World cruise

izzywalker

We took some US Dollars and some Euros as many countries accept one of those currencies. We also used a credit card that does not charge for spending it using foreign currency and you get the bank exchange rate on the day. At other times if we needed a small amount of a specific currency we changed money on board. The rate is not good but there are no ATM charges and makes little difference with small amounts. The credit card was used where ever possible especially for larger purchases, including the additional suitcase needed to bring all the goodies home.

Pat

On our first World cruise which included India, Japan, China, Vietnam we didn't take any currency with us but changed money on board. When we did South America and Australasia we took only US dollars and again changed money on board if we needed too. I was a little nervous when I used my debit card for purchases in Dubai especially in the Souk but it was fine.

I recommend that you investigate a multi-currency card, such as Revolut. You simply load them with UK currency and then spend them as you would a debit card, even for small amounts. They automatically convert at really good rates (with no fees), so you are paying in local currency. Revolut was recommended to me and I now use it rather than bother with foreign currency. Buying foreign currency is fast becoming a thing of the past.

I recommend that you investigate a multi-currency card, such as Revolut. You simply load them with UK currency and then spend them as you would a debit card, even for small amounts. They automatically convert at really good rates (with no fees), so you are paying in local currency. Revolut was recommended to me and I now use it rather than bother with foreign currency. Buying foreign currency is fast becoming a thing of the past.

Great idea i will check that out

Thanks.

Graham.

• 3 weeks later...