Who wears Speedo's on their cruise?

WinnieinWA

I lived in Europe for the past 10 years, so speedos are commonplace at the beach or pool, although not as commonplace as in the 90's. Never understood the negativity in the U.S. generated by speedos but I can almost understand when I see the typical American tourist in Europe...fat, bald, with a goatee, wearing running shoes, baggy shorts falling off the butt, printed t-shirt and baseball cap. I guess if I looked like that, wearing speedo would be nasty site. Fortunately I don't look like that, so I wear a speedo.

I lived in Europe for the past 10 years, so speedos are commonplace at the beach or pool, although not as commonplace as in the 90's. Never understood the negativity in the U.S. generated by speedos but I can almost understand when I see the typical American tourist in Europe...fat, bald, with a goatee, wearing running shoes, baggy shorts falling off the butt, printed t-shirt and baseball cap. I guess if I looked like that, wearing speedo would be nasty site. Fortunately I don't look like that, so I wear a speedo.

I think your description is an unfair stereotype of American men. But if it makes you feel superior....:rolleyes:

I live in a beach resort and we have many European and Canadian visitors. We appreciate that they want to come to our beautiful beaches and enjoy their vacations here, regardless of what style of dress they wear!

I personally don't like speedos on any shape or nationality, but that is just my opinion and I won't disparage an entire nation's gender because of it!:confused:

Has anyone been watching the show Alphas on Syfy? They just had the season finale. David Strathairn plays a psychiatrist and he swims to relieve back pain. He's had a few scenes in a speedo, my goodness. I tried to find a photo or video to link - haven't seen it yet. The man is older than my parents (just by a year;)) but oh my goodness, I do love to see him swimming......

Edited by Hoyaheel

I have a habit of looking through old topics that I havent seen yet, and im sorry if I bring this topic back up to front. Since I know how most of you cant stand it..:D. Anyhow, Im a fan of Speedos to which ive been wearing them since my early 20s, and still today. Im a 48 yo male, to most of you consider one "of those types" that fall into the middle age group that most "dont like to see" in a Speedo. Attatched are a couple pics taken of me a few weeks ago (July 2011) while at lake near my home. You be the judge..LOL. I guess I cant be that bad, considering ive worn them on every cruise and every public beach and i havent seen myself filmed on the internet yet (for sarcastic reasons). Isnt that the reason why people take pics of other strangers in Speedos, because they dont look good wearing them? particularly older?.

David... although you're good-looking and in great shape...I hate the banana hammocks on you...

Sorry...JMHO!

Incidentally...we live in Acworth too! :)

You woulnt be dissapointed if you saw me... LOL.

Wife and daughter observed a 300 pound plus man in speedos on beach during our last cruise.After he jiggled and labored past them my daughter

turned to my wife and exclaimed " I saw him first " :eek:

Bwahahahaaa, sounds like me and my friends/relatives......"that's my boyfriend, I know you're jealous"........I wonder if guys do that about women they don't find attractive? Fair is fair!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I think that one should wear what makes you feel happy and confortable, I use a speedo on my european cruises and in fact I don't mind if someone likes it or dislikes it... I'm confortable wearing it and that's what counts for me, and I'm not european I'm a latinamerican guy.

Wear what makes you feel good and don't bother thinking if it will like some else or not.

Just my opinion.

Thought I'd lighten up this forum but will probably be sent to the "Lounge"

So:

What type of cabins do speedo wearers book?

What are they thinking??????????????

Do you look?

Do you look away and laugh till you're sick?

Do you look and grieve?

LOL I personally think speedo's are worse than chair hogs! They really hurt my eyes!!!

OK.. what do you think is appropriate for men to wear in public to the main pool that includes women, teens and children?

I had a tankini that was speedo brand a few years ago. It had good coverage for a gal in late middle age. so you see, Speedos is a brand actually-not a style.

However, I do agree-those skimpy suits on men are gross-especially older out of shape men. better shaped men, they just look indecent.They belong at swimming tournaments and nowhere else.

I have a habit of looking through old topics that I havent seen yet, and im sorry if I bring this topic back up to front. Since I know how most of you cant stand it..:D. Anyhow, Im a fan of Speedos to which ive been wearing them since my early 20s, and still today. Im a 48 yo male, to most of you consider one "of those types" that fall into the middle age group that most "dont like to see" in a Speedo. Attatched are a couple pics taken of me a few weeks ago (July 2011) while at lake near my home. You be the judge..LOL. I guess I cant be that bad, considering ive worn them on every cruise and every public beach and i havent seen myself filmed on the internet yet (for sarcastic reasons). Isnt that the reason why people take pics of other strangers in Speedos, because they dont look good wearing them? particularly older?.

David, I would never take photos of strangers unknown to them. I find that an invasion of privacy. On another message board/ forum that has a long running topic about this with many pics people had taken of people they did not know I complained to the mods about that thread. They saw nothing wrong with it-but I wonder if someone recognized themselves and sued them- if they would see things differently.

You need to realize, as a rule (always exceptions) men and women see things differently. Most men enjoy seeing unknown women's endowments exposed, but many women do not want to see how well endowed some male stranger is. If it is her lover in privacy, yes, that is different-but John Doe on the beach-no.

What all people need to realize, on cruises there are many children. That is why I find it inappropriate by the pool. You are in close proximity. On the beach, parents can take their family further away. It is hard to do that on a cruise ship.

Why would someone feel the need to brag about how good they look in a speedo and make it public knowledge. Weird.

Those that brag are probably their own (and only) best fans!:rolleyes: I try to read while laying in the sun, these guys help me focus on the book!:p

My dad is famous for wearing speedos at his backyard pool and to do yard work. Always has as long as I can remember. Lately for family gatherings he has worn regular trunks. My dad and I are set to sail early december. My fear on this cruise that he will decide to wear it around the pool. I am hoping my mother talks him out of bringing it or I can find it and toss it overboard. lol.

Live and let live, I say.

If you want to wear a speedo, go for it! If i don't like it, I can look the other way .

So sick and tired of ppl judging people.. wear what makes you happy

That is a very good attitude.:)

In Europe they are very common place and it is only youngsters that wear the swimming shorts down to their knees and people take the same attitude about older guys looking daft in those longer shorts.

I too say live and let live. BTW, I am going to wear a bikini until I am 100!:eek:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Come to Australia... it's a speedo-wearers paradise !! :D

Some great viewing on Bondi Beach. I felt like my head was on a spinner. Very nice.

But please, if you insist on wearing one of those, make sure the elastic still works. Nothing like Ping and Pong popping out.

Edited by kitty9

I think Speedo dude is stuck on himself. LOL

Those that brag are probably their own (and only) best fans!:rolleyes: I try to read while laying in the sun, these guys help me focus on the book!:p

• 4 weeks later...
David... although you're good-looking and in great shape...I hate the banana hammocks on you...

Sorry...JMHO!

Incidentally...we live in Acworth too! :)

Unless you do allot of boating on lake Allatoona and launch at Galts Ferry.. Then there is no chance you will see me in my "gross" speedo. Allatoona can be a big lake when only one boat out of thousands will have a Speedo on it.. Wish i can say same thing about all the gross women in bikinis I see out there on weekends. Ever think about that?

After reading most comments here. I see that most of you (females) are offended of what us guys wears.. And thinking that im stuck up on myself.. Whatever that means... Im so sorry you feel that way. Since im only taking cruises once a yr now. I guess Ill start going on adult and all gay cruises for now on, that way I wont offend some women and kids.. to which there wont be any on those cruises.. At least Speedos are more accepted there.

David, I would never take photos of strangers unknown to them. I find that an invasion of privacy. On another message board/ forum that has a long running topic about this with many pics people had taken of people they did not know I complained to the mods about that thread. They saw nothing wrong with it-but I wonder if someone recognized themselves and sued them- if they would see things differently.

You need to realize, as a rule (always exceptions) men and women see things differently. Most men enjoy seeing unknown women's endowments exposed, but many women do not want to see how well endowed some male stranger is. If it is her lover in privacy, yes, that is different-but John Doe on the beach-no.

What all people need to realize, on cruises there are many children. That is why I find it inappropriate by the pool. You are in close proximity. On the beach, parents can take their family further away. It is hard to do that on a cruise ship.

I know most of you wouldnt take pics or videos of "strangers". If you go on youtube, flickr, and other sites under the name "speedos" you will find hours worth of canded shots of people in differnt swimwear. Some are of the typical old fat guy and geared towards sarcasm from the person filming it.

Inaproprate by the pool? Its SWIMWEAR... I see preteen girls wearing less then what im wearing around a pool on a ship and the parents let them wear it.. WHATS THE DIFFERANCE!!??.. Dont have to worry about me. im usually at the adult pool or up where the topless deck used to be so i dont offend other policitally correct americans. I know some of you are thinking Im letting this topic get under my skin, Its not.. Im just defending the right that us guys can wear what we want. How about all you women wear boardshorts for the whole summer season and then you will know what us guys feel like. At least some of us..

Edited by david30101