Marina - October 16, 2018

2xBubbe

We are looking to share a private golf cart tour with another couple to accommodate the 4 of us, to tour Rome, day 5, (since they are quite expensive). The tour would begin with a private pick up at the ship and take us to the golf cart tour of Rome. After we tour Rome we visit the Vatican, its museums and the Sistine Chapel with a private tour guide for an additional 2+ hours. We then head back to the ship via a private pick up. Lunch is planned in the itinerary. This private tour from approximately 8 am, to return to the ship by around 6 pm, will cost approximately $800 per couple through my licensed travel agent.

Looks like the private van price from Oceania might be a better deal. Or a private tour from any number of recommended local tour companies.

That is one expensive golf cart ride.

Looks like the private van price from Oceania might be a better deal. Or a private tour from any number of recommended local tour companies.

That is one expensive golf cart ride.

Thanks for your reply but Oceania does not have a private 2 couple golf cart tour. A private open golf cart tour is more expensive because it is more personal and you get to see much more. If you have a recommendation I would gladly appreciate it.

Sent from my VS996 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your reply but Oceania does not have a private 2 couple golf cart tour. A private open golf cart tour is more expensive because it is more personal and you get to see much more. If you have a recommendation I would gladly appreciate it.

Ask on your Roll Call if others are doing this.

And especially on the Italy ports of call sub-forum, there should be lots of info from folks on many different cruise lines who have done this and can recommend vendors.

(I just read about it somewhere on CruiseCritic, but don't remember where.)

Enjoy!

GC

I don't have a recommendation for a golf cart tour, but you could get a private tour from Rome In Limo for about 1/2 that. And they also set you up with the Vatican tours with a private guide if requested.

I used this company for a golf cart tour of Rome last November and I was thrilled with them and would highly recommend them. I wish they had these tours in other cities. They take the narrow side roads and can get you right up to the door of just about anywhere.

https://www.mybesttour.com/