Price protection

BigLar1

Can someone please tell me how the price protection works? I was doing a mock booking and I saw that the same booking was about 35 bucks cheaper. (Hey any money off is a save in my book LOL) So I filled out the form and sent it in to Carnival. I was able to get the 35 bucks subtracted from my due balance but I lost 50 dollars of onboard credit. What did I do wrong?

Sounds like you may have skipped reading some of the fine print. If you booked a fare with OBC, then price compared to a lower fare that didn't offer OBC, you get exactly what you got - just a lower fare without OBC. Sorry you lost out, but maybe there'll be another price drop and then you'll come out ahead?

Most time when you apply for the price protection you are in essence cancelling and re-booking the cruise. That means you are agreeing to a new contract and the terms of the offer you are claiming as being less "expensive". So if your original offer had OBC, reduced deposit, or other perk when you look for a lower price you must take those "specials" in to account as being part of the "package" and see if the new offer's perks will make-up for losing these.

;) What would Red Foreman say right now?;p

Hey, we've all made mistakes in life. Just learn from it and move on. You got lucky. This one only cost you $15.

As stated. The $50 OBC from your first booking was not a "Gift" just because you're a good person. It was part of the booking and part of your base cost.

In your youthful transgression to save money, you only saw the $35 as a savings and forgot about the $50 OBC as part of your cost.

You also have to be careful about the "Pak&Go" rates appearing on the Carnival web page... (where Carnival selects the cabin for you, as opposed to you already having selected and been assigned a cabin).

Those rates may be cheaper than what your Advanced Purchase was, but as noted above, if you attempt to get the reduced fare you may lose your cabin assignment

I just received two price drops. The first one I did not lose my onboard credit, it was a drop of 36.00. My second one my PVP told me I would lose the onboard credit but would save 102.00! Maybe you'll get another drop and it will all be worth it. :)

There was some kind of pack n go lower than what i paid, but fare viewer wouldnt work, and the carnival page would just show the lower fare, not exactly what it was for. I just think it might have been pack n go.

my agent told me cant get a lower price that doesnt exist. It will probably be a while before I book Carnival again. Carnival site on my date clearly showed a lower price, it just kept giving me error messages when I tried to click thru my date to see prices and fare viewer i tried it twice before i called my agent.

She did give me a better located cabin, but she said she too couldnt get to the fare, (if its on carnival.com for hours, but you cant click thru doesnt mean it doesnt exist). I let it go but told her I wasnt happy with carnival.

RCL has a diamond desk or upper tier desk you can call who can usually figure out problems like that.

I also dont like that im paying solo X 2. I wish I had seen the deal on the partial paradise partial panama transit, a ov is only $200 more for a 10 day cruise, and its on my bucket list. And of course RCL has a cruise with a half price solo supplement $200 cheaper than what im paying for a inside on freedom, and now i see Breeze the week before same price, if i had a crystal ball id have booked one of the other better deals, but past final payment.

I wouldnt book Carnival again for a while. i hear carnival doesnt have solo prices.... but paradise partial panama transit clearly has a solo deal for a 10 day cruise, so they must exist. its just on ovs, but that ok.

Im not real happy with my booking and carnival atm tbh. But Ill go and have fun but wouldnt rush to book so fast next time. Cant be more than one cruise at the same time, and the other deals above all conflict with my dates by at least one day overlap.

Been 2 years since i booked carnival, will probably be a while before i do again, unless i see a solo deal like paradise has out of tampa to panama. (that i was told dont exist)