Anthem in october

:confused::confused:Sailing in October on the ANTHEM to Canada and wondering what type of clothes i should bring weather wise? Are shorts and tee shirts needed that time of year or should i stick to jeans, pull over shirts and sweatsuits:confused:

Was on one couple of years back where dw packed for cool weather but ran into heat wave with temps over 90. She failed to pack enough short sleeve blouses and ended up purchasing some cheap "Boston Strong" ones during port call. Didn't go over well with friends back in NY.

As Bob said, layers. We were freezing, thinking that September was going to be warm. Nope. Chilly and rainy. Had to purchase sweatshirts at our first port. (not cheap).

Hahahah....just saw that you live in Wayne. My husband was the Director of Fairfield for 27 years.

Guest maddycat

We were on the 9 night Oct. 12, 2017 Canada/New England Anthem cruise. It was very cold out on deck, on the tender in Bar Harbor and walking along the sea front in Portland, Halifax and St. John. Strong winds off of the water made it seem colder than it actually was. We wore long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts and fleece jackets in Portland, Halifax and St. John. In Boston and Bar Harbor it was raining and a bit warmer so we were able to get away with long sleeve t-shirts and lined windbreakers.

Edited by maddycat

Champagne123 are you still in the Fairfield NJ area? It really is a small world! Thanks all for the info on clothes so i guess we will have to pack a little of everything

Champagne123 are you still in the Fairfield NJ area? It really is a small world! Thanks all for the info on clothes so i guess we will have to pack a little of everything

Hi! No, we moved up to Panther Valley....LOVE it up here. Seeing bears and deer in your backyard every morning is spectacular. :)

We have done several Canada/NE's over the years and travel to Boston and Bar Harbor in October. No predicting. The range you can encounter will be from low 50's to low 80's during the day. No matter what the daytime temps, it will drop into the 40's at night.

I agree about the weather, I was also on the 10/12 sailing but did wear shorts most days. Even a smaller world than you think. I am a neighbor of both of you, I live in Rockaway.

Hahahaha..this is a riot. We lived in Rockaway, when my husband was working in Fairfield. We were there for many years... We lived on Upper Mountain Rd....around the block from the lake.