Priority embarkation

chris11256

Morning All,

We're sailing on Britannia on Friday to the Caribbean and have a 12:30 boarding slot(as we've booked a suite). Just wondering what peoples experiences have been recently?

Should we turn up at 12:30 on the dot or earlier? We're staying in the West Quay Premier Inn overnight anyway, so arriving earlier isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

I would turn up any time from 11.15. Last time we boarded and had a suite, in January, we were on board and having a drink in the Cinnamon Restaurant by 12.15. The Cinnamon Restaurant on Ventura is where the Complimentary Lunch is served for Suite passengers and others on the Gold/Baltic/Ligurian loyalty levels, and a very good lunch it was.

I would agree with the above. They are not sticking to the 12,30 for priority they will board you as soon as they are ready. Our best is just before 12. You do have a special lounge for suite passengers and Ligurian members where you can get tea, coffee and cake. Sometime you even have enough time to drink the tea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would turn up any time from 11.15. Last time we boarded and had a suite, in January, we were on board and having a drink in the Cinnamon Restaurant by 12.15. The Cinnamon Restaurant on Ventura is where the Complimentary Lunch is served for Suite passengers and others on the Gold/Baltic/Ligurian loyalty levels, and a very good lunch it was.

Exactly the same experience. Arrived at 11.15 and at lunch by 12.15. One rather nice little benefit of having a suite - it makes the whole boarding process so much more pleasant.

When we went a couple of weeks ago we arrived at 11.45, boarding was well underway, the priority lounge was empty and it looked as though they had started boarding non priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done a few PO Carribean cruises on Azura, but just the fly there, fly back ones. In July we did the Med,.so it was our first time from Southampton....a nightmare. Boarding time of 15.30, so we got there at 15.00......then we sat in the 'shed' until we were finally called at 17.05!!! A quick run to the cabin for the life jackets, as muster was at 17.15. It wasn't a great first time from Soton, so hoping next time will be a whole lot better. Cruise was fantastic though....breakfast on the balcony in Monte Carlo is something I'll never forget..Happy days!

We had a 3.30 embankment time turned up at 12.00 as it was our first cruise, in the buffet by 12.45 brilliant.

I'm pleased for you, but don't expect that to happen every time! :)

We are due to join Aurora on 6 December and have booked a mini suite. Will we get an early embarkation time? Usually get a 1530 time as we have always had balcony cabins before but decided to push the boat out for this one. Soooooo excited!!!:D:D

We are due to join Aurora on 6 December and have booked a mini suite. Will we get an early embarkation time? Usually get a 1530 time as we have always had balcony cabins before but decided to push the boat out for this one. Soooooo excited!!!:D:D

You should do, along with priority access and a few nibbles etc in the small priority area. I don't know Aurora, but I imagine they have a lunch available for you too, to avoid the buffet.

You should do, along with priority access and a few nibbles etc in the small priority area. I don't know Aurora, but I imagine they have a lunch available for you too, to avoid the buffet.

I’m quite happy to be corrected, but I was under the impression that these privileges were only afforded to guests of full suites, not mini suites. The priority boarders lunch is very poor IMO, but having just returned from back to back Cruises on Aurora we were delighted to find that the Glass House is now open for lunch from 12.30pm. That’s a significantly better way to start your cruise than either the priority boarders lunch or the buffet.

I’m quite happy to be corrected, but I was under the impression that these privileges were only afforded to guests of full suites, not mini suites. The priority boarders lunch is very poor IMO, but having just returned from back to back Cruises on Aurora we were delighted to find that the Glass House is now open for lunch from 12.30pm. That’s a significantly better way to start your cruise than either the priority boarders lunch or the buffet.

I thought it was as well although last time we were in a mini suite we did get priority boarding. At the time we were Caribbean and so got the lunch anyway.

This was 6/7 years ago

We quite like the lunch, not that substantial which is fine for us as we usually have been to a hotel and have had had breakfast. The free wine is OK.

We quite like the lunch, not that substantial which is fine for us as we usually have been to a hotel and have had had breakfast. The free wine is OK.

I took your advice Dai and tried the red wine this time. I wouldn’t buy it, but agree that it is more palatable than the revolting freebie white wine and sparkling plonk that they serve, both of which leave an acrid aftertaste in your mouth. I drank your Anderson’s Gin and Fevertree tonic (that I owed you for correctly informing me that we didn’t need to attend the 2nd muster on our back to back) as you weren’t on board to enjoy it. I can confirm that it was very nice indeed ;)

I thought it was as well although last time we were in a mini suite we did get priority boarding. At the time we were Caribbean and so got the lunch anyway.

Dai, presumably the priority boarding came from your Caribbean status, not the mini suite booking?

Dai, presumably the priority boarding came from your Caribbean status, not the mini suite booking?

No John the priority was for the mini suite as we boarded with the suites and Ligurians but as I said this was a long time ago and the timings were not as they are now.

Just looked it must have been Feb 13, on Oriana.

No John the priority was for the mini suite as we boarded with the suites and Ligurians but as I said this was a long time ago and the timings were not as they are now.

Just looked it must have been Feb 13, on Oriana.

I was thinking more Azura/Ventura MS or De Luxe balconies, I believe that Oriana is a different kettle of fish.

I was thinking more Azura/Ventura MS or De Luxe balconies, I believe that Oriana is a different kettle of fish.

Azura, Ventura and Britannia do not have ini suites. Therefore I have to book a suite on those ships. You do not get priority in D. Deck (DeLux) cabins. Not the four other ships have mini suites.

As I say I do not know what happens now as the last time we used them was in Feb 13.

We are returning to Oriana next May so we shall see then.

We had a mini suite on Aurora in June and we had early embarkation of 1.00 pm.