BLISS H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse Advice

ry_guy785

Hello all-

I am thinking of upgrading my mini-suite booked to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse H5. I've done the H7 on the Breakaway and the H9 on the Epic. I thought that trying a H5 might be a good choice because it is actually in the Haven complex. Right now- the sailing is quite a few months away and there are some selections open on both deck 17 and 18. Does anyone have any insights on the best one to pick out of the bunch? From reading some notes on here- deck 17 cabins have much larger balcony's but I would be concerned about being above the Garden Cafe on Deck 16.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Thanks for everyones reply!!! Deck 17 is the way to go. I do know from looking up the specs the Deck 17 cabins have almost double the size balcony in terms of sq. ft.

Does anyone that has sailed in a H5 on the Bliss have any pics/videos? Thanks!!

Thanks for everyones reply!!! Deck 17 is the way to go. I do know from looking up the specs the Deck 17 cabins have almost double the size balcony in terms of sq. ft.

Does anyone that has sailed in a H5 on the Bliss have any pics/videos? Thanks!!

There are pics in this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2633514&highlight=bliss+penthouse

• 5 weeks later...

We were in 17106 week of 9/1 and loved it. The other side, 177xx is a bit more convenient to the observation lounge on 17, but we just went in/out thru the fire exit and no one said anything. Naveen was our wonderful butler! The bar in the lounge is awesome and of course we had to stop there for a drink before and after going anywhere, it’s so convenient!

The only thing I might have done differently if there was a choice was to be on the 177xx side, but where we were was wonderful and no complaints at all.

We were in 17706 last week and loved the view facing the shores on the way north. The room was quiet and the deck was quite large. Enough to add two lounge chairs and small side tables. We spent a lot of time out there enjoying the view. Having the door to the Horizon Lounge was very handy as well as the door to the pool/spa area. Very close to the bar as well. Emir and Orest were the best bartenders on the ship as far as I was concerned and made us some very special concoctions. Charlie our butler and Julito our steward were great and attentive to us. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Hello all-

I am thinking of upgrading my mini-suite booked to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse H5. I've done the H7 on the Breakaway and the H9 on the Epic. I thought that trying a H5 might be a good choice because it is actually in the Haven complex. Right now- the sailing is quite a few months away and there are some selections open on both deck 17 and 18. Does anyone have any insights on the best one to pick out of the bunch? From reading some notes on here- deck 17 cabins have much larger balcony's but I would be concerned about being above the Garden Cafe on Deck 16.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Would love to stay above the Garden Cafe...think of the time saving capabilities...(reaching over your balcony..."hey buddy...excuse me down there...could you kindly throw a cherry danish and a bagel up to me??") after a few bad throws and a squashed danish...sheshh ill just walk down myself and grab one...HAHA

We were in 17706 last week and loved the view facing the shores on the way north. The room was quiet and the deck was quite large. Enough to add two lounge chairs and small side tables. We spent a lot of time out there enjoying the view. Having the door to the Horizon Lounge was very handy as well as the door to the pool/spa area. Very close to the bar as well. Emir and Orest were the best bartenders on the ship as far as I was concerned and made us some very special concoctions. Charlie our butler and Julito our steward were great and attentive to us. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Were the lounge chairs there, or did you ask for them?

We asked our Steward when we first arrived and they were there when we got back from our meeting with the concierge. Fit perfectly on the 17th floor balcony. I can't say that would happen on the 18th since those balconies are considerable shorter.

We will be in 17126 on Oct. 20 - any more balcony photos to share, or of the room? In addition to the upright chairs, were there loungers on your balcony as well? :-)

We disembarked on the 15th if September and we’re in 17126, loved the location, HUGE balcony, quick access to get out to the elevators and around the ship.

7e62432f54359c9cf649935380f371c9.jpg7ff33001e4e7ad68fda77daccd26aaa6.jpg65a8265630e817cd365e1440ebd600d6.jpg197676e49e52ad68659b7ae77ba35074.jpg

We were recently in 17712 and thought the location was perfect. No issues with noise from Deck 16 or from cabins above. We also didn't experience any noise from the Haven Lounge.

As other posters have said, the balconies on Deck 17 cabins are deeper than Deck 18.

We will be in 17126 on Oct. 20 - any more balcony photos to share, or of the room? In addition to the upright chairs, were there loungers on your balcony as well? :-)

Unfortunately no more pictures of the cabin. The chairs and small table you see in the picture was all there was but I am sure we could have asked for loungers if we knew we would need them.

We loved the location but the cabin felt small. This was our first time in the Larger NCL ships, we have been in the One Bedroom Haven on the Jewel which is much bigger and frequently stay in the aft category SF Suites on the Jewel and Dawn Class on deck 10. This cabin was definitely smaller than those.

I recently booked the Encore for May 2020 but this time chose to do one of the Spa Haven Suites on deck 15, I always book a spa pass so this saves me plus it appears the suite is much larger and also has a large balcony.

Thank you for that - I appreciate the insight. Enjoy your future cruises--especially that Spa Suite! Smiles...

Unfortunately no more pictures of the cabin. The chairs and small table you see in the picture was all there was but I am sure we could have asked for loungers if we knew we would need them.

We loved the location but the cabin felt small. This was our first time in the Larger NCL ships, we have been in the One Bedroom Haven on the Jewel which is much bigger and frequently stay in the aft category SF Suites on the Jewel and Dawn Class on deck 10. This cabin was definitely smaller than those.

I recently booked the Encore for May 2020 but this time chose to do one of the Spa Haven Suites on deck 15, I always book a spa pass so this saves me plus it appears the suite is much larger and also has a large balcony.