Santorini tender stop. Scared of heights ...

Vistavictorious

I don’t see any alternative for you.

Everything is up top. Panoramic views unavoidable. I

At sea level there are only a couple tiny cafes and a souvenir shop where the tender boats drop off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one tour which may be OK for you. We've been to Santorini lots of times and fancied something a bit different (and couldn't face the trip down from Fira once again) so we booked a boat trip to the Caldera which leaves from the port where the tender drops you. You travel on a boat in the opposite direction to Fira. There is a stop at some hot springs (with an opportunity to bathe) and you can climb the Caldera with a view over to Santorini. You could choose to climb as high as your husband's comfort level permits - or just stay on the boat.

The boats leaves a couple of times a day and is reasonably priced https://www.dakoutrostravel.gr/sea-excursions/scheduled-sea-excursion/volcano-and-hot-springs

If you don't fancy this, unfortunately your only choice is to stay onboard - but at least you would have a quiet day with a lot of the ship to yourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Alert about Dakoutros travel. Not everything turns out as stated by them. They came up short in few areas while taking their boat to Ammoudi, (it is NOT a speed boat), Bus to Oia and Chaotic bus back to Fira package.