NCL Well Known Cruise Directors

DreamingBig1

I love Julie. I think she has just the right amount of involvement on board. She's not over the top, but she's not non existent either. She's been the CD while I was on the Pearl and the Breakaway. I did meet her and chat with her briefly, and she seems like a genuinely nice person.

I was also a fan of Matt Baker! Wiki wiki wah!

Agree with this. She was on my first NCL cruise on the Breakaway. Thoroughly enjoyed her - her presence around the ship, ALWAYS said hello in passing, approachable, but not too over the top for me. She was a good "face" for the company. Can't wait to cruise on the Escape with her as the CD in April.

Sinai was our very favorite. He was the only CD who actually talked to us everyday. Our next favorite was Kirk Benning, on Carnival Pride in 2010. He was hilarious! We did like Nacho. Julie was nice too. But the latter two never really talked to us, only to say hello,even though they passed us numerous times. However, I must give Julie cudos for her wardrobe. Wish it was mine!

Andy Steinhauser was my all time favorite cruise director. The most fun I have ever had on a cruise was on our first sailing of the Epic with Andy as CD. He was everywhere all the time and it seemed like all the staff was really enjoying themselves and their jobs which made it that much more enjoyable for the passengers.

Tom Hopkins was cruise director on the Jewel last week.

I could never understand why he felt the need to shout

and yell like hell in every presentation he did!!!

I think he would feel more at home on a Carnival ship.

We had him twice on the Jewel as an Asst Cruise Director, I totally agree!

• 1 year later...
I have cruised w Big Ken, Dan Dan and Julie. I have actually cruised several times w Julie as the CD. I actually get a kick out of her joie de vivre approach. It cannot be easy dealing w 1000s of people, most who only open their mouths to eat and moan!

The little girls on the ship also LOVED her and it was endearing to see them "look up" to her.

If NCL is reading, Julie is great.

Oh and

Anyone know what ship she is on these days?

We truly liked Ian also. His magic show was great. He was easygoing and talked to us about what his story was. His asst. CD Kristine, was a doll. She talked with us about her life and was so caring when someone got hurt. She went and checked on her repeatedly. They certainly made the evenings fun and that's the point, right?

He no longer works for NCL, but Paul Scally was the best CD I have ever had on a ship. I know back in the day he was pretty polarizing here on CC, but since having him as my CD on the Spirit, I was firmly in the pro-Scally camp.

Next time I'm ever back in Vegas, I will be sure to try and look his show there up.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

We had the privilege to cruise with CD Gary (trying to recall last name) twice on the Jade. He was truly the best of all directors. He made the announcements in several languages, sang in Italian in the Italian restaurant, sang in French in Le Bistro, gave an author talk on his book, gave port talks, held Sunday services, had a Christmas carol celebration and more. I would sail on any ship with Gary as CD. He had previously been head of all CDs at Costa. Unfortunately he is no longer at sea.

On most cruises we've taken I could not tell you who the CD was, just as the only hotel director I remember was the fabulous Tony we sailed with on the Star one year

On NCL, Dingo Dave is my favorite.

All time favorite is Malcolm “whoo who” Burns on CCL.

I was on the RCI Oasis last year, coincidentally was berthed next to a CCL ship that was preparing to leave- the crowd was cheering and having a fabulous time. I was intrigued because I found the Oasis experience to be quite boring, so I looked up the CD on the ship that appeared to be having so much more fun- yup, it was Malcolm!

We had the privilege to cruise with CD Gary (trying to recall last name) twice on the Jade. He was truly the best of all directors. He made the announcements in several languages, sang in Italian in the Italian restaurant, sang in French in Le Bistro, gave an author talk on his book, gave port talks, held Sunday services, had a Christmas carol celebration and more. I would sail on any ship with Gary as CD. He had previously been head of all CDs at Costa. Unfortunately he is no longer at sea.

On most cruises we've taken I could not tell you who the CD was, just as the only hotel director I remember was the fabulous Tony we sailed with on the Star one year

Gary Glading - had an animal sanctuary in Italy IIRC.

Same here. I have never taken note of who the CD was on a cruise. Gary was the only one that's been memorable. He was in a class all his own.

I really like Andre who just moved from the Escape to the Getaway. He isnt for everyone but his sarcasm is so funny during the game shows, etc. I dont know how these folks keep up that amount of energy all the time. They are bound to have off days like the rest of us. But the show must go on.