Deck choice

tennislvr8

We currently have a Jr suite on the 12th floor. It is the start of the hump cabin. We have the chance to switch to the 9th floor in a cabin that is in middle of the hump. I love to sleep w the balcony door open and hear the ocean sounds. Which floor/cabin would be better for this?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We currently have a Jr suite on the 12th floor. It is the start of the hump cabin. We have the chance to switch to the 9th floor in a cabin that is in middle of the hump. I love to sleep w the balcony door open and hear the ocean sounds. Which floor/cabin would be better for this?

TIA

See your identical thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2566340

I personally think you should opt for deck # 9 mid-hump if still available (our favorite JS location on several RCI ships).

I believe leaving the balcony door open will shut off your ac...how it would affect other cabins near you is a mystery to me.

Leaving your balcony door open means you're hearing WIND..not the ocean, and you are screwing up the AC or heat for everyone in your vicinity. Close your door, please. If you wish to ocean gaze, go onto the balcony!

Hmmm...interesting....so will those near by get more or less ac ?.... I actually am more concerned about bugs (gnats, flys & mosq)....not sure if there might be any out at sea....but I tend to always keep my balcony door shut.

Hmmm...interesting....so will those near by get more or less ac ?.... I actually am more concerned about bugs (gnats, flys & mosq)....not sure if there might be any out at sea....but I tend to always keep my balcony door shut.

Here's an explanation:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52849870&postcount=7

Great article That is why the on the newer ships like the Ovation the ac will not work if the balcony door is not closed and locked down. The thermostat would not allow you to set the temperatures.

Not the same on the older ships like the Mariner.