Mykonos-day beach?

SRMRCruiser

Hi all-first time RCCL cruiser here

Will be in Mykonos in September and i will most likely be "toured out" by the time i get there.

Is there a beach that is readily accessible and affordable to go and sit on for 4 hours or so?

I was looking at Agios Stefanos but not sure how easy it is to get to the bus depot from town?

Wife has walking disability and somewhat limited in her range.

Any other beach suggestions that dont cost an arm and both legs.

Cheers:cool:

We just returned from Crown Princess. Mykonos was our last port day before disembarking in Athens. Bus is easy to get to Paradise beach. It leaves every 30 minutes. There is a sea bus (boat) that will take you for 10 euros each way but we took bus for less than 4 euros round trip. No problems . Bus drops off at a little shop , walk across street and you are at Paradise beach. There were lounge chairs and umbrellas and food/drinks available.

We took the bus to Platy Gialos, very nice sandy beach with chairs, umbrellas, restaurants and restrooms. The bus is leaving at the main bus station but I cannot remember the travel time to the beach. It was not very long.

Another nice beach is Ornos Beach, but we havent been there last time.

We took the bus to Platy Gialos, very nice sandy beach with chairs, umbrellas, restaurants and restrooms. The bus is leaving at the main bus station but I cannot remember the travel time to the beach. It was not very long.

Another nice beach is Ornos Beach, but we havent been there last time.

Thank you for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our Greek Island cruise yesterday. Mykonos was our down beach day, and ended up being my whole families favorite day. We got a day pass for Saint John's Resort. It was at the cost of 80 euros per person, which was well worth the experience. It included transfers from the ship, a fantastic breakfast buffet, a gorgeous infinity pool, loungers, a beach experience, a three course lunch and transfers back to the ship. It was the best relaxing day with the most gorgeous views of the island. They limit the number of day passes to keep the experience relaxing and not crowded. We were there during their most busy time, resort filled, and yet still very private.

• Like 2

How did you get tickets to Saint Johns? I have looked on their website and dont see anything. Do you have a link you could provide?

We just returned from our Greek Island cruise yesterday. Mykonos was our down beach day, and ended up being my whole families favorite day. We got a day pass for Saint John's Resort. It was at the cost of 80 euros per person, which was well worth the experience. It included transfers from the ship, a fantastic breakfast buffet, a gorgeous infinity pool, loungers, a beach experience, a three course lunch and transfers back to the ship. It was the best relaxing day with the most gorgeous views of the island. They limit the number of day passes to keep the experience relaxing and not crowded. We were there during their most busy time, resort filled, and yet still very private.

Send an email about your interest to :

info@saintjohn.gr

I received a reservation request form almost immediately as a response.

It was a wonderful day that I highly recommend, definitely worth the money.

Thank you! I have been reading these boards for a month trying to find the perfect Mykonos day. We were ready to book a private catamaran but I much prefer this day pass option :) I have messaged them for availability (fingers crossed)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Send an email about your interest to :

info@saintjohn.gr

I received a reservation request form almost immediately as a response.

It was a wonderful day that I highly recommend, definitely worth the money.

Do you recall if they offered food choices such as pizza and burgers to satisfy the teens in our group? And, were you able to bring in any food or drinks with you? I hate paying resort prices for liquor and beer when we will probably have several drinks each. A case of beer in a soft sided cooler was what I would normally bring and then have a resort drink as a “treat”.

We ended up eating the lunch in the ocean side terrace (the 3 course meal). I do have to say the food was very different from what we are used to ( a lot of fancy fish described in Greek on the menu that they cooked in the brick oven out on the terrace.) They did mention to us (because we weren't sure if we would have time to fit in the 3 course lunch, the outside terrace opened at 1:30 and we had a 2:30 departure back to the boat) that there was another quick service option, poolside, that included pizza and such. You could choose either option for lunch. I don't know if they would allow you to bring your own cooler. You can certainly ask that question when they email you. I had emailed back and forth a few times prior to completing our reservation. They were very quick with a response. I do hope that you get the reservations you were looking for at Saint John's, it was such a fantastic day (The only beach day we had the entire trip). I too had been looking for months when I had come across a forum mentioning this place. Someone later had said that they didn't offer day passes anymore during their busy season, but I figured it was certainly worth a try and emailed them anyway requesting them. To our surprise they replied almost immediately telling us that they were available. Best Day!

We ended up eating the lunch in the ocean side terrace (the 3 course meal). I do have to say the food was very different from what we are used to ( a lot of fancy fish described in Greek on the menu that they cooked in the brick oven out on the terrace.) They did mention to us (because we weren't sure if we would have time to fit in the 3 course lunch, the outside terrace opened at 1:30 and we had a 2:30 departure back to the boat) that there was another quick service option, poolside, that included pizza and such. You could choose either option for lunch. I don't know if they would allow you to bring your own cooler. You can certainly ask that question when they email you. I had emailed back and forth a few times prior to completing our reservation. They were very quick with a response. I do hope that you get the reservations you were looking for at Saint John's, it was such a fantastic day (The only beach day we had the entire trip). I too had been looking for months when I had come across a forum mentioning this place. Someone later had said that they didn't offer day passes anymore during their busy season, but I figured it was certainly worth a try and emailed them anyway requesting them. To our surprise they replied almost immediately telling us that they were available. Best Day!

Thank you, they have responded and sent the form with availability and the menu for the day pass.

The menu was very formal and I am glad pizza is available for the teens as they are not adventurous enough for the regular menu!

Coolers are not permitted so I will order our drinks from the bar :)

I am very much looking forward to this day :)

• 1 month later...

We ended up taking the harbour ferry from Mykonos town to Old port, (4e each) then a local bus (2e I think) to Agios Stefanos and back again. A very comfortable and affordable day lounging in chairs, drinking inexpensive beers and a fabulous octopus lunch. Best beach day of the whole trip for very little investment.

We just came back from our cruise on the Reflection on Aug 29th.

We walked around town for around 1.5 hours and then had a prebooked Day Pass at the Anax Resort.

This resort is owned by the same people as St Johns but is only 2 years old.

For 30 euros we had use of the facilities,lounge chairs,towels and stunning clean change rooms with lockable lockers and showers and a gym too...it is my understanding that the rate has just gone up to 45 euros/pp.

The resort is 5 stars and spectacular with 2 large infinity pools and a hot tub overlooking the ocean.

Lunch there was amazing too and very reasonably priced.

No deposit was required..we just confirmed it around 1 week before arrival.it also included free pickup and drop off ..the pick up was at Remezzo Restaurant on the pier...we prebooked our pick up time but called them and moved it up an hour after having touredthe town.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cruisinrg said:

Is the Anax Resort on the beach? I'm trying to decide between a day pass here or the Saint John's Resort. When I look at the pictures I can't tell if the Anax is above the beach or there are chairs set up on the beach.

To get to the beach you have to walk down some stairs to access the lounge chairs and water.

I'd suggest water shoes..the couple we were with spent most of their time down by the beach while we were at the pool.