QM2 Veranda Gone

canoncruiser

There is no need to pay for dinner unless you want to try one of the alternative restaurants. As you are in Queens Grill you can order off menu (with notice) so I doubt many people would use the Veranda restaurant.

If you booked QG, you will not be paying for any meals and can still have anything you want that might be served elsewhere.

We only go to the Verandah/Todd English sometimes, just for lunch as we get the free vouchers. Otherwise we are more than happy to use the QG restaurant for all other meals.

Apart from a really good restaurant, you will have an extensive daily programme of activities, some active some passive. It's up to you. Somewhere on this site there are sample Daily Programmes. I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

I find it bizarre that anyone can advertise grain fed beef. Grass-fed dry aged is a different matter.

Anyone can advertise anything he or she wants, and be sure to find some who will respond. The famed circus promoter P.T. Barnum is said to have moved the crowds along in his side shows and "freak" exhibitions with a sign reading, "This way to the egress".

What is advertised is "Grain Finished Beef." Generally this is considered to provide improved marbling and tenderness over straight grass-fed beef. It's very unlikely that Prime grade beef will have been exclusively grass-fed.

Anyone can advertise anything he or she wants, and be sure to find some who will respond. The famed circus promoter P.T. Barnum is said to have moved the crowds along in his side shows and "freak" exhibitions with a sign reading, "This way to the egress".

I chose my words poorly. It is not advertising which would tempt me but then again I usually buy food quality grass fed beef - and I like the beefy gamey taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I are on the Sept. 2nd TA during which the new menu will be in place. . I tried to make a reservation last night and all but the very latest times were booked up. Not sure I want to eat a heavy steak dinner after 9:00PM so we passed but that does tell me that the new menu may be popular.

My wife and I are on the Sept. 2nd TA during which the new menu will be in place. . I tried to make a reservation last night and all but the very latest times were booked up. Not sure I want to eat a heavy steak dinner after 9:00PM so we passed but that does tell me that the new menu may be popular.

FWIW, I just booked an 8pm table and there were several slots still open between 7-9pm on various evenings that week.

I would love to meet the cats who laid out the interior and public rooms of the QM2. The only passenger ship in the world where the "lido" restaurant (i.e. Kings Court) is nowhere near the lido and the pools. None of it makes any sense but we did enjoy trying a different route from our cabin to the Britannia Restaurant every day. Back then the crossing was six days, maybe they added the day just to prove us wrong in that we never took the same route twice.

One of the exact reasons I LOVE QM2 so much. Because she isn't laid out like every other cruise ship in existence. Thank god for that. She is quirky, unique, interesting. Something so many cruise ships lack today.

I personally have no problem seeing The Verandah discontinued. It was never exceptional, just like Todd English wasn't before it. I would rather see them try out something new and possibly be successful with it, than drag on The Verandah for years on end like they did Todd English.

• 2 weeks later...

with respect the Verandah has not ''gone'' but it's just a menu change - A steakhouse at the Verandah menu during the summer (Ok with me) with a new menu onwards in Sept -- and so I gather, from another thread here just to wait and there will be "exciting news in the near future"

ooh!

OK so it's not French 1930's a la Carte fine dining which it is on QE for sure....but QM2 has a seasonal different market on TA

menu here for dinner

http://www.beyondships.com/files/MS_dinner.pdf

I really like the idea of a "Rules" style restaurant to replace the Veranda. Rules is my go to London Restaurant and I am dining there next month. The food is wonderful and the service immaculate. That would clearly be a goal for Cunard to strive for.