Labadee -- too much?

ostrich710

Hi, everyone!

We will be in Labadee on the Allure in December -- 9:30 - 6pm. Our top priority on this stop is jet skiing, although we'd really like to add the zip line in as well.

After reading a recent review of the beach beds, I think they'd be an awesome home-base and relaxing spot. We don't want to have to hunt for loungers or be amongst huge crowds. But do we have too much going on on Labadee to enjoy them? It doesn't seem like the proximity for either of these two activities is super close to the beach beds, either. What do you think?

Thanks!

Laura

We were on the Oasis in April and did the zip line and parasailing excursions, it took about 4 hours to do both throw in an hour for lunch and we didn't have a lot of time to relax on the beach. You will have to be onboard 1/2 hour before departure. So look at how long your planned excursions are throw in an hour for lunch then determine if your remaining time is worth it to rent one of the cabanas/beds.

The beach beds are on the opposite end of the peninsula from the jet ski excursion, but the are located directly under the zip line. There will be a fair amount of back and forth if those are your home base. There is no hunting for loungers on Labadee; they are everywhere. If it were me, I would forego the beach beds and just set up a temp home base by whatever activity you happen to be doing.

Awesome! Thanks for all the quick replies -- I think we will skip the beach bed and save a little money, since it doesn't sound like we'll have a ton of time to enjoy it. Also good to hear that we won't have trouble finding loungers. Thanks, everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

The bugalows are sold out in Columbus Cove for my trip. I am smiling on the Harmony. I was worried if I did not rent a bed, bugalow, or claim shell..that I would be outbid luck for sitting options. We want to be near Columbus because it is close to the slide and water park. How early do you have to get off the ship to secure enough chairs for 6 people?

The bugalows are sold out in Columbus Cove for my trip. I am smiling on the Harmony. I was worried if I did not rent a bed, bugalow, or claim shell..that I would be outbid luck for sitting options. We want to be near Columbus because it is close to the slide and water park. How early do you have to get off the ship to secure enough chairs for 6 people?

You're on a big ship. If you want a good location at CC for six people, I would get off on the earlier side. The longer you wait, the farther back from the water park you'll be. They cram a lot of loungers in at CC so getting one usually isn't a problem, but being in a good location and not being on top of your neighbors could be, if you wait too long to get off the ship.

You're on a big ship. If you want a good location at CC for six people, I would get off on the earlier side. The longer you wait, the farther back from the water park you'll be. They cram a lot of loungers in at CC so getting one usually isn't a problem, but being in a good location and not being on top of your neighbors could be, if you wait too long to get off the ship.

What time does it normally become crowded? If we get off soon after it docks and get on by say 12 or 1 so we can eat lunch on the ship. Would we avoid the major crowds? I was thinking, Harmony is such a big ship that maybe I should take advantage short lines for the zip line, waterslides, etc ..when others are enjoying Labbadee. We are from Seattle, so the heat in Haiti can be intense for us. That is why I rented a cabana. Maybe I will release the cabana, go with a game plan to get on Labaddee early, knock out the water sides and aqua park and swim time before lunch. Then avoid the lines for lunch on Labaddee and eat in air conditioning on the ship. Then take advantage of short lines on the Harmony.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan? Or do the crowds return to the ship by 1?

What time does it normally become crowded? If we get off soon after it docks and get on by say 12 or 1 so we can eat lunch on the ship. Would we avoid the major crowds? I was thinking, Harmony is such a big ship that maybe I should take advantage short lines for the zip line, waterslides, etc ..when others are enjoying Labbadee. We are from Seattle, so the heat in Haiti can be intense for us. That is why I rented a cabana. Maybe I will release the cabana, go with a game plan to get on Labaddee early, knock out the water sides and aqua park and swim time before lunch. Then avoid the lines for lunch on Labaddee and eat in air conditioning on the ship. Then take advantage of short lines on the Harmony.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan? Or do the crowds return to the ship by 1?

We were on Oasis and got off around 11am. By the time we got to Columbus Cove, we were in the very last row of loungers, near the road (and within shouting distance of the vendors). It was literally lounger-to-lounger in that area. If you rented a cabana though, you don't have to worry about rushing off because it's reserved for you, right?

If you want to be situated near the water park (and find some shade) I agree with your idea to get off early and do that and then head back to the ship for lunch (the lunch on Labadee is just "meh" so you're not missing anything). I don't think you'd see crowds of people coming back to the ship until closer to the "all aboard" time unless the weather wasn't great.

We were on Oasis and got off around 11am. By the time we got to Columbus Cove, we were in the very last row of loungers, near the road (and within shouting distance of the vendors). It was literally lounger-to-lounger in that area. If you rented a cabana though, you don't have to worry about rushing off because it's reserved for you, right?

If you want to be situated near the water park (and find some shade) I agree with your idea to get off early and do that and then head back to the ship for lunch (the lunch on Labadee is just "meh" so you're not missing anything). I don't think you'd see crowds of people coming back to the ship until closer to the "all aboard" time unless the weather wasn't great.

Thank You sooo much.

I cancelled my Cabana on Nellie and booked the SandBar excursion which was on sale today. (kids are $9) The excursion leaves at 10am and returns at 12am. We booked the water park for 100pm e will head back to the ship by 2 and take advantage of a half empty ship. The cruise leaves at 6pm. I felt bad giving up our cabana, but I think the sandbar experience will make up for it.