De Palm Island worth the money?

GetMeToTheSpa

I am only hesitant because I fear there is more we can see in Aruba that we'll miss if we spend the bulk of our day at De Palm Island. If our kids were joining us on this trip I wouldn't hesitate to book this, but since its just the two of us this time, I'm having additional thoughts about this one.

Then again, we really enjoyed Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, so thought this "all inclusive" experience would be nice especially since it appears that snorkeling and water sports are included in the ticket price along with food and beverages.

I would also like to get in some shopping while in town, which I assume is near the port? Please advise on that too :-)

Thank you!

Without kids, I don't think it would be worth it. It's pretty expensive and crowded. If you want an all inclusive, check out Barcelo and Riu hotels, along with Reflextions Beach Club.They have to be booked in advance, or you can go to one of the beaches and rent chairs and umbrellas. The best shopping is on the streets behind the front street. There is a trolley that runs back and forth to the shopping areas.

On cruise day depalm will be crowded. Nothing in aruba is like Mexico.

When we were in aruba for our first time via cruise we did an island tour. Used ABC Jeep tours for half a day back to the ship to clean up and have lunch then a cab to the high rise and the Hilton where we spend the rest of the afternoon.

was a great day and we have been back to Aruba for land vacations since