CEO Andy Stuart

www3traveler

Good Morning All,

On another website this morning Andy Stuart posted that TODAY marks his 30th ANNIVERSARY with Norwegian.

WOW!!!

Thank you Andy for your dedicated service to Norwegian and Best Wishes

Mandy

Thanks for sharing. My day just got a little brighter..

Thanks for sharing. My day just got a little brighter..

Now if it had been about that FDR character - well my mama said if you can't say nice things about

someone not to say anything at all - - -

Andy Stuart - OK Happy Anniversary

But I still wish that that Sheehan guy was still around !

now if it had been about that fdr character - well my mama said if you can't say nice things about

andy stuart - ok happy anniversary

but i still wish that that sheehan guy was still around !

agreed!

would like to drink a beer one day with him and talk about NCL....

best wishes

and don´t forget your loyal customer, it is not all about making the most money......

Actually, when the stock went public, it is. However, making the most money still has to factor in some happy customers to make that most money happen.

Happy to hear this: happy anniversary Andy. You have been through some interesting and often challenging times with NCL> Keep up the good work.

And for those who are not happy with some of the FDR decisions. After I got over some of the shock, I really am pretty happy with the changes that have been made. I think NCL is a better line than it was 10 years ago to be truthful. :cool:

Now if it had been about that FDR character - well my mama said if you can't say nice things about

Are you sure I wasn't being nice ?

I totally agree with you. I am platinum on NCL and used to do two or three NCL cruises a year, but since FDR came aboard and Sheehan left, I have not sailed with NCL as I did not care for the changes they were making. I know some people do like the changes made but I didn't care for them so I voted with my feet. Congratulations to Andy for his 30th anniversary.

Happy (belated) anniversary to Andy.

I've met him a few times on ships and at a junket in NYC when they re-branded the Haven by Norwegian with Kevin Sheehan. If Andy goes, NCL will never be the same. There's very few who have put more into the company than Andy. Klaus comes to mind and Camille is always there for her agent side of the house. The true workhorses of NCL!

I'm another NCL cruiser who has been alienated by FDR. I've been dabbling in other cruise lines this year because the NCL I knew and loved has been tinkered with to the point where loyalty means nothing or next to now.

Happy (belated) anniversary to Andy.

I've met him a few times on ships and at a junket in NYC when they re-branded the Haven by Norwegian with Kevin Sheehan. If Andy goes, NCL will never be the same. There's very few who have put more into the company than Andy. Klaus comes to mind and Camille is always there for her agent side of the house. The true workhorses of NCL!

I'm another NCL cruiser who has been alienated by FDR. I've been dabbling in other cruise lines this year because the NCL I knew and loved has been tinkered with to the point where loyalty means nothing or next to now.

As a fairly new cruiser (1 with Carnival, 1 with Norwegian, and 1 upcoming with Norwegian) What are the negative changes between the past and the present Norwegian cruise line.

So what is all the hate towards Del Rio about. I’ve seen posts like this before, but no real explanation is ever given.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

he basically wants to try to NCL which is a mass market cruise for almost everyone to be like other fancier brands like Oceani, Regent and so on.

As a fairly new cruiser (1 with Carnival, 1 with Norwegian, and 1 upcoming with Norwegian) What are the negative changes between the past and the present Norwegian cruise line.

For me, and i have been cruising NCL about 25 years, it is a good, bad and now good again line. There was a time about 20 years ago, for about 10 years or so when, in my opinion it went down hill. The ships were old, they were purchased from other lines or leased, etc. Then things started to turn around when the ships were all built pretty much for NCL and certainly for free style dining. The down side for many, is the cost changes FDR has made: adding a charge for room service, the cost of DSC, are 2 examples of added costs people do not like. another complaint we hear is the cut back on the latitude party food and door prizes. We have never been on a cruise line that offers anything much different. some do offer better receptions, mostly not and how cruises for the free booze we might get for 1 hour? What they often do not understand, many lines are following their example. What he has done, in my opinion is try and upgrade the line a little. For some reason others do not see it this way. There have been a couple of cut backs I am not crazy over: I do think the MDR has gone down hill a bit but the other lines seem to have the same story to tell. And I do thing the DSC has gotten a bit too high.

Edited by newmexicoNita

So what is all the hate towards Del Rio about. I’ve seen posts like this before, but no real explanation is ever given.

A lot of changes that Andy Stuart put into place, folks want to blame on Del Rio because they don't understand how corporations are run. It's cool to like Andy, so if they don't like a change, they have to blame the other guy. I'm of the school that thinks the place is much better since Sheehan has been out as CEO and Andy has been in as CEO.