarding is delayed, is that you will sit in the waiting area until they call you to board.

What I liked most of all with the new terminal is the departure waiting lounge. No more waiting outside (unless you want to) in the elements if you are waiting on a private pick-up and you debarked earlier than you scheduled the ride for.

Is this departure lounge something new? Whenever we've cruised out of Port Liberty, once off the ship and through customs, we had to exit the terminal and go outside to wait for our private car.

Is this departure lounge something new? Whenever we've cruised out of Port Liberty, once off the ship and through customs, we had to exit the terminal and go outside to wait for our private car.

That's my question as well. There used to be a separate departure lounge area outside the terminal, but it didn't meet the fire code and had to be demolished. It was definitely not there in February, which was a huge dissatisfier for folks waiting for transportation in the frigid weather. There were some heated buses for folks to wait in, but they were not well marked. Merion Mom posted that she waited outside in the cold for 20 minutes before she discovered them.

You drop your luggage off first,all tagged luggage the porters will take from you, then proceed to the parking garage and if the garage is full they will tell you where to go to park. If you have handicap license plate (not handicap window plaque) you can ask and they will put you in the parking garage might have to park 3 / 4 levels up but it might be easier then walking to the outside lot

Just to make sure I understand since I’ll be cruising from Bayonne in August. Are you saying I can drop off the luggage with the porters before parking the car in the garage or after?

Just to make sure I understand since I’ll be cruising from Bayonne in August. Are you saying I can drop off the luggage with the porters before parking the car in the garage or after?

I dropped mine before I went into the garage to park. You drop off your luggage in front of the terminal and the garage is right next to it.