Insignia Internet

Verokaren

All,

Sadly, I must be prepared to do some work on board and need to bring my PC. We are staying in a PH, and from what I have read and can tell, we should get free WiFi all day. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so, how strong it is?

Thank you in advance!

Free WiFi on all ships for all cabins. 1 device at a time & 1 account, so you and the other person in your cabin cannot be on at the same time (unless you want to pay for a second). Can’t comment on the strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tend to check my email frequently, but I don't go online all that much. Sometimes it's very slow, sometimes it's pretty good. Not like my wifi at home! But okay.

I would think you won't have a problem, but it can depend on the ship AND where you are. If you are in the middle of the ocean somewhere, things could be slow ...

If all you need is email you should be fine. If you need to actually go online ... that could be much slower.

Mura

• 2 weeks later...
All,

Sadly, I must be prepared to do some work on board and need to bring my PC. We are staying in a PH, and from what I have read and can tell, we should get free WiFi all day. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so, how strong it is?

Thank you in advance!

My vacations are working ones; I was on the Insignia in July for 10 days and Internet was fine (expect it to be slower than home) except for one port where we were docked next to a military ship in Canada which seemed to have an effect to block signal - once we left to go out to sea it was fine and Internet functioned again. Was on the Regatta last April to Bermuda and no issues with Internet to do work.

We were on the Nautica last month in a penthouse and found the internet very slow at times. I personally feel it's due to the fact the ship is constructed out of steel that interferes with signal. I found if I went to the upper deck the reception was much better.

We just returned from a trip out of New York up the east coast to Halifax and out to Bermuda and back to New York on the Insignia.

I found the internet was just fine for email activity, especially early in the morning and late at night (when most others wouldn't be using it). Had excellent connectivity in the library, computer center, our room, and the Terrace Cafe.

We were on (perhaps) the same cruise on Insignia, r/t NYC to Halifax, Bermuda, etc as the previous poster.

Wifi signal was reasonably strong in our stateroom and speed was OK for simple things like email. But I had to do some work while on the cruise and found the wifi to be slow for that purpose. I switched it off and used Data while we were near US ports.