Cruise ship stop- Le Carbet or Pointe du Bout?

cstiv

I posted this on TripAdvisor but did not get any responses. This board seems much more active so any help is appreciated!

Oct 24, 2017, 1:35 PM

We are stopping at Martinique for the day on a cruise in late-January. We arrive at 8 and leave at 4:30. It is my wife and me and our 4 children (ages, 11, 6, 4, 2) and my parents (early 70s). I've mostly figured out what to do at our other port destinations, but I am a bit vexed by Martinique. I think I've narrowed it down to two options:

Option 1- Pointe du Bout.

I like that it there is a ferry from FDF that makes the transportation easy (I've read that cabs are expensive). I also like that there is a little tourist village there near the beaches which should cater to our needs of, i guess, sitting around the beach and eating lunch, maybe a little snorkeling.

Option 2- Le Carbet

The zoo sounds like fun and our kids love zoos. It also appears that there are good lunch and beach options nearby. My concern is that it seems like maybe it would be more difficult to get there than option 1.

Option 3- Any other suggestions?

So if anyone could weigh in my choices and my preconceived notions, I would appreciate it. As I wrote, we are big group so transportation is a bit complicated. We like to eat and drink well and would be willing to pay a little more for that. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
I posted this on TripAdvisor but did not get any responses. This board seems much more active so any help is appreciated!

We are stopping at Martinique for the day on a cruise in late-January. We arrive at 8 and leave at 4:30. It is my wife and me and our 4 children (ages, 11, 6, 4, 2) and my parents (early 70s). I've mostly figured out what to do at our other port destinations, but I am a bit vexed by Martinique. I think I've narrowed it down to two options:

I like that it there is a ferry from FDF that makes the transportation easy (I've read that cabs are expensive). I also like that there is a little tourist village there near the beaches which should cater to our needs of, i guess, sitting around the beach and eating lunch, maybe a little snorkeling.

Option 2- Le Carbet

The zoo sounds like fun and our kids love zoos. It also appears that there are good lunch and beach options nearby. My concern is that it seems like maybe it would be more difficult to get there than option 1.

So if anyone could weigh in my choices and my preconceived notions, I would appreciate it. As I wrote, we are big group so transportation is a bit complicated. We like to eat and drink well and would be willing to pay a little more for that. Thanks for the help!

We're on the same page. Also considering these options and not finding much info. I speak french and even searching the french pages there isn't much information. The Martinique forum is also pretty quiet so I don't think we will get many answers.

Point-du-bout looks "just ok"... I feel like it is the easiest option but is kind of... settling. I believe there are much more impressive places to see on the island... it's just a question of getting there.

We are leaning towards Le Carbet as the Le Petibonum beach restaurant gets good reviews and the Neisson distillery is nearby. However, we are probably looking at 150 bucks for cab fare. Kinda a lot for a beach day. Similarly, we would love to go to Les Salines, which is arguably Martinique's most beautiful beach, but probably closer to $200 in taxi fares.

Still researching our best options. Will let you know if we find anything fantastic. Good luck!

Option 2- Le Carbet

In the past, for a large party (celebrations etc), LP has arranged a "Group Transportation", which would be an economical and excellent option.

Contact them for a detailed discussion on the party size and menu options etc.. It's good to talk.

Remember, it's the experience of fine dining at the World's best beach bar. Plus LP has a fabulous Rhum selection which includes some rare and very fine bottles.

That place sounds great! Can anyone recommend a service that could drive us from the cruise port, to the zoo, then to that restaurant, and then pick us up later and take us to the cruise port?

Ask LP, they have the best of everything at their fingertips. With a LP operating a turnkey, you are assured LP will only select those who will protect their reputation, and deliver a high class experience to guests.